Panzer Dragoon Orta Xbox

• Release Date: Jan 12, 2003
8.5

1. Heath
    Mar 15, 2005
    There is essentially no freedom of movement in this game. It's nothing but pretty graphics and alot of button smashing. I was bored with it in the first 20 minutes.
  2. KeenanS
    Jun 8, 2009
    This game was absolutely incredible and stands as my favorite Xbox game of all time and one of my favorite games of all time as well. This game is challenging and is a bitch when it comes to difficulty (Especially some of the bosses). The game has a cool storyline, fantastic and fast-paced on-rails action, and even decent graphics. This game is fantastic and should be bought by anyone who This game was absolutely incredible and stands as my favorite Xbox game of all time and one of my favorite games of all time as well. This game is challenging and is a bitch when it comes to difficulty (Especially some of the bosses). The game has a cool storyline, fantastic and fast-paced on-rails action, and even decent graphics. This game is fantastic and should be bought by anyone who still owns an old Xbox. This was a phenomenal adventure and it's a blast to play! Expand
  3. BrittanyT.
    Dec 27, 2002
    Yeah, a shoot 'em up game? No, I don't think so. Bored to pieces in less than five minutes. The freedom the creators sacrificed for better graphics was too much. They ruined the game...however, with the ability to maneuver and fire like unreal championship 2 it could definitely win some brownie points. But it doesn't have it, so it won't.
  4. CoryT.
    Feb 12, 2003
    YEA, I got to agree with brittany, yeah thad be grreat. Not very fun. And Yeeaahh i'm gonna need those tps reports on my desk right away. Don't bother playing it.
  5. Jan 19, 2011
    This game was incredibly underrated. It's a shame not that many people got to experience this amazing game. It's kinda sad that a next generation version of this franchise hasn't been made yet.
  6. Wiseman
    Mar 2, 2003
    I love the graphics and the lightning fast seizure-educing play. It's not really a perfect game, but there wasn't an instant I wasn't having fun playing it. I love the art gallery too.
  7. JamesL.
    Apr 29, 2003
    Graphics are superb; gameplay not so great. I found myself using repeatedly pressing the same buttons in the same fashion what ever the level. High expectations may have lead to disappointment.
  8. Johnny13
    Jan 11, 2003
    Brittany T, you're an idiot. If you really don't have a clue about something then you should just shut up. Panzer Dragoon Orta is the current pinnacle of rails-on shooters. It has enough new gameplay features to make it a true a next-gen Panzer Dragoon game, yet it still keeps the gameplay retro enough so veterans of the series will fall instantly in love with it. Highly Brittany T, you're an idiot. If you really don't have a clue about something then you should just shut up. Panzer Dragoon Orta is the current pinnacle of rails-on shooters. It has enough new gameplay features to make it a true a next-gen Panzer Dragoon game, yet it still keeps the gameplay retro enough so veterans of the series will fall instantly in love with it. Highly recommended to people who know and love the series and to new players alike. If you know what you're getting (a rails-on shooter that is) you definitely won't be disappointed in it. Expand
  9. JakeB.
    Jan 10, 2003
    he is in fact an idiot
  10. R.Mann
    Jan 14, 2003
    Mmmmmm....PDO.....
  11. JimJ.
    Oct 24, 2003
    This is the only XBox game I've ever played that gave me "Nintendo thumb" after 10 minutes. Big disappointment. Besides the pretty stuff, what's the appeal? If you liked Centipede, you'll love this.
  12. ScottK.
    Mar 11, 2003
    No replay value, a good rent, that is all!
  13. DaveF.
    Aug 15, 2003
    Yeah you can bicker about its limited freedom and all, but this plays like a better version of the original classic panzer games, with better control, more gameplay elements, and of course some of the best graphics in a video game PERIOD. Awesome game. Bottom line its very fun which is why we all play games in the first place BECAUSE ITS FUN.
  14. Allen
    Jul 31, 2004
    This game sucked. Trying to dodge something, and then being stopped a INVISIBLE WALL, getting hit, and dying. WTF? If this is what railshooters are about, they suck. This is annoying, especially when fighting the last boss. I don't know y people are trashing Brittany for having a brain and an opinion. Guys, sucks me.
