SSX 3 Xbox

8.6

1. MatthieuR.
    Oct 24, 2003
    This game rocks! I love the customization aspect, as well as the wide assortment of unlockable features/characters. I love Elise, too!
  2. Uter
    Feb 5, 2004
    SSX 3 is better than Halo, KOTOR, and Splinter Cell. SSX Tricky was great, but they made some major improvements here.
  3. PaulB.
    Jun 15, 2004
    Wow!!! Totally blow away...I loved SSX Tricky, but this is 10 times better. Amazing!!!
  4. IanC.
    Dec 9, 2003
    Now this is what it's all about. Anyone my age (older) remember the glory days when you hadn't seen it all yet, and there were still games which could truly blow your mind and hook your thoughts and attention literally for hours at a single stretch? Well my friends, SSX3 is the ONLY game I can honestly say has had that effect on me in the last five, six, maybe even seven years. Now this is what it's all about. Anyone my age (older) remember the glory days when you hadn't seen it all yet, and there were still games which could truly blow your mind and hook your thoughts and attention literally for hours at a single stretch? Well my friends, SSX3 is the ONLY game I can honestly say has had that effect on me in the last five, six, maybe even seven years. I absolutely, utterley adore this game, and feel like calling EA to send them my love and gratitude for renewing my faith. This is nothing short of perfection - beatufil beyond words, grand of scale and playable beyond description. Colour, speed, adrenaline, fun, fun, fun and fun. The best way I can try and get across how utterley gorgeous this thing is to play is to describe the Peak race experience. First imagine a snowboard game that has beautiful graphics, with snow you can almost feel. Second imagine that the experience of controlling your rider is as smooth as silk and just as pleasurable to the touch. Third and finally, think of a mountain in your XBOX, a mountain with slopes and drops and rocks and cliffs and crags and forests and little houses and avalanches and and and...a mountain that you can almost snowboard down along any route you choose to.. a mountain with HUGE drops that will have your heart in your mouth (I defy ANYONE not to let a 'whooooaaah!' slip out when you take that fall) ... a mountain that will take you 30 minutes (!!!!!!!!!!) to descend, from peak to foot!! 30 minutes of non-stop, glorious gaming!! Damn, I'm getting excited just THINKING about it. Look, just stop reading this and go and BUY IT, BUY IT, BUY IT. NOW! Expand
  5. JimBilly
    Aug 16, 2004
    Mark up another 10 for me. Wasn't a big fan of SSX Tricky, so was sceptical of picking up this one, but I'm definitely glad I did. So many challenges to complete, beautiful graphics and engrossing gameplay and story. Loving it so far.
  6. StevenG.
    Oct 22, 2003
    I loved SSX Tricky and this game just blows it away.... AWESOME throughout the game. The mountain is HUGE and I just love the way you can add Bat Wings to Zoe and ride down the mountain. Well done EA.... awesome work !!
  7. SimonB.
    Feb 23, 2004
    This game is impresive the game gives such a sense of speed and scale. The graphics are astonding this is what games ahould be about 100% pure fun!!! Well done EA.
  8. AndreB.
    May 13, 2004
    Best snowboarding game ever. The levels are great. The music is great. The graphics are great. The gameplay is great. Everything is great about this game.
  9. JasonDesF.
    Jan 18, 2005
    Yes its a great masterpiece of a game. So much enjoyment, so much depth.
  10. TonyT.
    Jul 4, 2006
    An amazing and addictive game.
  11. BrianB.
    Mar 16, 2004
    Wow out of all the snowboarding games, this is the best!!! Better than Amped and the previous SSX!
  12. Spongeee
    May 21, 2006
    Doesnt get better than this! Music is great, sound design is crazy, graphics are mind blowing, and the game plays like gem. I love you SSX3!
    Dec 21, 2004
    Just Amazing.
  14. Dec 9, 2014
    The nostalgia level is too high. I loved this game as a child and this review makes me want to play it again. One of the best sports games of the XBOX generation.

#42 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    A smooth framerate, flawless camera, and spot-on control makes the experience nothing short of sublime, and the game a near-perfect mix of exacting artistry and technical wizardry - not unlike snowboarding itself. [Dec/Jan 2004, p.91]
  2. Whether it's speed or stunts, manic or mellow, big air or backcountry, SSX 3 does it all, and it does it all with style.
  3. It's just so massively detailed, so thoroughly improved and so gloriously playable that we have to recommend it. We haven't even touched on the multiplayer aspect, which we'll be doing in our PS2 Online review very soon, but to be honest it wouldn't have to be good - the rest of the game is enough on its own.