7.4

1. BillS.
    May 2, 2005
    Is this a joke? a 91 from Total Games? The guy doesn't even get the main character's name right. (hint: it's Jack). An 8.0 from IGN is pretty bad when their scale is from 8 to 10. Worthless reviews for a worthless game.
  2. Deviant
    May 6, 2005
    A nice game wrapped in a amazing world, the chances DE took on this game warrent the 10 easily, its simple and fun, and the map editor is a very nice addition, creating maps with such ease has never been so fun! This game is one of the best fps out there, i wouldnt rate it as high as Half life 2, or Doom 3 but it still stands on its own.
  3. J.C.
    Sep 7, 2005
    Overall, I didnt like the game. There was very little complication..... you were guilded everywhere like a dog on a leash, and the first person shooter aspect made me cry. Almost all enemies went down easily, and if you have good reflexes its a walk around and shoot dummies. Not a game I would put a long term investment in.
  4. RogerJ.
    May 3, 2005
    Some people, like the above poster, rate a game before even getting a chance to play said game, making an uninformed an undoubtedly incorrect decision. I am rating Pariah a ten to balance of this previous act of stupidity, and beg others not to make such rash judgements in the future.
  5. Spike
    May 5, 2005
    There's been a lot of this recently - new releases that get wildly differing scores from one magazine or website to another. Gamespot 59, Total Games 91, what is going on? Have we now seen it all and done it all to such a degree that some are looking for new developments while others just look for gaming goodness? In the end, more these days than ever, it seems the best judge of There's been a lot of this recently - new releases that get wildly differing scores from one magazine or website to another. Gamespot 59, Total Games 91, what is going on? Have we now seen it all and done it all to such a degree that some are looking for new developments while others just look for gaming goodness? In the end, more these days than ever, it seems the best judge of videogame character is yourself. Having been convinced to avoid what turned out to be a lovely title before (First to Fight) I decided to get this regardless of the reviews. And as a self-confessed Halo2 hater (what's the fuss about motorcycle riders shooting green blobs at each other, really!) I have to say I love this game to bits. Offline it's a great laugh, online it is hectic chaotic entertainment, very much like Halo2 in terms of looks and gameplay, but with MUCH more entertaining weaponry in my view and more exciting environments. I think my particular favourite feature is that you can see the target dot from a sniper's laser sight. Gone are the days of being taken down by Captain Aren't-I-clever-hiding-up-here-not-moving-and-killing-you-time-after-time, if you see a little blue spot wandering on the ground or on the rocks near to you, dive for cover! Final advice - buy and try for yourself. Expand
  6. FPSMaster
    May 8, 2005
    Utter garbage. This single worst game on Xbox aside from Close Combat. Nothing about it is good, so I'll just say everything this game has hurt it, including the "Sony"-like hype surrounding this game for the last year.
  7. Alex
    Aug 1, 2005
    In the end, Pariah tries to deliver with unique ideas (such as the healing tool) and pretty graphics, but comes up short in terms of gameplay. its a good for a weekend rental, but not much else.
  8. KyleD.
    Jun 3, 2006
    great gameplay, beautiful graphics to display the lifelike physics, but contained an abundabt amount of abiguities in the plot.
  9. Spartan234
    Jul 7, 2006
    It isn't a "Halo 2" killer, but I found it to be immensely entertaining. The weapons are really fun to use, and the weapon upgrades system helps. For instance, you can add a remote detonator to your grenade launcher. I don't see what everyone has against the storyline. I thought that it was really unique -- after all, it's good to be playing a first-person shooter where It isn't a "Halo 2" killer, but I found it to be immensely entertaining. The weapons are really fun to use, and the weapon upgrades system helps. For instance, you can add a remote detonator to your grenade launcher. I don't see what everyone has against the storyline. I thought that it was really unique -- after all, it's good to be playing a first-person shooter where your character isn't a "tough guy" battling a whole bunch of aliens -- but rather, a doctor battling his way through hostile soldiers that shot his ship down, and he must rescue his infected patient before an infection spreads. Expand
