Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy Xbox

7.9

1. Chris
    Sep 24, 2005
    I love this game. It was the saddest day ever when I completed it. Definitely a game with a difference. I just hope that they make a follow up.
  2. Jul 13, 2013
    This game is the perfect example of a really good, fun to play, original IP that's potential was never realized because the developer caught a bad break. honestly we NEED more games like this instead of the same things over and over gain.
  3. Daz
    Sep 4, 2004
    Wow - what a surprise. This is an excellent game and much better than i expected it to be. The special powers are amazing and add another dimension to to normal 1st/3rd person shooter. I particularly like the way you get introduced (via training missions) throughout the game rather than all at the beginning which i think would have been confusing. I rarely finish games but i wouldn't Wow - what a surprise. This is an excellent game and much better than i expected it to be. The special powers are amazing and add another dimension to to normal 1st/3rd person shooter. I particularly like the way you get introduced (via training missions) throughout the game rather than all at the beginning which i think would have been confusing. I rarely finish games but i wouldn't be surprised if this is an exception. Highly recommended. Collapse
  4. DigitalEraycer
    Jun 15, 2004
    Provides new gameplay elements to the 3rd person action genre making it a unique & fresh gaming experience. A simple solution to the comment made by eToyChest about the checkpoint save system would be to manually save your progress in multiple game slots.
  5. ToddK.
    Jun 29, 2004
    I just finished this game and can't wait for number 2. I had so much fun picking up guards and putting them in the furnace and dropping them on the floating mines I started playing in arcade mode once I finished. Midway had a hit with The Suffering, which I thought was one of the best I've played, but Psi Ops ROCKS!!
  6. SamG.
    Sep 3, 2004
    BEST.GAME.EVER!
  7. Steve-OA.
    Oct 2, 2004
    People who liked Second Sight better than this just don't know games. Check it out! Peace!
  8. JohnR.
    May 27, 2004
    This game is sweet.
  9. BobR.
    Sep 12, 2004
    Just finished. Great powers, inventive design. Lots of fun. Like most console games, you can't save checkpoints which requires you to keep the Xbox on. Recommended.
  10. Schnuz
    Jan 9, 2005
    A big surprise hit. Amazing physics, awesome sense of power. Very solid experience. Only let down is the surround sound, which is poorly implemented.
  11. JeffM.
    Feb 17, 2005
    Maybe not the best but definitely the most awesome game of all time.
    Jun 17, 2004
    Unbelievably cool. Midway scores with this one.
  13. ProfessorFrink
    Jun 29, 2004
    This game is one of the best original games I've seen all year. The psychic powers are really cool and useful too. Also, on a side note, this game was originally going to be called ESPionage.

#28 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004

1. While the graphics aren't up to what Xbox owners expectations may now be, the game still looks great and ultimately, its 'fun factor' easily lifts it up into borderline gaming greatness.
  2. What really elevates the game, though, is the impressive implementation of the Havoc 2.0 engine. Fling an enemy into a wall, and his broken body will slump lifelessly to the floor, throw him into a barrel and chuckle wickedly as the hapless guard goes sailing through the air like an oversized rag doll.
  3. Official Xbox Magazine
    The union of the overtly realistic (and sometimes troublesomely so) Havok physics engine sharp visuals, and a staggering amount of extra content make this a smooth ride until some of the slightly more cumbersome activities in Psi-Ops' later levels. [Aug 2004, p.81]