8.3

1. StephenC.
    Jan 10, 2003
    Phantom Crash could be a perfect game if it offered more (and larger) levels, more SV manufacturers to choose from, multiplayer co-op and syslink and online play. Lets hope there's a sequel with all that in it! As it is the game is very addictive and a LOT of fun, once you get past the mostly senseless dialogue between battles.
  2. CormacA.
    Oct 15, 2003
    Oi D**Head! Akira... so what... it was good, not great Anime!! Do you know how many movies are out the about Neo Tokyo etc and stuff about the first Tokyo being blown up! Neon Genesis: Evangelion for one! This game rocks, its so addictive!
  3. TroyJ.
    Apr 2, 2003
    One Sweet Game ANd Defiently Should Get 100% Rating. Though Not Many Arenas It Is Awsome And The Graphics Are Beautiful.
  4. NhojE.
    Dec 2, 2002
    I LOVE IT!!!!
  5. MichaelR.
    Feb 27, 2003
    This game is surely awesome. But there is that one question.... WHY CAN'T WE BUILD A RANDOM SCOOBEE???!?!!!?!? It's not that i don't like the mechs we are given to chose but they can't be mix matched. And we need more levls with more items and space. That's my only problem.
  6. AneeshG.
    Mar 10, 2003
    It's great!!!! I rented it for a week, and am now obsessed. I only wish there were more arenas. ONLY FLAW! If your system allowed, it would be a 9.5
  7. Nov 15, 2011
    My experience with this game was positive. Just enough challenge to keep me compelled, and while it was very straightforward and simplistic, I feel that's where it really shined. It's simply a mech deathmatch game. That's it, no confusing plot twists. If you don't play it for an extended period of time, you can still pick right up where you left off without any problems. There's enoughMy experience with this game was positive. Just enough challenge to keep me compelled, and while it was very straightforward and simplistic, I feel that's where it really shined. It's simply a mech deathmatch game. That's it, no confusing plot twists. If you don't play it for an extended period of time, you can still pick right up where you left off without any problems. There's enough customization options to keep you goal oriented as you smash up opponents. When my arsenal of XBOX games felt overplayed and tired, I could always pop in Phantom Crash for some mindless fun! Expand

1. Ruthlessly hunting down other mechs in Stealth mode becomes the favored approach in the heat of battle, and makes for amazingly fun, intense gameplay. [Winter 2002, p.96]
  2. The combat in Phantom Crash is mostly excellent.
  3. It's one hell of a good time.