7.1

1. MaxM.
    Apr 24, 2003
    This game is definitely geared toward the die-hard hockey fan. As far as fun for the normal, videogame/sports fan, a flop. When no one scores for 35 minutes straight, it just gets old. Couldn't even get into a fight.
  2. FranF.
    Jan 15, 2003
    I don't know much about hockey. In fact, everything I learned about it was from my NHL-fan friend. But, I can tell you that the NHL games are fun, especially this one. It's fast, it's furious, it's VERY detailed (according to my friend) as far as being like the actual game. In fact, it may take a while to get down the more advanced controls. However, I truly enjoy this I don't know much about hockey. In fact, everything I learned about it was from my NHL-fan friend. But, I can tell you that the NHL games are fun, especially this one. It's fast, it's furious, it's VERY detailed (according to my friend) as far as being like the actual game. In fact, it may take a while to get down the more advanced controls. However, I truly enjoy this game only when playing with another person. Single player is ok, but my experience with it playing my friend makes it a lot more fun - not to mention having a few beers with it as well. :) Expand
  3. AdrianM.
    Apr 14, 2003
    Good game except for the fact that the goalies are too skilled. Even with goalie skill set at its lowest often 30-40 shots are needed for one goal. Despite having nearly 500 shots more than most other teams my team has the 5th least amount of goals. Goalie skill can become very frustrating. Otherwise a fun game.

1. It looks fantastic, sounds fantastic, and possesses unrivaled gameplay – online or off.
  2. It's a brilliant design, and a generation ahead of where EA is today. [Dec 2002, p.142]
    The biggest difference between 2K3 and its competition, though, is the game's physics. Players move like they're actually on ice.