8.8

1. DC
    May 2, 2003
    A blast! I usually can't be bothered with sports games but this is easy to learn and very rewarding to play. The commentary is especially good too.
  2. ThaMaster
    Jul 4, 2003
    It's a very good game to have fun with (with friends, but also alone). Graphics could be a bit better though. Also there are more attractive rewards to think of. Besides this almost everything is perfect. Definitely worth buying.
  3. AntonioM.
    Aug 2, 2003
    Itz a street ballerz dream.
  4. GregH.
    Apr 20, 2003
    This game surpasses very basketbal game fun-wise, but drops in realisticness. But if you're looking for a streetball game this is the one for you. If you're looking in a simulation kind of game get nba 2k3. Everything is good about this game except the lack of Xbox Live.
  5. Mnkyboy03
    BEST BASKETBALL ON ANY SYSTEM!!!! THAT SIMPLE
  6. JugsterJam
    May 13, 2003
    Good graphics, light on the gameplay. The gameplay is very light, it improves as you learn all the moves. It just doesnt offer a strong gameplay you get tired of it fast and wanting to play NBA2k3 or live2k3 for a realistic simulation. This game is basically for younger gamers. The dunks, moves get old fast. The 3rd person camera angle is not available only sideline angle. Its not the Good graphics, light on the gameplay. The gameplay is very light, it improves as you learn all the moves. It just doesnt offer a strong gameplay you get tired of it fast and wanting to play NBA2k3 or live2k3 for a realistic simulation. This game is basically for younger gamers. The dunks, moves get old fast. The 3rd person camera angle is not available only sideline angle. Its not the hype its suppose to be, just rent it. Expand
  7. AlanFromGERMANY
    May 16, 2003
    This game is certainly one of the funest games i have evered played.its so cool.the moves,the dunks,the gameplay.it takes an hour to figure out the controls but after dat its a blast!take kobe to the streets and ball up jordan!shaq and divac.iverson and tracy.everyone.buy this game!awsome sound too.JUST BUY IT!!!!!!!!!
  8. MatthewL.
    May 17, 2003
    A game of real quality. The beauty lies in it's simplicity. You can grab a controller and be making your mates look silly in a matter of seconds. It also has great depth that will mean this is a game you will keep coming back to.
  9. DimeLikeWhoaHolla
    May 30, 2003
    Steve C. is an idiot..have you seen jordan on there he looks so realistic its not veen funny.
  10. SamE.
    Jun 27, 2003
    Great game, but one thing troubles me: How come it doesn't compile better statistics? Although it rewards great passing with amazing visuals and "trick points", actual assists are not recorded, which is disappointing. Also, field goal percentages, turnovers, and offensive/defensive rebound counts would have been welcome additions and would have provided more points-of-comparison. Great game, but one thing troubles me: How come it doesn't compile better statistics? Although it rewards great passing with amazing visuals and "trick points", actual assists are not recorded, which is disappointing. Also, field goal percentages, turnovers, and offensive/defensive rebound counts would have been welcome additions and would have provided more points-of-comparison. Also, it really cries out for Xbox Live support. Really fun, though, despite these shortcomings. Expand
  11. JeffT.
    Apr 30, 2003
    Great Game, seeing all of the old time NBA players what makes this game so good!!!
  12. DanG.
    Apr 30, 2003
    It's sooooo sweet! i have it and it rocks! the controls are better on ps2, but nba street 2 for Xbox is aweswome. i recommend it to anybody who even slightly is interested in basketball.
  13. SteveC.
    May 12, 2003
    The best thing about a game like Street should be that you have a chance to hoop it up with real NBA players and legends. I'm all for fast paced action and crazy dunks and all. I loved NBA Jam when it first came out and saw Street as a great opportunity to improve on the genre. But the problem with Street 2 is fatal. The fact is that the graphics make it impossible to distinguish The best thing about a game like Street should be that you have a chance to hoop it up with real NBA players and legends. I'm all for fast paced action and crazy dunks and all. I loved NBA Jam when it first came out and saw Street as a great opportunity to improve on the genre. But the problem with Street 2 is fatal. The fact is that the graphics make it impossible to distinguish certain players. I am an avid watcher of NBA basketball and could easily tell players apart, but yesterday when I was playing the Golden State Warriors v the Knicks, I couldn't tell Richardson from Jamison or Arenas, nor could I tell McDyess from Houston. The game doesn't help you since the annoying play by play fails to mention players names and there isn't an option to display players names at the screen's header. Sure, there are some players that will always be recognizable, like Yao or Shaq. But without something to convey the personality of the NBA's personality, this is no more than a souped up version of Street Hoops. If I'm overlooking something, please let me know. I would love for this game to be more fun. Expand
  14. JacobG.
    May 18, 2003
    This game is AMAZING! the tricks you can do are incredible! I love breaking sum ankles! VINCE CARTER AND MJ RULE! EVERYONE SHOLD GET THIS GAME!
  15. JeremyL.
    Aug 5, 2003
    This is truly the best ball game I have played. Awesome graphics and really moves...two thumbs up!!!!
  16. JayZ.
    Feb 28, 2004
    What a sweet game. By far my favorite sports game EVER, and I have played lots of them. It's so simple yet is so deep in gameplay with sick moves a fantastic dunks (Chocolate Thunder, Hell yeah!!!). The only problem is it gets boring and the same after a while. It's good for a month or 2, but that's it. Great game, needs more replay value.
  17. GaborA.
    Nov 12, 2003
    The best rent you will ever make, but a disappointing buy. Unbelievably fun for an unbelievably short time.
  18. Uter
    Dec 20, 2003
    Blends ultra arcade style basketball with depth. Not just that, but they made some large imrpovements upon the already great original. This might be my favorite xbox game out of the 29 that I own.
  19. PatS.
    Jun 29, 2003
    This game is so money, i mean ive only played the demo, and im already hooked. Personally im not the biggest fan of sports games but this game is definitely one of the best games ive seen, period.

1. Deliriously frenetic and expertly calibrated. [June-July, 2003, p.82]
  2. Better than the original in every way, yet remains a perfect starting point for those new to the series - it's friendly, well presented and offers great value for both single player and multiplayer.
    An irresistible force that offers plenty of innovative in-game moves and controls, a comprehensive single player campaign and a multiplayer mode that'll turn even the best of friends into vicious enemies temporarily.