  10. TestudoM.
    Feb 6, 2007
    Reminded me of Gears of War! Similarly dark and nihilistic, while beautiful. This was actually a great game. It DEFINITELY exceeded Doom 3 in every way (graphics, variety, plot, music) and in many ways Unreal II, and Halo 2. The plot was no more confusing than that of Halo 2. It did feel not quite polished in some areas, and I wish there was more exposition, (it was pretty confusing,) but Reminded me of Gears of War! Similarly dark and nihilistic, while beautiful. This was actually a great game. It DEFINITELY exceeded Doom 3 in every way (graphics, variety, plot, music) and in many ways Unreal II, and Halo 2. The plot was no more confusing than that of Halo 2. It did feel not quite polished in some areas, and I wish there was more exposition, (it was pretty confusing,) but what you are told is both intriguing and refreshingly adult. I payed way less than $50-60, but even if I had, I would have felt I got my money's worth. Expand
  11. X.
    May 3, 2005
    Kicks ass.
  12. Rayzor6
    May 5, 2005
    Lucas B hit the nail right on the head. Many people are looking for an alternative to H2, and sadly, this isn't it. Mapmaker is pretty decent but still limited (however, much easier to use than Timesplitters). I played one single player deathmatch against bots and it could not process it fast enough...and simulated LAG! The weapons are clunky from the sniper rifle to the rocket Lucas B hit the nail right on the head. Many people are looking for an alternative to H2, and sadly, this isn't it. Mapmaker is pretty decent but still limited (however, much easier to use than Timesplitters). I played one single player deathmatch against bots and it could not process it fast enough...and simulated LAG! The weapons are clunky from the sniper rifle to the rocket launcher. The vehicles are awkward. I played online and the lag wasn't an issue, but there was very little precision involved in killing. I was always guess whether each shot would kill or not, nothing precise. I wanted this game to be good, and it isn't bad. It is just middle of the road with very little offer. Also the load times are LONG and CONSTANT. Expand
  13. LordIkonJr.
    Aug 5, 2005
    i read XboxAddict comment, about being time to give buyers of $50-$60 games the content that they're paying for... if your still paying for 50-60 dollar games (ESPECIALLY computer games), your wack. no one pays for computer software.. that's just insane and a waste of money (use all that money to buy hardware instead) you don't even have to buy console games nowadays (just i read XboxAddict comment, about being time to give buyers of $50-$60 games the content that they're paying for... if your still paying for 50-60 dollar games (ESPECIALLY computer games), your wack. no one pays for computer software.. that's just insane and a waste of money (use all that money to buy hardware instead) you don't even have to buy console games nowadays (just get a mod chip and play burned games, or do like me and play games off a HDD on your ps2, which is better) with games sooo high, if I buy 4 games that' way over 200 dollars! with 200 dollars I can get 2 gigs of ram + a new mouse. so why pay.. that's gay. my review: this game soo far is good. I love the sound, as it sounds like a movie (esp. when you first begin). i've been had it downloaded, but I had to get a nocd crack to make the game actually work (it would just show the pariah logo and that's it). Expand
  14. BlueF.
    May 23, 2005
    This one looked really awesome in the previews. But once you get into the game, it couldn't be much less impressive. Although it's not at the point where it's unplayable.

1. Most importantly, it has the all-important replayability that can sometimes make or break a game. This game stands up to any FPS out right now, and surpasses some.
  2. The value here ultimately comes down to the creativity of the Pariah community. Decent package overall. [June 2005, p.51]
    Pariah's virtues, ultimately, are adult virtues: it's a solid, serious, deeply competent game. This competence may not prove an adequate substitute for the moment-to-moment buzz of the mindless FPS in its terminally adolescent pomp.