6.4

1. LeifO.
    Oct 3, 2002
    The tracks are cool, but the graphics are really bad.
  2. PeterS.
    Oct 1, 2002
    I would Not recommend this game to ANYONE.
    Nov 10, 2002
    Fair if it were released after NFS3, but a shit after NFS Porsche.
  4. Steve
    Oct 8, 2002
    too fustrating too foggy too difficult no excuse, this game should be better on xbox vs ps2. ea should have ea canada do this one. way to go electronic arts.
  5. BenD.
    Dec 6, 2003
    This is actually my favourite game on X-box. Sure the cars don't handle realisticly compared to the Project Gotham Games but NOT having to slow down for corners is a lot more fun. Hardcore racing fans might not enjoy it but i feel this is the best racing game on offer. And i also think its alot better than the newer NFS-UG which has a lot of missing options. But that's just my opinion.
  6. ScottB.
    Mar 18, 2005
    Bottom line....not good.
  7. DaneB.
    Dec 27, 2006
    When I got my Xbox this was the first game I bought and I was not disappointed. Hours of gameplay, cars are responsive and fun to drive, learning curve exists so the game gradually gets harder, lots of fun. Easy enough to finish so you probably won't get bored before you unlock all the cars. Overall a very good buy in my opinion. I still play it two years later.
  8. Deathstalker79
    Oct 14, 2002
    Ok. For those who gave it a low score shame on you. You just don't know how to drive. Graphics are stunning, Framerate are nice and crisp, handles like a dream. Learn the mechanics of driving this ain't no Ridge Racer.
  9. ACES
    Dec 17, 2002
    Gameplay is very good with cops being very aggressive, lot of collisons, 2 cop cars chasing staying right with you. You can also be a cop. The graphics are good won't be disatisfied. The problem is that to unlock new tracks you have to play and beat the game and you play the same 3 tracks (also beat in reverse)which are 4 laps just to long. If you loose you start over and it gets Gameplay is very good with cops being very aggressive, lot of collisons, 2 cop cars chasing staying right with you. You can also be a cop. The graphics are good won't be disatisfied. The problem is that to unlock new tracks you have to play and beat the game and you play the same 3 tracks (also beat in reverse)which are 4 laps just to long. If you loose you start over and it gets annoying and you end up playing the same tracks as you move. You want to unlock features but after a while you just stop playing the game. Expand
  10. Jan 13, 2014
    I don't get why everyone is hating on this game. Sure its graphics aren't perfect, but it is better than nothing, and I found most of the scenery and cars to be enjoyable to look at! The handling is so unique, and I feel like this game is the only game with such a unique style of handling cars - in a good way! The cars are great, the tracks are long and well made, and the difficulty isn'tI don't get why everyone is hating on this game. Sure its graphics aren't perfect, but it is better than nothing, and I found most of the scenery and cars to be enjoyable to look at! The handling is so unique, and I feel like this game is the only game with such a unique style of handling cars - in a good way! The cars are great, the tracks are long and well made, and the difficulty isn't too easy or too hard! I still play this game 10 years after it's been released, so it definitely also has its replay value. The sound effects are pretty accurate and the music is really nice...so what's not to like about this awesome game? The only downside to this game that I may be able to see is the lack of open world, but that's more of a complaint rather than an actual issue. Buy this game for cheap, and have fun with it! (IGNORE THE OTHER BAD REVIEWS)

Gameplay: 9.5/10
    Story: N/A
    Music: 9/10
    Presentation: 9/10
    Length: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10

1. If you want a game to be realistic but not so real you need an MOT, buy this game. If you feel that games should offer boundless enjoyment and make you smile like a ten year old at Christmas, buy this game.
  2. Outrunning the cops while racing on gorgeous international tracks is damn fun... [but t]he intense sense of speed found in the PS2 version is missing. [Winter 2002, p.103]
  3. The fuzz and Need's sense of speed are what kept me playing. However, many of the modes are the same rat race in disguise. [Nov 2002, p.141]