NHL 2004 Xbox

6.5

1. CrazyIvan
    Oct 1, 2003
    EA's nhl just keeps getting worse... It fells like the players are skating in the air... The graphics looks like on N64 (Yes it's true) and the controlls are so sloppy... was looking forward to this release but now i'll never look at EA's Nhl again... ESPN Hockey does so much better in EVERY aspect of the game.
  2. TuomasK.
    Sep 16, 2003
    Very poor. I don't even know why EA has pushed this game in the market, so unfinished. DON'T BUY THIS!!! Waste of time and money. Get ENH (Espn Nhl Hockey)
  3. BryanP.
    Sep 19, 2003
    you guys need to get a life
  4. BradleyC.
    Sep 22, 2003
    I bought this game... and is was TOO fast even if the speed was 0, so annoying.
  5. BillD.
    Sep 28, 2003
    I agree this game is bad.The control is awlful.The graphics are 5 yrs old.And I can't beleive that EA is still handy us this crap.Year after year I've been a tried and true EA gamer, and have given them the benefit of the doubt ,but give us break EA ! The fans are disappointed! This game sucks!
  6. CodyH.
    Mar 16, 2004
    -Sh.t passing -Stupid AI ( spinning tops? ) -Horrible online play -Rigged like crazy (no matter how "good" you are) -Half assed control of players Plus, its the only game that has ever consistently made me want to throw my controller through the screen during every game. If you know even the slightest bit about hockey, you'll hate this game. Garbage.
  7. RavenX301
    Sep 22, 2003
    I totally agree with Tuomas on this one, that, this game sucks. That's it, it just plain sucks. EA has'nt made a decent hockey game sense N64's NHl 1998. And now they just seem to be sticking with the same old graphics that has been seen sense the 1998 N64 title. A waste of money and time to play this one. Do your self a favour and maybe look around for other title's I totally agree with Tuomas on this one, that, this game sucks. That's it, it just plain sucks. EA has'nt made a decent hockey game sense N64's NHl 1998. And now they just seem to be sticking with the same old graphics that has been seen sense the 1998 N64 title. A waste of money and time to play this one. Do your self a favour and maybe look around for other title's or wait for the Micorosoft one to come out, Cause this title blow's. Now, I am not going to lie, I really wanted last year's title of this game for Xbox, but once I got it, it was Sooooo boring and just plain OLD. of course I may have never thought that if i did'nt have HITZ 2002-2003, But I tell ya, I never want to see this junk again, because if a Midway Un-simulation hockey game can beat some thing that is supposed to be what is carrying hockey in the game world, Then I am very disappoint, I pray that EA well pack it up and let ESPN deal with the simulation of hockey. Expand
  8. Uter
    Sep 28, 2003
    Both NHL Hitz and ESPN are better games. Although NHLs not horrible, it's the worst choice you could make when picking up a hockey title this year.
  9. Sam
    Dec 23, 2003
    I haven't been impressed with EA's Hockey titles since atleast '98 or '99. If you want a GREAT game grab ESPN 2K4, it is the ultimate Hockey game for XBOX!

#15 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Pound for pound, it's gritty play - and experience points - propel NHL 2004 to a hard-fought win [over "ESPN NHL Hockey"]. [Oct/Nov 2003, p.97]
  2. Game Informer
    Given how far this franchise has come, however, I've no doubt that the team behind NHL will keep this series out in front of the curve from now on. [Oct 2003, p.138]
  3. Cheat Code Central
    Everything that has been revamped makes me look forward to next year's version and see if they can bring it all together.