NBA Live 2005 Xbox

7.6

1. BobD.
    Oct 3, 2004
    The slam dunk contest system is the most innovative addition to basketball games to date. Though an online slam dunk contest would have been even better. Aside from the slam dunk contest, the fun stops there. Yes, the right-stick movement is very smooth, far beyond ESPN's iso-motion control. The biggest probelm I had with this game is the A.I. You can literally drive right through The slam dunk contest system is the most innovative addition to basketball games to date. Though an online slam dunk contest would have been even better. Aside from the slam dunk contest, the fun stops there. Yes, the right-stick movement is very smooth, far beyond ESPN's iso-motion control. The biggest probelm I had with this game is the A.I. You can literally drive right through the middle of the paint, straight to the hole and the center won't even turn to look at you. The XBOX Live experience is horrible. Of the 10 games I played online, every single time I lost voice with my opponent. The graphics are noticeably degraded when playing online as well. EA should have just released a slam dunk contest game and I would have been happy! Worth the price of $19.99, but in no way worth $40 bucks. Expand
  2. J.T.
    Sep 30, 2004
    Great Game- The Dunk contest is a little hard to figure out, but when you do all I can say is Wow!! I tried ESPN and it plays the same as NBA Live, but NBA Live has the All-Star weekend...
  3. D.C.
    Oct 4, 2004
    Slam Dunk Contest, the slam dunk contest is by far the best thing to a b-ball video game since sliced bread. The overall game play is very choppy, freestyle controls are always cool but that can't be the only thing. This year EA needs to give a big fat raise to whomever thought of the dunk contest. That's the only thing saving them from the video game graveyard, DUNK CONTEST!!!!!!
  4. Buried-In-The-Box
    Oct 5, 2004
    Same as all the other EA games this year. Nothing but an update. It'll take more than a gimmicky slam dunk contest to cover up the boring old gameplay and PS2 graphics. Once again, Sega is on top with new ideas, not 15 year old ones like EA.
  5. Justin
    Jan 4, 2005
    This game rocks the hizzous.
  6. T-Mart
    May 14, 2005
    It is cool, but the shot blocking and steal stuff is ridiculous. it is too easy to block shots or get steals. The All-Star-weekend is awesome.
  7. Simon
    Mar 19, 2005
    This game rules! i played it once at my mates then immediately went out and bought it myself. i never used to like basketball but now i'm addicted. buy it now!
  8. BlueFalcon
    Nov 26, 2004
    The slam dunk contest is a nice idea, but why is it so difficult? All of a sudden I couldn't do even the most basic dunk. I can understand why they'd have to make it more complicated, but the controls are just so unintuitive. It's definately not something you can pull out when your friends are over. Other than that, the actual gameplay doesn't impress much. Also, the The slam dunk contest is a nice idea, but why is it so difficult? All of a sudden I couldn't do even the most basic dunk. I can understand why they'd have to make it more complicated, but the controls are just so unintuitive. It's definately not something you can pull out when your friends are over. Other than that, the actual gameplay doesn't impress much. Also, the graphics aren't that great during actual gameplay. Expand
  9. TheButcherAndjelic
    Feb 23, 2005
    Nba 2005 is the greatest simulation of basketball ever to be made on PC, but they say that there are over 10000 dunks on slam dunk contest but i can do less than 40 and how the heck do you make the alley-opp. Still its a great game.
    Dec 23, 2004
    +dynasty mode +all star weekend +commentary +realistic arenas +realistic gameplay (but still to many shotblocks) - no create a team option in the game - some inaccurate rating (esp. concerning the FG-rating and some physical ratings) - hardly fastbreaks because of players stopping immediately when they get the ball and because of the hard cpu defense.

#47 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#34 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    The game's biggest asset is its viscerally thrilling slam dunk contest...The arcadelike nature of dunking makes it an addictive element in an already solid title. [Nov 2004, p.98]
  2. Official Xbox Magazine
    The on-court action is a monstrous, 52-inch vertical leap forward in authenticity and immersion. [Dec 2004, p.88]
    A deep Dynasty Mode and some cool new gameplay additions ensure that you'll be playing the game for months to come, and while we can't say yet if the game will be able to gain ground on its biggest rival, we can say this: NBA Live 2005 is the best EA Sports basketball game ever.