Mixed or average reviews- based on 30 Ratings
Jun 20, 2013Shadow the Hedgehog is a mess of a game, and I'm surprised why it hasn't gotten a reputation that '06 has.
- Slippery controls that areShadow the Hedgehog is a mess of a game, and I'm surprised why it hasn't gotten a reputation that '06 has.
- Slippery controls that are extremely hard to get used to
- A story that has multiple confusing paths that are completely forgotten in the end for the Last Story, making a selling point of the game completely negated
- Completely forgettable music, and that's sad for a Sonic game
- Okay graphics, with mostly dark colors
- Gun gameplay that doesn't really add anything
- Freezing issues when playing on a 360 (it freezes a LOT)
- Multiple annoying missions (unless you're going neutral)
- Replay value that's annoying and pointless to do (I'm looking at you, Cutscene Library!)
If the things I've said don't make a difference, play the game for yourself and see how bad it really is.… Full Review »
soundwaveDec 1, 2005What is this? This game suffers from a huge amount of gameplay issues. The levels are extreamly poorly designed, they deploy every annoying What is this? This game suffers from a huge amount of gameplay issues. The levels are extreamly poorly designed, they deploy every annoying aspect you could think of including the 'defeat x number of guys but you are now stuck in an area where you cant reach that amount' and 'OH MY GOD! Pits all over the freaking place!' mechanics. This makes the levels painful to play. The camera is probably the worse I have seen in a game in a long time. It never allows you to see enough of the enviroment to know whats going on and it tends to always behind something. The 'center camera' button does nothing but make it jerk around for a second or two. The guns are just weak. You cant aim your self, the game just seems to randomly pick targets for you to fire at. This is a great pain since the game attempts to play a good and evil idea. So you end up shooting everything in a sight ratjer then just the good or bad guys. This game was just a pain to play. It actually felt like I was being punished for playing it. Its a fustrating, slow, story disaster, poorly thought out, unfinished, pile of game poo. Stay away from this... far away.… Full Review »
Apr 14, 2015The game has some serious problems. However, it's nowhere near as bad as people say it is.
The game has quite a lot of stage. the stagesThe game has some serious problems. However, it's nowhere near as bad as people say it is.
The game has quite a lot of stage. the stages are also large and have many paths you can take. I also like the stages themes. They aren't very memorable but they're enjoyable.
The controls feel a little slippery, they're not that bad though.
In terms of combat, the general combat excluding guns feels better than SA2 to me. The gun/weapon system is really good and the weapons are surprisingly fun and easy to use.
It may just be for the fact I've not played many Original Xbox games, but the game looks really really good for the system. It runs at 480p/60 on Original Xbox and the game looks great.
The story isn't 100%. At least the cutscenes and dialogue are pretty average. SA2 and before's dialogue and cutscenes were really bad and cringe worthy… Full Review »