  15. KayseePanzer
    Nov 2, 2003
    This IS the ULTIMATE game!! Whoever rates this game lower than a 9 needs either mental help, or needs to pput themselves out of their misary, like Saria said. Oh, and for those who don't have the game...GO OUT AND GET IT!! This game kicks butt!! I know, I have a Sega Dreamcast, so, I have played Sonic Adventure One and Two. WHOEVER DOES NOT HAVE THIS GAME, I ADVISE TO GO OUT AND GET IT.
  16. LordA.
    Jan 13, 2003
    (import version) Holy ****. This is the best looking game ever made. And the best game ever. Remember the time you first played Sonic? Better than that. Halo? Better. It's the best game ever. Buy 10 copies.
  17. MikeyK.
    Jan 15, 2003
    This game is so cool man. you can just play it for ever man. you get it it is so fun man. Take my word for it man.
  18. AlexS.
    Jan 17, 2003
    Brittany T. is a F@%*EN idiot.
  19. Tom
    Jan 17, 2003
    I give it a 10. Brittany T, you're the reason why girls shouldn't play video games.
  20. Adny2
    Feb 24, 2003
    Hands down the greatest shooter both gameplay and visually than any other game today! welcome back to classic gaming! once again...Bravo SEGA!
  21. MegaMage
    Mar 21, 2003
    I agree with johnny, brittany ain't gotta clue what this games all about. Panzer Dragon Orta has taken a huge step forward from rail shooter standards not to mention its impeccable graphics capabilities. Yet the creators still keep it faithful to the original. A must have game in my book.
  22. Saria
    Jun 1, 2003
    Anyone who rates this below a 8 needs to seek mental help or at least put themselves out of their misery somehow... I don't care if the first Panzer game was crap, this one does more than make up for it.
  23. SaskaN.
    Sep 18, 2003
    Best shoot em' up on any platform EVER! Absolutely awesome graphics and gameplay. Now, if those same guys could ever make a new version of R-Type...
  24. Uter
    Jan 14, 2004
    I don't care for dragons, or dragoons, but this is a great game. It's a shooter that's constantly intense and challenging. Plus the unlockable bonuses are some of the best ever, in any game.
    May 13, 2004
    What should one think of when they hear Panzer Dragoon Orta? 1) That is a wierd name. 2) That game is great!!! Well, both. Anyway, this game is perfect. It has some of the best graphics I have ever seen. They have quality similar to Metroid Prime. And the controls are perfect. Locking on to multiple enemies never gets boring. I recommend this game to everyone who owns an Xbox (It only What should one think of when they hear Panzer Dragoon Orta? 1) That is a wierd name. 2) That game is great!!! Well, both. Anyway, this game is perfect. It has some of the best graphics I have ever seen. They have quality similar to Metroid Prime. And the controls are perfect. Locking on to multiple enemies never gets boring. I recommend this game to everyone who owns an Xbox (It only costs $20 now). Expand
  26. Anthony
    Dec 3, 2009
    An excellent (near-perfect) on-rails shooter for it's time, and still a great shooter now. It takes the old, proven Panzer Dragoon formula and updates it for the XBox, adding things such as maneuverability (though, admittedly, maneuverability was already done ages ago in the original Star Fox) and the ability to morph the dragon. There is a ton of playability even after completing An excellent (near-perfect) on-rails shooter for it's time, and still a great shooter now. It takes the old, proven Panzer Dragoon formula and updates it for the XBox, adding things such as maneuverability (though, admittedly, maneuverability was already done ages ago in the original Star Fox) and the ability to morph the dragon. There is a ton of playability even after completing the main story, including a massive amount of unlocks, sub-missions, and the entire PC-version of the first Panzer Dragoon in it's original form. For old Panzer Dragoon enthusiasts and fans, this was a major step forward in the series, and for those new to the universe, there is an unlockable encyclopedia detailing the many different things within the Panzer Dragoon world. Graphically, for an XBox game, it looks fantastic, though the terrain can admittedly be bare at times. The Japanese VAs are also a bit plain, but it is doubtful most westerners will care. If you can pick this game up anywhere used, it is well worth the money. Expand
  27. MusashiR.
    Jan 16, 2003
    Stunning beauty and gameplay like this is exactly why I bought an Xbox. I'm in love!!!!
