Panzer Dragoon Orta Xbox

• Release Date: Jan 12, 2003
8.5

1. JimJ.
    Oct 24, 2003
    This is the only XBox game I've ever played that gave me "Nintendo thumb" after 10 minutes. Big disappointment. Besides the pretty stuff, what's the appeal? If you liked Centipede, you'll love this.
  2. Heath
    Mar 15, 2005
    There is essentially no freedom of movement in this game. It's nothing but pretty graphics and alot of button smashing. I was bored with it in the first 20 minutes.
  3. Allen
    Jul 31, 2004
    This game sucked. Trying to dodge something, and then being stopped a INVISIBLE WALL, getting hit, and dying. WTF? If this is what railshooters are about, they suck. This is annoying, especially when fighting the last boss. I don't know y people are trashing Brittany for having a brain and an opinion. Guys, sucks me.
  4. ScottK.
    Mar 11, 2003
    No replay value, a good rent, that is all!
  5. BrittanyT.
    Dec 27, 2002
    Yeah, a shoot 'em up game? No, I don't think so. Bored to pieces in less than five minutes. The freedom the creators sacrificed for better graphics was too much. They ruined the game...however, with the ability to maneuver and fire like unreal championship 2 it could definitely win some brownie points. But it doesn't have it, so it won't.
  6. CoryT.
    Feb 12, 2003
    YEA, I got to agree with brittany, yeah thad be grreat. Not very fun. And Yeeaahh i'm gonna need those tps reports on my desk right away. Don't bother playing it.

#9 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003
#22 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2003

Simply gorgeous. From both a design standpoint and a technological one, Orta is one of the richest experiences you can have involving both your Xbox and your eyes.
  2. netjak
    Unfortunately, Panzer Dragoon Orta came up short, literally, with it's complete lack of actual gameplay. This game felt like more of a coin-op than an actual console game.
  3. Game Informer
    Orta actually comes packed with a few surprising enhancements, injecting some depth into the gameplay. [Jan 2003, p.105]