SSX On Tour Xbox

8.1

1. Jessica
    Oct 13, 2005
    This games f**king rocks! all the new tracks, all the new tricks...great. monster tricks are even easier too!
  2. BlueFalcon
    Nov 9, 2005
    This one didn't get me as excited as any of the other ssx games, but it's definately quality stuff. I don't much like having to create a generic character and use him all the time though. The characters were a bit of a highlite in previous games, especially in ssx tricky. The actual slopes are probably the most refined they've ever been. Now there's more useable This one didn't get me as excited as any of the other ssx games, but it's definately quality stuff. I don't much like having to create a generic character and use him all the time though. The characters were a bit of a highlite in previous games, especially in ssx tricky. The actual slopes are probably the most refined they've ever been. Now there's more useable shortcuts and paths. The new design and asthetic is neat, although for some reason there's an ugly autosave warning at the start of the game that you have to press through every time. It's a great game, but I wouldn't nexessarily recommend it over any of the other ssxs. Expand
  3. May 10, 2017
    A disappointing follow-up to already a perfect game which came before it.

A disappointing follow-up to already a perfect game which came before it.

The graphics are good but not as great as SSX 3 in terms of environment and weather effects. The soundtrack is the weakest of the series. I do like some songs from the game's soundtrack such as "Banquet", "Run To The Hills" and "Apply Some Pressure" but it's not as amazing as SSX's 3 soundtrack. The sound effects aren't as awesome sounding as SSX 3 either. The controls are good. The gameplay is decent and more diverse than SSX3 but doesn't have the wow factor and pizzazz that SSX3 gave us. I did like the multiple championship events and the ranking system however.

I will give credit for the BIG improvement on customization. It does have a lot of replay value in terms of unlocking classic and new characters in the game, areas, clothes and pictures from performing stunts.

It's good but didn't live up to the hype. I would try it out.

#93 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005

1. Although the new rock and roll theme is fantastic, there isn't really anything else that is new from the previous games.
  2. SSX: On Tour does a great job with the Tour Mode and Monster Tricks system, but it just comes down to not enough being offered.
    It would have been nice if staying on a slippery metal pole without falling off was rewarded via points like in the Tony Hawk games but I guess you can't have everything. Enjoy the delights of this delicious winter warmer now.