  28. Brawn
    Feb 12, 2003
    I'm giving it a 9 or 10, I'll give it a 10 just to get some points back on it from Brittany T. The graphics and gameplay are awesome. Like the dude said with Sonic and Halo, those were badass when you first played them and this goes along with them. Don't rent this game, go out and buy it, you won't be disappointed.
  29. j.j.
    Mar 21, 2003
    Brittany and corey are full 'a sh*t. They got no idea the greatness this game has if u don't even know what a rail shooter game is don't review one.
  30. WhiteWarrior
    Mar 15, 2004
    Intriging storyline, awesome controll, great graphics, finely detailed cinematics, and a ton of secrets to unlock. DEFINETLY a must for any Xbox owner......remember A MUST!!!
  31. MichaelW.
    Jun 11, 2007
    Everyone who complains about not being able to move around needs to shut up. It's an ON-RAILS SHOOTER. That's how ALL of them are. Complaining about a lack of free movement in this genre of game is like complaining about the lack of lyrics in Rhapsody in Blue. Sure, some people are trashing Brittany for having an opinion, but her opinion is uninformed and doesn't understand Everyone who complains about not being able to move around needs to shut up. It's an ON-RAILS SHOOTER. That's how ALL of them are. Complaining about a lack of free movement in this genre of game is like complaining about the lack of lyrics in Rhapsody in Blue. Sure, some people are trashing Brittany for having an opinion, but her opinion is uninformed and doesn't understand the whole point of the game. If you want to be able to move like Unreal Championship 2, then go play that game instead. Expand
  32. Jul 24, 2017
    Its a fun and unique game, but can be difficult. Once i'm actually able to get past the 4th level ill get back to you...................................
  33. Jan 7, 2014
    As you can see, the negative reviews are complete baloney and make no good points about any supposed flaws in this game. In reality, this is the king of rail shooters. It takes a ton of skill and practice to complete the game even on normal mode, and the mechanics are very deep. You have a lot more freedom to move and shoot than any other rail shooter out there, as you can pan the cameraAs you can see, the negative reviews are complete baloney and make no good points about any supposed flaws in this game. In reality, this is the king of rail shooters. It takes a ton of skill and practice to complete the game even on normal mode, and the mechanics are very deep. You have a lot more freedom to move and shoot than any other rail shooter out there, as you can pan the camera 360 degrees to shoot things all around you. You can even move around bosses, literally, to the front, sides, and back, as you please. Add to all this the ability to change dragon forms between 3 different dragons, and a complex leveling system, and you have a crazy gem of a game. There's absolutely loads of replay value here, too. Besides just trying to master the main game, you can unlock special scenarios and the original full Panzer Dragoon game that came out on the Sega Saturn. The only flaws the game has are just in figuring out how the heck to beat some of the bosses, but as this does add to the replay and challenge, it's really no big deal. With a beautiful shooter like Orta packaged with the original classic game, you have to give this game a high score. The effort they put forth is tremendous, and it shows. Expand
  34. Sep 5, 2013
    Perfect Game. 10 fast levels, with a magnificent gameplay skill-based and a lot of tough boss battle. The graphic is awesome, expecially for the year of release, musics also are good. The background story is really interesting and it's a shame that Panzer Dragoon Saga, the "prequel", is so expensive to buy...and rare to buy. This game introduced me inside the "Panzer Dragoon world", OrtaPerfect Game. 10 fast levels, with a magnificent gameplay skill-based and a lot of tough boss battle. The graphic is awesome, expecially for the year of release, musics also are good. The background story is really interesting and it's a shame that Panzer Dragoon Saga, the "prequel", is so expensive to buy...and rare to buy. This game introduced me inside the "Panzer Dragoon world", Orta is probably one of my favourite game of all time. Hope that Sega (maybe with Nintendo?) one day will retake this series again...
    10/10, brilliant, perfect, awesome.

#9 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003
#22 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2003

Simply gorgeous. From both a design standpoint and a technological one, Orta is one of the richest experiences you can have involving both your Xbox and your eyes.
  2. netjak
    Unfortunately, Panzer Dragoon Orta came up short, literally, with it's complete lack of actual gameplay. This game felt like more of a coin-op than an actual console game.
  3. Game Informer
    Orta actually comes packed with a few surprising enhancements, injecting some depth into the gameplay. [Jan 2003, p.105]