Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams Xbox

8.2

1. KevinM.
    Feb 17, 2002
    This was a good game, but the monster bashing took away from what could have been a good puzzle game, Silent Hill definitely wins in that respect, the puzzles were much better.
  2. AlexK.
    Jan 23, 2002
    The additional episode actually serves to degrade the value of the game's main story in my mind. By putting players in Maria's shoes, she becomes a sympathetic protagonist who exists on her own merits, which eliminates the interpretation that she is a part of James' personal experience in the town. Surprisingly I would recommend that PS2 version over this one. (P.S. The The additional episode actually serves to degrade the value of the game's main story in my mind. By putting players in Maria's shoes, she becomes a sympathetic protagonist who exists on her own merits, which eliminates the interpretation that she is a part of James' personal experience in the town. Surprisingly I would recommend that PS2 version over this one. (P.S. The central game is completely intact here and just as good as the PS2 version, which is really good.) Expand

#6 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2001
#3 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2001

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Everything – even the most innocuous thing in SH2 is scary. Want to read a note on the wall? It’s written in scratchy, scary letters. Even the doors are scary looking. [Jan 2002, p.92]
  2. In a game already so dark and visually menacing, the Xbox gives the phrase "jumping at your own shadow" a whole new shade of meaning.
  3. The people who will enjoy Restless Dreams the most are the ones who already own the game for PlayStation 2 (myself included). Gamers who never played SH2 before will not be able to appreciate all of the subtle differences, but they will be able to appreciate the graphics and the gameplay just as much as everyone else.