• Publisher: Tecmo
  • Release Date: Sep 20, 2005
8.5

1. GlennM.
    Nov 1, 2005
    This game is completely pointless. If the only point of a game is the fact that it is challenging - who cares? I played for about an hour and a half over 3 sessions and I feel absolutely no desire whatsoever to play again (the 3rd session I forced myself to play just to give it one more chance). What a disapointment. Time for ebay. What a waste of time and money!
  2. JJC
    Sep 25, 2005
    Great graphic does not necessarily mean that it is a great game. The original game is already terribly difficult enough and this one is even worse. It is anything spetacular or difficult to make a "DIFFICULT" game??? Give me a break. I'd rather save my life and $$$.
  3. JaceN.
    Nov 11, 2005
    Im not sure which is more pathetic...the army of losers snapping this up to "prove their metal" against its punishing difficulty or the additional army of losers trying to covince the world its not difficult at all and they finished it on super-ultra-mega-hard...so they must be gods then? Games are for entertainment...not a substitute for our societies complete lack of facilities and Im not sure which is more pathetic...the army of losers snapping this up to "prove their metal" against its punishing difficulty or the additional army of losers trying to covince the world its not difficult at all and they finished it on super-ultra-mega-hard...so they must be gods then? Games are for entertainment...not a substitute for our societies complete lack of facilities and situations for our young males to prove themselves. Expand

1. The hard-as-nails Ninja Gaiden is back, with improved camera system, a new mission mode and bonus game. At a budget price, you'd be crazy not let own this gem.
    On the technical side of things, Ninja Gaiden Black has a problem that wasn't present in the original release. The game is prone to bouts of slowdown at impromptu moments and these aren't particularly hectic instances either.
    If it were simply the original Ninja Gaiden with just some mission modes tacked on, it would still be worth full price. But chiming in at around $30 with new missions, new difficulty settings, new cinemas and new costumes to unlock -- on top of the already-awesome, original game -- it's practically a steal. Uncompromising and unabridged, Ninja Gaiden Black shows you how reissues could and should be done.