Need for Speed Underground 2 Xbox

1. MatthewV.
    Mar 2, 2005
    I enjoyed playing Need for Speed Underground 2. The car customization was excellent with hundreds of car combinations. Driving to the races was a great improvement from NFSU. The graphics are excellent. Although the URL races are too long and it doesn't have much replay value.
  2. KarlN.
    Sep 21, 2007
    I did play this through because it was the first racing game I had for the Cube. It's decent but not great. The most annoying thing about the game is that crashing into the side makes a crash sound but there is no damage, either visibly or in performance. I felt that this game would have been a lot better if there were consequences for my crashes.

#59 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004

1. GMR Magazine
    Compared to its predecessor, NFSU2 is more. More city, more courses, more cars, more parts, more style...just more of everything in general. The game is huge. [Dec 2004, p.99]
  2. NFS:U2 is trying very hard to progress this franchise, but sadly the enhancements that EA seem most proud of (the free roaming map, refillable N2O and SUV racing) detract from, rather than enhance, the game play experience.
  3. Edge Magazine
    The handling hasn't evolved and a year on, with the masking novelty of the game's tuning aspects worn off, it's disappointingly limited and remote. And despite the increased choice and plot introduction the whole exercise can often feel soulless. [Christmas 2004, p.60]