NHL Rivals 2004 Xbox

8.8

1. MichaelB.
    Nov 22, 2003
    This hockey game is the most fun to play of any in the last year. It's not as deep, but it's definitely the best-controlling and best-looking. It's also a blast to play online.
  2. AnttiK.
    Jan 24, 2004
    Excellent game. The Real Suprise. I've played all new NHL-games and this is the best of all. I hope that next year custom soundtracks are also available during gameplaying.
  3. BillD.
    Dec 11, 2003
    I sometimes wonder who is pocketing the magazines.They loved EA NHL 2004 (which ea keeps handing us the same crap for the past 5 years) and they don't like NHL Rivals(A good first year effort thats more fun than EA) Do they know anything about the sport?This game Is alot of fun!Sure it's gotta a few flaws but,for a 1st year effort,it is a good solid game.It not as deep as I sometimes wonder who is pocketing the magazines.They loved EA NHL 2004 (which ea keeps handing us the same crap for the past 5 years) and they don't like NHL Rivals(A good first year effort thats more fun than EA) Do they know anything about the sport?This game Is alot of fun!Sure it's gotta a few flaws but,for a 1st year effort,it is a good solid game.It not as deep as others.Controls are sharp,graphics are very crisp.Best arena music.The fighting engine is the best so far and it acyually works!.This game shine on the pro level . Its a blast to play.Could easily topple EA NHL with refinements and deeper play.Did I mention how fun this game is?If I had to pick only one hockey game this year .It would be Sega NHL2k4,but I would miss NHL Rivals alot. Expand

#22 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2003

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    The biggest fault in Rivals is the A.I. - your teammates seem terminally lost, neglecting to chase loose pucks or go after rebounds. [Dec 2003, p.106]
  2. "NHL 2004" and "ESPN NHL Hockey" are still the cream of the crop, but don't be surprised to see NHL Rivals join them in another year or three.
    It doesn’t really do that much to excite you though, as it lacks something that makes the whole experience a let down from being an exciting prospect. The graphics are average and the sound not a great leap better.