8.3

Sep 7, 2005
    The game is hott.
  2. JimD.
    Jul 11, 2005
    Thank the lord that EA managed to address the slowdown problem. Best NCAA yet.
  3. NicholasS.
    Jul 10, 2005
    This game is kick ass!
  4. MatthieuR.
    Jul 19, 2005
    While I am not giving this game a perfect ten, I am also not one of those reviewers hellbent on disparaging anything touched by EA. True, they are the juggernaut of the field, but at least they try to innovate. Let's face it folks, there are only so many ways to play football, and I doubt that we will see something drastic happen to the gameplay, at least not this console cycle. The While I am not giving this game a perfect ten, I am also not one of those reviewers hellbent on disparaging anything touched by EA. True, they are the juggernaut of the field, but at least they try to innovate. Let's face it folks, there are only so many ways to play football, and I doubt that we will see something drastic happen to the gameplay, at least not this console cycle. The gameplay has the usual depth, and the graphics are good (I have no idea what Eddie G. was smoking when he wrote his review). I too found race for the Heisman fun but gimmicky, and eventually went back to the meat and potatoes, Dynasty mode. I found the same flaws, too, and these are also present in every Madden game for the last few years: the CPU controlled secondary can turn on a dime and break for the ball with uncanny precision and speed; your receivers are dumb as posts and still drop too many balls (I'm talking 90+ rated WR dropping consecutive open balls) and the incredibly dated and frustrating kicking meter is still around! How about using an analog stick for the kicks, EA? Expand
  5. ToluA.
    Jul 6, 2005
    I think that ncaa football 06 is the best game by far in all of sports.I think they should have add that the fans run to the field after a win in a bowl game or an upset.
  6. George
    Dec 24, 2005
    The best football game I've ever played. The dynasty mode is awesome, and the Heisman race is very good as well. You don't have to be a college fan to enjoy this game, and the shorter seasons are more desireable than the longer ones of Madden. I would reccomend this game way before Madden. Much more enjoyable.
  7. JimA.
    Jul 14, 2005
    Much faster paced game than last year's. Passing has improved. Feels much more like college football. Better use of right thumbstick on both sides of the ball and other button mapping as well. Improved graphics and gameplay overall. Great game.
  8. JonD.
    Jul 22, 2005
    The one football game u must own.
  9. RyanH.
    Jul 7, 2005
    So far, it has everything from last year plus improved graphics and animations, new game modes, and IMO the biggest improvement... no more dropsies on short to midrange passes!!!
  10. AnthonyT.
    Oct 31, 2005
    This games is the best game to get because you get the best features!!
  11. AshN.
    Jul 16, 2005
    If you're looking for a totally innovative football experience, pass on this game. It's the same game as the past few years with some added polish. Some people may complain about this, but in my opinion, if it ain't broke...don't fix it. Why totally change a game that everyone loves just to be "new"? I play this game a decent amount online, and that is where the If you're looking for a totally innovative football experience, pass on this game. It's the same game as the past few years with some added polish. Some people may complain about this, but in my opinion, if it ain't broke...don't fix it. Why totally change a game that everyone loves just to be "new"? I play this game a decent amount online, and that is where the biggest improvements have been made. The passing system has been improved, focusing on more touch passing and actually hitting the open receiver. The open receivers drop less balls, and the running game seems faster and more controllable like the Sega football games. Thank God, they finally did away with the best teams (OU, USC, UGA) ability to throw the deep ball to a receiver that is triple-covered and still bring down the ball. In this game, the deep ball has been tapered, and overall, the game seems more fair and well rounded. Of course, this comment is based primarily on my Xbox Live experiences. Expand

1. The game plays much better then last year's game, and overall ha[s] a great look and feel to it that most people are just going to love.
  2. The complete package - high replay value, amazing graphics, and more realistic gameplay make this a superstar hit.
  3. Playing with the Xbox controller is just as responsive and tight as the PS2 one. The gameplay in this is extremely tight, and the game overall goes by with more speed emphasized.