Pirates of the Caribbean Xbox

7.3

1. JosephP.
    Jul 13, 2003
    This game could have been amazing. The graphics were spectacular and gameplay was pretty good. It was very fun being a pirate for the 5 minutes before my game froze up the first time. At just about every loading screen you encounter (loading screens are EVERYWHERE) you will find yourself with a frozen game. I had to sit next to my Xbox and shake it aroud to make the game keep working. I This game could have been amazing. The graphics were spectacular and gameplay was pretty good. It was very fun being a pirate for the 5 minutes before my game froze up the first time. At just about every loading screen you encounter (loading screens are EVERYWHERE) you will find yourself with a frozen game. I had to sit next to my Xbox and shake it aroud to make the game keep working. I wasnt sure if the game had problems or if it was my Xbox, so i returned and exchanged this game 3 times. 3!!! and the final answer is that this game has way too many bugs to be played. So if you're looking to get this game, you could have just as much fun beating yourself with a rolling pin. Expand
  2. RyanT.
    Jul 8, 2003
    It sucks the battle modes suck, the ship battles suck, the land battles suck, it was an awful game and theres barily any plot to it. i wish i could have given it less than a 0
  3. TimT.
    Sep 17, 2003
    This game starts off promising to be full of adventure and pirating antics, but soon the endless waiting for areas to load - even taking about 15 secoinds just to load a single shop - and the buggy area transitions - often the game finishes loading an area only to show you a blank screen where you can only access the main menu to load your previous game or the character menu - just get tooThis game starts off promising to be full of adventure and pirating antics, but soon the endless waiting for areas to load - even taking about 15 secoinds just to load a single shop - and the buggy area transitions - often the game finishes loading an area only to show you a blank screen where you can only access the main menu to load your previous game or the character menu - just get too annoying to continue. Collapse

#29 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Besides making personal progress, you must hire hands, choose a complementary hierarchy of mates, explore the Caribbean, and, ultimately, earn cheddar. Giving your neighbors a good buggering simply comes with the territory.
  2. GMR Magazine
    We'd feel good about recommending this game to RPG fans if not for the stuttery framerates. [Sept 2003, p.75]
  3. Edge Magazine
    The joy of Pirates of the Caribbean is to be found in the variety of the elements delivered - sword fights and canon battles happily sit alongside contraband trade route management. But ultimately none offer a tremendous amount of depth. [Nov 2003, p.107]