8.3

1. MikeH.
    Nov 30, 2005
    **Operation Flashpoint has some of the worst graphics around. We are talking PS1 or Dreamcast. Now you can say graphics don't mean that much, but it is one of a few very important things. **The sound, voice over, cut scenes and environments are not on par with current generation games. This is the same game from 2001, with little to no additions. **This game is not a typical gamers **Operation Flashpoint has some of the worst graphics around. We are talking PS1 or Dreamcast. Now you can say graphics don't mean that much, but it is one of a few very important things. **The sound, voice over, cut scenes and environments are not on par with current generation games. This is the same game from 2001, with little to no additions. **This game is not a typical gamers cup of tea. The maps are large, making travel a large part of a mission. Very fustrating to learn technics to this game. Not a lot of action compared to typical console games. **If you have a PC, the game is much better on PC. Plus the game is REALLY CHEAP and runs on most PCs. The Xbox version doesn't have any the mod support that the PC does. **People are saying this game will have 24 players online and the box says 16+ players?! This is from the developers themselves, "On a standard Xbox with 256 kbps up connection speed we currently recommend hosting games for around 8 players, depending on the mission type." So those of you who hope to host 16 players like advertised will not likely be able to do so because you will not have enough bandwith. So the insanley large map with 8 players running around, thats what I call "hide and seek". It's also advertised that dedicated servers 'could' be used to host 32, but I have not seen any def. on that, it's only a possiblilty. Expand
  2. JaceN.r
    Nov 22, 2005
    If this is how bad real war can be...how disorganised and disobedient your troops can be...how lucky shots can end hours of travel & planning...how accurate people hiding in bushes "so thick they cant see the light of day" in can be...I hope im never drafted!
  3. Harry
    Dec 3, 2005
    The online portion lags and makes the communication between team mates very hard to do. If you want a good game that looks and controls better buy Battelfield 2: Modern Combat.

1. It's been an utter delight to play the game again, especially as the conversion to Xbox has been handled so well. No self-respecting Xbox Live player should be without this game.
  2. It may test your levels of forgiveness, and stretch the boundaries of your patience, but if you want a game that delivers something close to the unforgiving challenge, tension and confusion of real warfare, then give it a try.
  3. A few minute irritations can't prevent us from declaring this to be nigh-on perfection. Good price too. [Xbox World 360]