6.5

1. Jan 13, 2014
    I don't get why everyone is hating on this game. Sure its graphics aren't perfect, but it is better than nothing, and I found most of the scenery and cars to be enjoyable to look at! The handling is so unique, and I feel like this game is the only game with such a unique style of handling cars - in a good way! The cars are great, the tracks are long and well made, and the difficulty isn't too easy or too hard! I still play this game 10 years after it's been released, so it definitely also has its replay value. The sound effects are pretty accurate and the music is really nice...so what's not to like about this awesome game? The only downside to this game that I may be able to see is the lack of open world, but that's more of a complaint rather than an actual issue. Buy this game for cheap, and have fun with it! (IGNORE THE OTHER BAD REVIEWS)

Gameplay: 9.5/10
    Story: N/A
    Music: 9/10
    Presentation: 9/10
    Length: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10

1. If you want a game to be realistic but not so real you need an MOT, buy this game. If you feel that games should offer boundless enjoyment and make you smile like a ten year old at Christmas, buy this game.
  2. Outrunning the cops while racing on gorgeous international tracks is damn fun... [but t]he intense sense of speed found in the PS2 version is missing. [Winter 2002, p.103]
  3. The fuzz and Need's sense of speed are what kept me playing. However, many of the modes are the same rat race in disguise. [Nov 2002, p.141]