Red Dead Revolver Xbox

8.5

1. Mar 28, 2013
    Rescued from cancellation by Rockstar Games Red Dead Revolvers strained development is all too obvious in the games lack of polish, both in terms of visuals and gameplay. Despite this there are enough interesting ideas in this third-person shooter to ensure it never becomes a chore to play and, if nothing else, it provided the template for the fantastic follow up Red Dead Redemption.
  2. MichaelR.
    Oct 9, 2004
    Fun game, I'm having a very good time with it. I wouldn't say it's worth fifty bucks, but you can nab it for 20 bucks at Videogamedepot.com, among other places, and it's well worth it.
    Aug 9, 2004
    Very fun game that captures the old Clint Eastwood westerns feel. There are areas that might be improved upon, but I'm getting my money worth with this one.
  4. Theguywholivesinyourbasement
    Aug 7, 2004
    Best damn games ever to go on the market.
  5. HellraiserJ.
    Jul 30, 2004
    This is the best game i have ever played.
  6. N.T
    Jul 13, 2004
    Lots of fun, graphics could be touched up, and the handeling too. But all in all its pretty fun.
  7. MichaelC.
    Jun 9, 2004
    Everyone is saying that this game didn't live up to their expectations...hmmm....maybe I was the only person who had really low expectations for this one. I really can't see making an awesome "wild west" game, and until someone proves me wrong, here I am. What can be said about RDR? How about this: the graphics are a joke, the story doesn't even approach uniqueness, and the Everyone is saying that this game didn't live up to their expectations...hmmm....maybe I was the only person who had really low expectations for this one. I really can't see making an awesome "wild west" game, and until someone proves me wrong, here I am. What can be said about RDR? How about this: the graphics are a joke, the story doesn't even approach uniqueness, and the (crappy) soundtrack gets old quick. The gameplay, you ask? Well, its not that bad, albeit repetitive. The levels they throw in for unique gameplay include a barfight (awful level), plenty of 'duels' (I still haven't figured those out yet), and levels where you can play as alternate characters, which aren't so bad. In summation, you really gotta be aching for a new 3rd person shooter to buy this one. Expand
  8. Uter
    May 25, 2004
    This is a classic example of huge potential, but disappointing execution. The gameplay is too disjointed, and a little sloppy. The highlites include an awesome soundtrack, a perfect beginning story (The Outlaw Josey Wales), and a nice western theme everywhere. It's really a shame that more effort wasn't put into the gameplay. I'm going to be looking out for a sequel which This is a classic example of huge potential, but disappointing execution. The gameplay is too disjointed, and a little sloppy. The highlites include an awesome soundtrack, a perfect beginning story (The Outlaw Josey Wales), and a nice western theme everywhere. It's really a shame that more effort wasn't put into the gameplay. I'm going to be looking out for a sequel which will hopefully fix the probs. Expand
  9. ManuelV.
    May 19, 2004
    Well well well it was time for a good game to come out that has a basis on the western times and this game has really good gameplay and a nice storyline.
  10. Rob0
    May 8, 2004
    If you grew up watching westerns, you will absolutley love this game. It's like smushing every spagetti western you've ever seen together, and then being able to play it. The sheer atmosphere and music alone will go a long way to forgiving a few of the gameplay elements that could have been tightended up. If The western theme doesn't do it for you i, might not recomend this If you grew up watching westerns, you will absolutley love this game. It's like smushing every spagetti western you've ever seen together, and then being able to play it. The sheer atmosphere and music alone will go a long way to forgiving a few of the gameplay elements that could have been tightended up. If The western theme doesn't do it for you i, might not recomend this game for you. If you are a western fan, buy or rent this at least and prepare to be transoprted into the spaghetti west :) Expand
  11. JohnM.
    May 8, 2004
    This game isn't as bad as the reviews. I would have preferred a more open-ended experience with more roaming. The graphics are better than was reviewed. Could have been better, but I think it is fun regardless.
  12. CHADC.
    May 8, 2004
    Awesome game! Great western vibe! Picture: Max Payne, GTA, and Dead to Rights but in a western enviroment. I like the idea of playing different characters, it gives the game a different feel. The only bummer part about this game is the fact that you can not go on the missions in co-op mode. If you could it would be a 10/10. A must buy! Awesome graphics, game play and story. Totally original!
  13. JordanR.
    May 7, 2004
    This game did not live up to my expectations. The graphict were not that great. It could have been alot better. If your looking for a good game along the same lines try Dead Man's Hand. I would not recommend Red Dead Revolver.
  14. ManWithNoName
    May 5, 2004
    It's about time a western shooter comes out, especially one that is fun and stays true to the genre. The story is simple but classic, the action is fast and gritty, and the multiplayer is addicting. Plus dueling rules, its unique and challenging. My only reason for giving it a nine instead of ten is that the graphics could have been a little sharper. For what they are though they do It's about time a western shooter comes out, especially one that is fun and stays true to the genre. The story is simple but classic, the action is fast and gritty, and the multiplayer is addicting. Plus dueling rules, its unique and challenging. My only reason for giving it a nine instead of ten is that the graphics could have been a little sharper. For what they are though they do the theme justice. Anyone looking for a good ol' time in the west, Clint "spagetti western" Eastwood style should pick this one up. Expand
  15. Rundmc
    May 5, 2004
    It's beautiful. highly playable. replayable. critics are tainted. it's a 10 from me. it's got a lot of heart. it's a masterpiece, even, i'd say. play it. yes, play it.
  16. MikeR.
    May 5, 2004
    The reviews done so far on this game are way off. This has to be the best western game ever in every department. Its got great graphics, gameplay, and a fun story. I'm not sure what the reviewers were looking for but maybe they need to look again. This is just a fun, solid, and great homage to spagetti western style game and i recommend it to anyone.

#21 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#11 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. Edge Magazine
    Gameplay purists may scowl, but Read Dead Revolver is a triumph for beautifully observed atmospherics, characterisation and slapstick set-pieces you cannot fail to enjoy. [June 2004, p.100]
  2. The lack of any real reason to play the game again once the final credits have rolled also manages to hamper the score. Red Dead Revolver is truly stellar fun whilst it lasts.
  3. AceGamez
    It's a very exciting and fun single player experience and great in multiplayer if you've got some buddies willing to play. If only they'd put it on Live…