8.9

1. Mar 5, 2014
    This is without a doubt one of my most favorite video games I have ever played! The game is challenging, adventurous, and pretty long, all of which I like. Now many people might think it's a kid game because it is a spongebob game, but let me tell you, this is truly a game for all ages. In terms of pure enjoyment, this may be my #1 spot.
  2. JohnK.
    Jan 13, 2004
    This is truly a fun game, no matter your age! Don't let the mixed reviews fool you-- this game is good. If you liked games like Mario Brothers, Sonic the Hedgehog, etc...(back in the day of course), then you will enjoy this game. Lots of fun colorful environments to explore, and it won't drive you crazy trying to figure everything out. Don't get me wrong, the game is plenty This is truly a fun game, no matter your age! Don't let the mixed reviews fool you-- this game is good. If you liked games like Mario Brothers, Sonic the Hedgehog, etc...(back in the day of course), then you will enjoy this game. Lots of fun colorful environments to explore, and it won't drive you crazy trying to figure everything out. Don't get me wrong, the game is plenty challenging, but you can usually figure out what you need to do relatively quicky. In any event, I highly recommend this game! Great for kids and adults alike, especially if you enjoy the cartoon's humor (which you will see throughout the game)! Expand
  3. NickG.
    Jan 2, 2004
    This game is fun, and challenging, but at times, too challenging.
  4. KeeganM.
    Aug 11, 2006
    This game is exellent especially for people who like challenging games!
  5. CaseyB.
    Nov 30, 2003
    I felt that this game was quite enjoyable and It is like playing in the cartoon series. Only problem was that there was not much interaction with other characters. Good game to buy.
  6. MattS.
    Dec 26, 2003
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Dec 13, 2015
    WOW. Ligetimetly, just wow. First and foremost, this is a extreme blast to the past for me from my childhood, but all nostalgia aside, this is still a realy good game! Even if you don't like SpongeBob, or if you've never even watched it, it's still and extremely good platformer. The gameplay and controls are solid, the soundtrack is fitting to each level and catchy as all heck, andWOW. Ligetimetly, just wow. First and foremost, this is a extreme blast to the past for me from my childhood, but all nostalgia aside, this is still a realy good game! Even if you don't like SpongeBob, or if you've never even watched it, it's still and extremely good platformer. The gameplay and controls are solid, the soundtrack is fitting to each level and catchy as all heck, and contains many references to the show. I highly recomend this game to anyone and everyone, SpongeBob fan or not. Expand
  8. Feb 2, 2017
    It's the SpongeBob SquarePants equivalent to big-time favorable games like Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie and feels like you're watching a combined total of five episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants from its pre-movie era. Give this game a chance and you'll love it right away.
  9. Jul 20, 2016
    Battle for Bikini Bottom was my favourite game growing up. It is undeniably awesome. It has great gameplay, a decent story, an interesting and explorable world, lots to do, cool enemies and bosses, and so much more. One of the few games I have beat 100%. It took me forever but I finally got all 100 golden spatulas!
  10. Mar 10, 2017
    I bought this game for rule 34 but instead i learned how to spongeglide past kids in goo lagoon and do the entirety of kelp forest backwards thank shift 10/10
  11. Mar 10, 2017
    Hey how ya doin', let me tell you about this game. Truly a masterpiece. Took me quite a while to get the hang of cruise boosting, but once I got it down I was completely enthralled. The first time I actually did it I was all like Whoa, I'm quick. Nothing gives me quite the rush like hitting a perfect oil skip in the beginning of Dream, or flawlessly executing the hammer skip on my firstHey how ya doin', let me tell you about this game. Truly a masterpiece. Took me quite a while to get the hang of cruise boosting, but once I got it down I was completely enthralled. The first time I actually did it I was all like Whoa, I'm quick. Nothing gives me quite the rush like hitting a perfect oil skip in the beginning of Dream, or flawlessly executing the hammer skip on my first try. Don't even get me started on the reverse cruise boost. This game is truly a work of art, 10/10 would skip the final boss again. Expand
  12. Mar 10, 2017
    Only thought of ending it all twice during this game! Quality game! If you have an sponge addiction, and need some quality spongebox action, this is the game for you!

#54 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003
#34 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2003

1. GMR Magazine
    Like Bob himself, this game holds its water and is, in fact, remarkably fun. [Jan 2004, p.86]
  2. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Heavy Iron may not have been especially creative here, but at least it's stealing from the right places. [Dec/Jan 2004, p.100]
  3. Official Xbox Magazine
    The facts remain: it's nicely crafted, fittingly visualized, and undeniably entertaining at times. [Jan 2004, p.74]