8.3

1. SteveM.
    Jul 17, 2005
    This review is coming from a person who has spent over 100 hours playing Madden 2005, and who has never played an NCAA game. I thought I'd pick this up for the "Race for the Heisman" thing, but it seemed way too overhyped for what it actually does. You just run a madden-like minicamp drill with a customized player. That's it. ALso, the gameplay seems a lot more block-like than This review is coming from a person who has spent over 100 hours playing Madden 2005, and who has never played an NCAA game. I thought I'd pick this up for the "Race for the Heisman" thing, but it seemed way too overhyped for what it actually does. You just run a madden-like minicamp drill with a customized player. That's it. ALso, the gameplay seems a lot more block-like than Madden. Lastly, I don't see much replay value in Heisman mode, especially when you win the Heisman your freshman year and have no motivation to do anything else for another two seasons. Dynasty mode was very cool, especially the season-long recruiting. My favorite part of Madden was the draft, and in this game it has to be the recruiting. If you are a college football fan, this game seems far too good to pass up. however, for the NFL fan like me, Madden will seem much more at home. Expand
  2. TJames
    Sep 7, 2005
    The game is hott.
  3. JimD.
    Jul 11, 2005
    Thank the lord that EA managed to address the slowdown problem. Best NCAA yet.
  4. NicholasS.
    Jul 10, 2005
    This game is kick ass!
  5. MatthieuR.
    Jul 19, 2005
    While I am not giving this game a perfect ten, I am also not one of those reviewers hellbent on disparaging anything touched by EA. True, they are the juggernaut of the field, but at least they try to innovate. Let's face it folks, there are only so many ways to play football, and I doubt that we will see something drastic happen to the gameplay, at least not this console cycle. The While I am not giving this game a perfect ten, I am also not one of those reviewers hellbent on disparaging anything touched by EA. True, they are the juggernaut of the field, but at least they try to innovate. Let's face it folks, there are only so many ways to play football, and I doubt that we will see something drastic happen to the gameplay, at least not this console cycle. The gameplay has the usual depth, and the graphics are good (I have no idea what Eddie G. was smoking when he wrote his review). I too found race for the Heisman fun but gimmicky, and eventually went back to the meat and potatoes, Dynasty mode. I found the same flaws, too, and these are also present in every Madden game for the last few years: the CPU controlled secondary can turn on a dime and break for the ball with uncanny precision and speed; your receivers are dumb as posts and still drop too many balls (I'm talking 90+ rated WR dropping consecutive open balls) and the incredibly dated and frustrating kicking meter is still around! How about using an analog stick for the kicks, EA? Expand
  6. ToluA.
    Jul 6, 2005
    I think that ncaa football 06 is the best game by far in all of sports.I think they should have add that the fans run to the field after a win in a bowl game or an upset.
  7. Ron
    Aug 5, 2005
    It is just STUPID how you can Run with the QB's in this game. I can see it happening a few times, but having 200+ yards rushing with Vick or Young is ridiculous!!! I liked the game, but playing online is terrible! If you like playing the lottery, go online and play it. You will NOT get a legit game. Ok, maybe 1 out 25. Oh, yeah, way too many tipped passes that the receivers catch!
  8. George
    Dec 24, 2005
    The best football game I've ever played. The dynasty mode is awesome, and the Heisman race is very good as well. You don't have to be a college fan to enjoy this game, and the shorter seasons are more desireable than the longer ones of Madden. I would reccomend this game way before Madden. Much more enjoyable.
  9. JimA.
    Jul 14, 2005
    Much faster paced game than last year's. Passing has improved. Feels much more like college football. Better use of right thumbstick on both sides of the ball and other button mapping as well. Improved graphics and gameplay overall. Great game.
  10. EddieG.
    Jul 15, 2005
    Typical EA--It is the same game as the last 3 yrs, with just little added tweaks here and there, to keep the EA fanboys coming back for more. Same horrible graphics, hugely pumpkin sized heads, unrealistic player motions, and redundant in game announcing. This is a fanchise way past it's prime. But EA has trapped it's fanboys, the same as a crack addict who, is looking for the Typical EA--It is the same game as the last 3 yrs, with just little added tweaks here and there, to keep the EA fanboys coming back for more. Same horrible graphics, hugely pumpkin sized heads, unrealistic player motions, and redundant in game announcing. This is a fanchise way past it's prime. But EA has trapped it's fanboys, the same as a crack addict who, is looking for the same great first time high. Ea has mastered this. It is called milking the cash cow. Be innovative, ground breaking in the beginning, and then sit on your achievement and milk your addicted fans. Can't wait for EA to do this with the 360---Remember starting in '06 they are the only NFL game in town for the next 7 yrs. P.s remember these magazine reviews are very EA bias, because you can't cut off the hand that feeds you. EA is the biggest advertiser they have, and without advertisers money--you don't have a magazine. You don't get exclusive interviews, hands on previews, screensshots-----sad but true. Expand
  11. JonD.
    Jul 22, 2005
    The one football game u must own.
  12. RyanH.
    Jul 7, 2005
    So far, it has everything from last year plus improved graphics and animations, new game modes, and IMO the biggest improvement... no more dropsies on short to midrange passes!!!
  13. MychalG.
    Apr 17, 2006
    Umm bad game play. Horrible controls. Announcers are quite annoying. Overall I hate it.
  14. AnthonyT.
    Oct 31, 2005
    This games is the best game to get because you get the best features!!
  15. AshN.
    Jul 16, 2005
    If you're looking for a totally innovative football experience, pass on this game. It's the same game as the past few years with some added polish. Some people may complain about this, but in my opinion, if it ain't broke...don't fix it. Why totally change a game that everyone loves just to be "new"? I play this game a decent amount online, and that is where the If you're looking for a totally innovative football experience, pass on this game. It's the same game as the past few years with some added polish. Some people may complain about this, but in my opinion, if it ain't broke...don't fix it. Why totally change a game that everyone loves just to be "new"? I play this game a decent amount online, and that is where the biggest improvements have been made. The passing system has been improved, focusing on more touch passing and actually hitting the open receiver. The open receivers drop less balls, and the running game seems faster and more controllable like the Sega football games. Thank God, they finally did away with the best teams (OU, USC, UGA) ability to throw the deep ball to a receiver that is triple-covered and still bring down the ball. In this game, the deep ball has been tapered, and overall, the game seems more fair and well rounded. Of course, this comment is based primarily on my Xbox Live experiences. Expand

1. The game plays much better then last year's game, and overall ha[s] a great look and feel to it that most people are just going to love.
  2. The complete package - high replay value, amazing graphics, and more realistic gameplay make this a superstar hit.
  3. Playing with the Xbox controller is just as responsive and tight as the PS2 one. The gameplay in this is extremely tight, and the game overall goes by with more speed emphasized.