Red Faction II Xbox

5.9

1. MAxM.
    Apr 24, 2003
    The Multiplayer mode was bad, but the singleplayer mode was truly awful. I was really looking forward to playing this game, but just found myself bored after a short while. The gameplay was uninteresting and controls, weapons, and environments left a lot to be desired.
  2. DusitnK.
    Nov 19, 2003
    This game blows worst buy of my life. RF1 kicks the crap out of the second one.
  3. KarlK.
    Jun 29, 2003
    I played the 1st red faction at a frends house useingn a ps2, it was really good. RF1 used geo-mode technology which allowed the player to alter the envirement . The Mutliplayre of RF1 was fantastic (my favert thing to do was to tunnel a good 100 feet into a wall). When I herd Red Faction 2 would be comming to Xbox I pre-orderded it 2 weeks in advanced. After I compleated the game and I played the 1st red faction at a frends house useingn a ps2, it was really good. RF1 used geo-mode technology which allowed the player to alter the envirement . The Mutliplayre of RF1 was fantastic (my favert thing to do was to tunnel a good 100 feet into a wall). When I herd Red Faction 2 would be comming to Xbox I pre-orderded it 2 weeks in advanced. After I compleated the game and played the mutliplayre, i broke the disk in two. This game had been the single most dissapointing game ive ever played. It contained none on the things I listed about in RF1. The Geo-mode technology was limited to a handfull of objects and a few walls. If you liked RF1, dont bother geting or even renting RF2. (Note: I gave this game a 1 just because I feel sory for it and the people who had to make it) Expand

1. Fans of the original will notice the drastically reduced "geo-mod" function—no more digging tunnels or indiscriminate destruction.
  2. With little here to massage the mind or engage the heart, Red Faction II becomes nothing more than a linear on-rails twitch-fest. [June-July 2003, p.92]
  3. A great game with surprisingly good controls for an FPS game that you play with a gamepad.