6.9

1. AdamN.
    Jul 18, 2006
    the same game as last year basically. No new gameplay features except for changing the players positioning before the play. New kicking is easy on straight kick but rediculous on sideways kicks. The new Campus legend is the exact same thing as superstar mode in madden last year, they are identical. Last years game was better no doubt.
  2. SammyN.
    Aug 30, 2006
    It's good - not great - but it's definitely fun despite its inherent issues. I've been playing it almost non-stop for a couple weeks now, and I've got a list of gripes that need to be addressed by EA prior to the next iteration of the series... a) Brad Nessler's hands: why oh why would they put such a half-assed rendering of those awful non-human looking hands in It's good - not great - but it's definitely fun despite its inherent issues. I've been playing it almost non-stop for a couple weeks now, and I've got a list of gripes that need to be addressed by EA prior to the next iteration of the series... a) Brad Nessler's hands: why oh why would they put such a half-assed rendering of those awful non-human looking hands in full view, especially when Brad's face is a decent likeness? C'mon EA, it looks like you scrambled to put the GameDay folks in at the last minute. b) Catastrophic Injuries: apparently the folks at EA like the phrase, "when it rains, it pours". Case in point? Look at the injuries. Is it any coincidence that my top three impact players have been injured in the same game multiple times? These are strong, healthy dudes - and yet they all mysteriously get an 8 week+ injury in the same game? Might it be that two of them are leading the Heisman list by a mile? I know injuries are part of the game, but don't make it quite so catastrophic. What's next, a meteorite comes down in the last week and injures my entire squad just before the championship? c) Fublitis: Okay, so what do you expect from a 94 OVR running back with 94 Carry ability? 3, 4, maybe 5 fumbles IN A ROW in a game? This doesn't even require the highest or next to highest difficulty setting to occur. Momentum bar? Firmly on my team's side. It doesn't matter if the HB is composed or not, the computer just decides to take him down a peg, or maybe 5 pegs. It's ridiculous. It's more of the 'rains it pours' mentality that just isn't realistic. d) Personal Fouls: how many freaking Unsportsman Like Conduct calls must I receive? Even with it turned down to 0%, I still get several a game. It's so ridiculous. I stop a team on 4th down, but I do a couple push-ups (stupid, I don't like that evey play deserves some pompous celebration) and then I get a flag thrown and give the other team a first down. Who thought this one up? Ooohhh, let's have players celebrate over the most minor achievements, like running for 2 yards. Then we'll have the most anal refs in the NCAA penalize their asses every stinking time! Sweet! If it's in the game, it's in the game! Come on EA - you know that the least popular aspect of sports is the ULC call, considering that most folks enjoy a (tasteful) touchdown boogie or celebration. Those penalties are not especially popular with most fans, so don't you think you could ease up on them a little? At least so I don't get 4-5 such calls a game, even when I'm not choosing to use the oh-so-cool celebration-selector? Heck, a guy just pumps his fist in the air in joy, and you throw a flag. How realistic is that, anyway? Oh, and while you're at it, review what such calls like "pass interference" mean, and the refs will seem much more realistic. All that said, the game is fun. It really is a wonderful football game, and despite my gripes, I still can't quit playing it. Campus Ledgend mode's tests and juggling of activities gets a little tedious, but it's just too easy to make a superstar and succeed. Even with sub-par teams overall. Passing is improved, and overall, I'd recommend the game. Just make sure that you have a) a lot of patience for computer-scheduled injuries and fumbles/interceptions and b) you don't mind seeing some awfully glitchy animations of Brad Nessler's hands and some players that chat with thin air after the game concludes. Expand
  3. JayT.
    Jul 24, 2006
    I havent played the game alot but it seems to be a total upgrade from last year im playing a QB and its much easier to complete passes now they have QB accuracy and the recievers don't have butter fingers also the jump the snap play is perfect.
  4. JimA.
    Jul 26, 2006
    Great game. Improved running game. Much improved passing game. The information windows for audibles, hot routes, etc is very helpful. Really fun to play. I like that EA doesn't try to re-invent the game every year. They take an already great game and make it even better. Enough is new to keep it fresh. Enough has been around before to allow the game to be stable. Best football game Great game. Improved running game. Much improved passing game. The information windows for audibles, hot routes, etc is very helpful. Really fun to play. I like that EA doesn't try to re-invent the game every year. They take an already great game and make it even better. Enough is new to keep it fresh. Enough has been around before to allow the game to be stable. Best football game I've ever played. Expand
  5. TimothyP.
    Aug 1, 2006
    Best NCAA yet Kudos EA!
  6. EAStinks
    Jul 23, 2006
    Why does this continue to be a top selling game? It's been the same basic game for 6 years. All EA does is add a few new features which in the PC world would be called an expansion pack and then they update the roster. They charge you 50 dollars for the same game. Really why do people continue to buy this game every year?

1. We could still do with more Campus Legend mode and fewer ho-hum drills, but this is nonetheless an excellent sports game, with all the thrills and dynamics of real college football.
  2. What makes NCAA Football 07 so incredible is a single world: immersion. From the in game cheering to your campus legend's dorm room, you will be drawn into an atmosphere that's been missing from previous years' NCAAs or any other game of this variety.
  3. More than just an upgrade, NCAA Football 2007 is a complete revamp of the franchise bursting at the seams with accurate details and realistic gameplay.