Sonic Heroes Xbox

7.6

1. Sep 30, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Team System In Sonic Heroes Is A Really Cool Idea And Is Also Inplemented Really Well Here. I Also Like The Difficulty System, Team Rose Is The Easy Mode, Team Sonic Is Normal, Team Dark Is Hard And Team Chaotix Is Mission Mode. Team Dark Sucks And The Levels Are Way The Long, Team Chaotix Have Some BS Missions But Are Over All Fine, Team Sonic Is Good But A Little Long Levels And Team Rose Is By Far The Best With Good Level Length And Stuff. And The Main Villian Being Metal Sonic Instead Of Eggman Is A Nice Change Of Pace. Expand
  2. Feb 2, 2017
    This version of Sonic Heroes bumps Sonic's Xbox debut to a bad start. I'm not saying this version is terrible, but at least it's worth a purchase for Xbox owners, but don't expect the great things that came with its original release. Its Xbox version could need a little more makeover from the GameCube version.
  3. Jan 10, 2016
    An amazing game. I do think that the Xbox version of this game is the second best port (after the gamecube version.) But anyway, this game gave me memories of the older Sonic games, when they used to be awesome. I do find the combat a bit slippery and the controls in general a bit jittery, but everything else is just simple amazing. great gameplay, graphics, story, and OST to go with. LoveAn amazing game. I do think that the Xbox version of this game is the second best port (after the gamecube version.) But anyway, this game gave me memories of the older Sonic games, when they used to be awesome. I do find the combat a bit slippery and the controls in general a bit jittery, but everything else is just simple amazing. great gameplay, graphics, story, and OST to go with. Love it so much! ^^ Expand
  4. Nov 16, 2014
    Sonic Heroes was the first Sonic game that got in my childhood, so it gives my nostalgia.
    Gameplay: 8/10
    The gameplay is so gimmicky, yet so inspired. Playing 3 characters at once, and total control of switching characters? Doesn't that sound like fun? Graphics: 7/10 The graphics are defiantly an improvement over Sonic Adventure, which had a glitch where characters's mouths would still
    Gameplay: 8/10
    Graphics: 7/10
    The graphics are defiantly an improvement over Sonic Adventure, which had a glitch where characters's mouths would still be moving after finishing a sentence
    Heartwarmth: 11/10
    Not only is it nostalgic, it also gives out a heartwarming message about teamwork and trust
    Train wreaking: 5/10
    I mean like slippery stuff. Especially Omega and Vector's combat, and Hang Castle made me want to throw up due to it turning upside down.
    Overall, it's a very good game with a heartwarming message about teamwork
  5. Nov 15, 2014
    At heart a brilliant game, with a usually solid difficulty curve. Replaying the game 4 times never really bothered me, as with all the hidden extras in levels, there is a lot of replay value, and only two of the team story lines are actually identical, Team Rose being a shorter tutorial version (a great idea imo) and Chaotix a thoroughly enjoyable revamp of the standard story. Personally IAt heart a brilliant game, with a usually solid difficulty curve. Replaying the game 4 times never really bothered me, as with all the hidden extras in levels, there is a lot of replay value, and only two of the team story lines are actually identical, Team Rose being a shorter tutorial version (a great idea imo) and Chaotix a thoroughly enjoyable revamp of the standard story. Personally I didn't see the issue with replaying the story as it was a lot of fun. Sadly, occasional glitches and flaws in level design do cast a shadow on the experience, and frequently ruined the game for me, but are worth putting up with nonetheless. Expand
  6. Oct 24, 2014
    I don't get why some people hate this game, I think it's pretty good. Then again I am saying this as a guy who spent hours and hours of his time as a young kid playing this game, over and over again.
    7/10 For Nostalgia
  7. Jul 28, 2014
    I first played this game on my Xbox original last night and I must say, It's all a bit "meh". Controlls are fantastic, and one of the best control schemes for a 3D sonic. But this is where the few bad things that ruin the experience come in. You save up something like a hundred gold rings for a team blast, and when you press the white button to activate it, you just get some really trippyI first played this game on my Xbox original last night and I must say, It's all a bit "meh". Controlls are fantastic, and one of the best control schemes for a 3D sonic. But this is where the few bad things that ruin the experience come in. You save up something like a hundred gold rings for a team blast, and when you press the white button to activate it, you just get some really trippy animation and a few rings. So pointless are the best two words to describe that function, and the whole game is just one big beginner's death trap. Is there any explanation for these frustrating as hell platforming sections whatsoever except for one of your team mates saying which character would be best for the job? No. These few things just ruin the whole gaming experience for me. Not bad, but certainly not great. Expand
