Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors Xbox

• Release Date: Oct 21, 2004
8.3

1. Bigmacwithfries
    Nov 7, 2004
    Too "Japaneese" in my opinion. I mean, come on, demons who look like papermade silouetes floating in the air? give me a break! what is this, the nightmare of a japaneese grandpa or something? It has nice particle effects when you destroy something but I wouldn't go as far as sayin´ "nice graphics". After watchin' ninja gaiden's graphics, and seing what an XBOX is Too "Japaneese" in my opinion. I mean, come on, demons who look like papermade silouetes floating in the air? give me a break! what is this, the nightmare of a japaneese grandpa or something? It has nice particle effects when you destroy something but I wouldn't go as far as sayin´ "nice graphics". After watchin' ninja gaiden's graphics, and seing what an XBOX is capable of, everything below that level is plain mediocre crap. By the way, the camera is the worst ever! guaranteed headache after a half hour of playin'. Rent it first. Expand
  2. JonathanZ.
    Feb 14, 2005
    The way I felt about Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors was basically the same way I felt about Baten Kaitos. I got about an hour into it, enthralled by the lush visuals and mysterious soundtrack. Then, I realized I was in for another twenty-four mind-numbing hours of pounding on my controller and hacking demons to bits. No thanks.
  3. Sam
    Oct 24, 2004
    It looks gourgeous but the controls are frustrating and the plot is lacking, but the enjoyable moments make me convinced that there are high hopes for the franchise. Don't expect Shinobi like controls and gameplay and you should be fine with this realease, so a dissapoinment compared to the first, but a decent game overall and on my curent faves list (second place) so far.

#61 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#4 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. Weekly Famitsu
    7 / 8 / 8 / 7 - 30 silver [Vol 785]
  2. Combines slick, well-tuned controls with an accessible combo scheme with unbelievably thick visual effects to create a complete third-person action package. [Nov 2004, p.92]
  3. Your enjoyment of this game will correlate directly to whether you dig the highly Japanese flourishes and style...If this is your bag, Otogi 2 offers some of the most lavish ass-kicking destruction around. [Nov 2004, p.124]