Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones Xbox

• Release Date: Dec 1, 2005
8.4

1. TonyB.
    Jan 2, 2006
    this game was simply amazing i was blown away by it. this is the best prince of persia game in the series wow this game is fun. love the fighting system especially the dark prince. and the quick kills is an excellent new feature to the series wish they had it in the other two.
  2. AlexC.
    Dec 5, 2005
    I found this game to be the best of the series. it had a lot of story to it, without all the boring talking. Also, the music in this game is so much better than the last, if you rememer the last agme all it was was a repatitive rock beat over and over again, but in this one it wasn't so reapative and the music in the game just made it more emcompassing to play. I enjoyed playing as I found this game to be the best of the series. it had a lot of story to it, without all the boring talking. Also, the music in this game is so much better than the last, if you rememer the last agme all it was was a repatitive rock beat over and over again, but in this one it wasn't so reapative and the music in the game just made it more emcompassing to play. I enjoyed playing as to Princes, but the problem ui faced was that when your evil you health depletes so it makies it hard to get someplace, but they did give substantial health while the evil prince and what upset me when i fighting the ending boss there was a huge delay when the boss attacked, and his reaction time, in example, i got hit, went into a roll, and ten the affects of hit happened. What really was the icing on the cake was the end of the game. I absoulutely loved how they ended it, it was the perfect end to the series, and i'm sad to see it end. All in All this game deserves a ten because of it's sheer 'awsome-ness'! Expand
  3. TeddyR.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Words can't describe the awesome graphics of this game. My only disappointment is that it isn't for the 360! Hopefully they'll break their promise and make another, or remake this one. It's without a doubt the best game of the series. No question about that.
  4. Frostbolt
    Jan 8, 2006
    Having been a fan of the POP franchise for the longest of times, playing the old games and unlocking everything there was with The Sands of Time, and Warrior Within, this game just satisfied me on all fronts and put a nice warm feeling in my stomach as I watched the end movie play. Wonderfully done, adding in enough of the two previous games to make The Two Thrones triumph. The 3rd Having been a fan of the POP franchise for the longest of times, playing the old games and unlocking everything there was with The Sands of Time, and Warrior Within, this game just satisfied me on all fronts and put a nice warm feeling in my stomach as I watched the end movie play. Wonderfully done, adding in enough of the two previous games to make The Two Thrones triumph. The 3rd installement brings the magnificant unique touch of POP, and as always, delivers hard on the most important aspect of a game in my eyes, gameplay. From whipping your daggertail round and round as the dark prince, to using speed-kills to defeat enemies as the noble prince, it just doesn't get old. Also did I mention the manic and wildy entertaining chariot races? Or the suberb job on the frantic boss fights? There is just too much to go over. Beautifully made enivorments are made even better in The Two Thrones. The story also fits the game and it feels as though it has purpose, not just some lame tale made to make a trilogy, thus making some measily money. Ubisoft really paid attention to what needed to be done and took time and care with the game, and it all shows as a final product. I have gone only over a small portion of this timeless epic. Be sure of it. If you enjoyed the last two, or have always enjoyed POP, it would hands down be a slap in the face, a crime better yet, to not play this game. Impressive Ubisoft, very impressive. Expand
  5. FredK.
    Feb 10, 2006
    I loved this game and all the other Prince of Persia!
  6. WilliamK.
    Dec 26, 2005
    I loved it so much, I finished it in a day. Then I got annoyed that it was so short. So I played it again. Considering the length, you might want to rent it.
  7. BrianW.
    Dec 6, 2005
    What very little people know is that TTT continues after the ALTERNATE ending of WW. If you haven't completed WW with the alternate ending, the story will make a LITTLE less sense to you from the outset, but as was expected, the game is spectacular.
  8. NickD.
    Dec 6, 2005
    The new speedkill system makes this game really, really enjoyable. You don't have to sit and waste time fighting like in most other platform games, or even RPGs. You can just slit a throat and be on with it.
  9. HarleyV.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Best game of the year, hands down.
  10. Cassioposa
    Dec 12, 2005
    The folks at Ubisoft certainly listened to their fans on the third installment. I think we saw an excellent blend of the two previous games.. I appreciated that they took the Sand Wraith idea from Warrior Within and expanded its capabilities to form the Dark Prince character. The music was superb. The only criticism I have there is in regards to the oddly dissonant composition that played The folks at Ubisoft certainly listened to their fans on the third installment. I think we saw an excellent blend of the two previous games.. I appreciated that they took the Sand Wraith idea from Warrior Within and expanded its capabilities to form the Dark Prince character. The music was superb. The only criticism I have there is in regards to the oddly dissonant composition that played while you're scaling the tower. Just seemed to be a bit out of place for that part of the game. The game itself felt short, but that may be because it wasn't nearly as repetitious as WW, and the gameplay environment wasn't as static. I appreciated the addition of the speed kills. It's a great way to reward players that have the patience to develop a plan for those minion battles. Overall, it wrapped up the trilogy nicely. If a fourth edition to this game happens, it'd be neat to include more of a back story on his Father, as they seemed to touch on developing his character in this game. I also wouldn't mind having the capability to choose between the good/evil character to complete obstacles/battles. Expand
  11. FPSMaster
    Dec 7, 2005
    I was gonna buy this but instead rented it first. It is pretty good, and is almost too much like the others,but the one thing that is in the back of my mind is knowing there will probably be another one every year from now on just like the damn Tony Hawk games. Trilogy or not, they'll find another way to cash in on this franchise year after year if it doesn;t kill them. So I was gonna buy this but instead rented it first. It is pretty good, and is almost too much like the others,but the one thing that is in the back of my mind is knowing there will probably be another one every year from now on just like the damn Tony Hawk games. Trilogy or not, they'll find another way to cash in on this franchise year after year if it doesn;t kill them. So there's really no point in owning this game knowing that. Expand

#54 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005

1. With the series' clever design and sense of humor fully restored, The Two Thrones is a stellar return to form for Prince of Persia.
  2. It takes a measured approach to combat, pitches the atmosphere at the same eery, mysterious level that we loved about the first game, and wraps it all up with one of the more flexible control systems imaginable (quick point though, Ubi: why can't I invert the look up/down?) that make it possible to enjoy the kind of trap laden environments that would make Lara's eyes bleed at the prospect.
  3. games(TM)
    New traps and techniques make for some spectacular exhibitions of skill, and with game being significantly larger than anything previous, there's enough here to challenge even the most dedicated Prince Of Persia fan. [Christmas 2005, p.94]