  8. Feb 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. From what I can remember, this was the first 3D Sonic game I ever played & I loved the hell out of it on PS2, but then the disc got incredibly scratched, 8 years on I rebought Sonic Heroes for the Xbox, & it brought back so many great memories, just how much I loved Seaside hill, & Bullet station, but how I disliked Bingo Highway & Hang castle, but none of these levels make want to not make the game.
    I love the three-person gameplay style, however it can be problematic in the Casino levels, the music's great, but not on the level of Sonic Adventure 2, & the graphics are fantastic, the story's fine, not as deep or dark as the Adventure series plots, & the cutscenes look a lot better, however I do have problems with camera at times as it can be unhelpful, the ground combat of Knuckles & Omega can be very slippery, leading to some very cheap deaths, the Special stages are absolutely terrible, on the verge of uncontrollable, & the voice acting is some of the worst in the series, especially for that of Tails & Big, but overall I've always had a great time with this game, & that will never change, ever.
  9. Rem
    Jul 12, 2013
    Sonic Heroes, while not the true comeback that Sonic was looking for, is still fun and clever to play. The challenge can scale enormously at later stages, which I find to be more frustrating rather than entertaining. The 4 different campaigns are similar throughout but what caught me most was the dynamic use of the team members for completion. Sure the system screws up from time to time,Sonic Heroes, while not the true comeback that Sonic was looking for, is still fun and clever to play. The challenge can scale enormously at later stages, which I find to be more frustrating rather than entertaining. The 4 different campaigns are similar throughout but what caught me most was the dynamic use of the team members for completion. Sure the system screws up from time to time, but it clicks when you use all members to the full potential. The multiplayer is nothing special, but going back and replaying the game was worth it and even going for that grade S rating at the end of each stage. This might not be Sonic at his best, but its one of the better ones this generation. Collapse
  10. Jul 30, 2012
    This is a great game.Many different levels and special levels.Pleasantly play for each team.Cool music.Just nostalgia.I a great many more, you can write about this wonderful game.It gets me to the highest assessment.I suggest playing all holders ps2.It created for the game ps 2.
  11. Feb 19, 2011
    This game starts off fun but then when you actually start getting into it you realize it's a boring, repetitive, frustrating mess, you'll revisit the same levels over and over again, and do the exact same things on it, and you'll hear the exact same music over and over again, and the gameplay isn't that fun, if your a Sonic fan you may like this one, but it's not one I would really recommend.
  12. AndrewP.
    Dec 15, 2006
    This game's horrrible. The demo gave me a false impression and I played the real thing and it got boring after a couple levels. I'm glad I didn't buy it for PC now, even if it was only five dollars, truly not worth it.
  13. BobD.
    Mar 14, 2004
    Very enjoyable game, found few faults to it and the range of levels can keep you entertained for a while. one fault i found, which i got used to is switching characters, other than that, great! well done team sonic!
  14. Uter
    Feb 6, 2004
    I'm surprised they didn't put more effort into a sonic game. the gameplay is a little tedious, and boring. the camera is bad, if you ever want to backtrack (which will be often). i strongly dislike controlling 3 players at once - it's a dumb gimmick. the speed is well done at times though. it feels like old time sonic in some ways. overall i was disappointed.
  15. Rem
    Jul 12, 2013

#35 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#19 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. Weekly Famitsu
    8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 32 gold [Vol 786]
  2. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Looks spectacular, with dazzling day-glo colors, ultrasmooth movement, and trippy effects. Every stage explodes with breakneck speed, insane loops, absurd corkscrews, and other gravity-defying razmatazz. [Mar 2004, p.82]
  3. The camera is crap, the scale is awkward, the story and characters are basic and cringe-worthy, the combat is tedious, the platforming and puzzling is too basic, and I was well bored of it by the time I conquered the final level with the first of the four Teams, which wasn't even that long after I first grabbed it out of the shrink-wrap.