Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy Xbox

8.7

1. Bob
    Dec 2, 2003
    This game is awesome! I have Jedi Outcast 2 and this is at a whole new level! This is by far the best starwars game that I have ever played. This game has non-stop action. The feature that lets you custmise about everything about your character is AWESOME!! (Everyone who is a real star wars fan should agree with me!)
  2. PascalO.
    Oct 2, 2003
    Best ever Jedi game...! Improved moves and graphics Everything we want from a Jedi game is in!
  3. MarkusD.
    Sep 7, 2003
    Simply Awesome.
  4. ScottG.
    Feb 21, 2004
    The Lightsaber action in this game is awesome. Combined with a great multiplayer mode, I would recommend this game to anyone. However there needs to be improvements in the boring story line and poor graphics.
  5. MatthewF.
    Nov 8, 2003
    This game really gets the star wars feel as you can decide your journey of either the good or the bad side.
  6. JR
    Feb 21, 2007
    I...LOVE...THIS...GAME! As a lifelong Star Wars fan and a recent Xbox purchaser, I've tried to get my hands on everything single game related to Star Wars. This is by far the best of all that I have played (Episode III, Battlefront I & II). The game is a little buggy at times, but the action-packed play and your ability to save from absolutely any point in the game mack up for it. I I...LOVE...THIS...GAME! As a lifelong Star Wars fan and a recent Xbox purchaser, I've tried to get my hands on everything single game related to Star Wars. This is by far the best of all that I have played (Episode III, Battlefront I & II). The game is a little buggy at times, but the action-packed play and your ability to save from absolutely any point in the game mack up for it. I love that you can create your own character and when the time is right, decide whether you want to follow the Light of Dark Side of the Force. Just awesome game. Wish they would come out with Episode IV, V & VI in this way. If you can find it on eBay, get it. Expand
  7. CamR.
    Nov 19, 2003
    Thoroughly enjoyable. I've read several reviews panning the graphic and, while they are not up to current Xbox standards, they are definately not poor. Gameplay is a little tricky at first (only the lightsaber moves really), but you get the hang of it pretty quickly. The story (so far as I have played) seems to be a little weak and somewhat slow, but definately entertaining enough to Thoroughly enjoyable. I've read several reviews panning the graphic and, while they are not up to current Xbox standards, they are definately not poor. Gameplay is a little tricky at first (only the lightsaber moves really), but you get the hang of it pretty quickly. The story (so far as I have played) seems to be a little weak and somewhat slow, but definately entertaining enough to keep you in for the ride. Worth my money in every way so far; something I cannot say about the most recent crop of games to come out. Expand
  8. WillH.
    Nov 19, 2003
    I have been waiting for weeks for this game to come out on XBOX. My wait is over and I must say, this game is Cherry. From the force powers to saber dueling, this game is a must for all Star Wars fans!!
  9. StephenP.
    Dec 2, 2003
    The controls are tighter than outcast, and the lightsaber combat is accentuated a great deal and is a lot of fun. The storyline is not as tightly coupled as JK II, but it is still a must buy for any star wars fan, and a great game for anyone else.
  10. MattO.
    Jan 15, 2004
    Great updates from JKII, and controls aren't as bulky as what most complain about - fight through about two duels and you'll get the hang of it. People just complain because they're so babyfed with the free movement of the mouse, all they do is complain about console FPSs. Jedi Academy is a great game, multiplayer AND single.
  11. MattZ.
    Jan 26, 2004
    The online play is as fun as it gets. Once you really learn how to swing your lightsaber with alot of force the game get very addicting and very fun.
  12. ChrisP.
    Oct 27, 2006
    This is a great game. I personally think that the graphics ain't that bad but could be improved. The epic battles are also amazing and the best thing about it is if you like epic light-sabre battles well play this game because you almost have a light-sabre fight nearly every level!
  13. EthanS.
    Nov 14, 2003
    I haven't played this game yet but it looks like a great game it is coming out for xbox in like four days i cant wait.
  14. R.P.
    Nov 25, 2003
    This game is way better then the reviewers are saying. The graphics are not overwhelmingly "xbox" but the slight saber stuff steals the show. When you play FFA in xbox live the game has a cinematic feel to it. Awesome.
  15. ZackW.
    Dec 17, 2003
    Must buy this game. Better than JKII. Lightsaber move best ever. Buy this game if a Star Wars fan!
  16. Nov 26, 2010
    This game was very very fun. I find it funny user reviews are far far higher than critic:D This game has many missions available which all were very enjoyable and it lets you make game changing decisions which makes the experience all in all more memorable. The customization is probably my favorite part of the game you can customize your jedi however you like. While it's no Knights ofThis game was very very fun. I find it funny user reviews are far far higher than critic:D This game has many missions available which all were very enjoyable and it lets you make game changing decisions which makes the experience all in all more memorable. The customization is probably my favorite part of the game you can customize your jedi however you like. While it's no Knights of the Old Republic this game game is extremely enjoyable that any true Star Wars fan should have. Expand
  17. Feb 14, 2013
    What a fun this game was. I played this game for hours and hours on end without getting bored. I think the game is not as difficult and not as challenging as Jedi Outcast, but still manages to be a great game. You can create your own characters, choose the color of your lightsaber, and many more. The gameplay is extremely fun. When you start your story, there are many different missionsWhat a fun this game was. I played this game for hours and hours on end without getting bored. I think the game is not as difficult and not as challenging as Jedi Outcast, but still manages to be a great game. You can create your own characters, choose the color of your lightsaber, and many more. The gameplay is extremely fun. When you start your story, there are many different missions you can choose from and doesn't have to be in order. You face some old Star Wars enemies like the stormtroopers, and the dreaded ATAT walkers. Then you go up against some new Reborn Sith with some new abilities. Probably the major improvement in the game is you get your lightsaber at the start of the game and you can choose what force powers you want first and can upgrade. If you get mostly Jedi force powers like the Mind Trick, Jedi shielding of some sort, etc Luke Skywalker, or Kyle Katarn will be happy that you learn the ways of the Jedi. However, if you get mostly Sith powers like, Grip, Lightning, Drain, etc Luke or Kyle will scold you for getting mostly Sith powers and you are luring more towards the dark side. Its tough choosing what powers you want because if your a person like me who want to fight Sith and go on the attack, you want the darker force powers, however you need some good force powers to keep your character on the light side of the force. Its a conflict between good and evil and its done exceptionally well. The final boss will bring back some old memories of Jedi Outcast and will be a thrill to finish the game. If there is some place that sells this game, I highly recommend you buy this game. Expand
  18. Apr 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is an awesome game, I played it for hours, and hours, and hours, and I still believing that it is awesome, i recommend it to everyone who's watching this. Expand

#31 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003
#24 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2003

1. I get the feeling that Raven Software rested a bit too much on their laurels instead of giving gamers a refreshing new Jedi Knight experience.
  2. We're even less inclined to accept the messy control system, the often dreadful AI, the questionable animation, the less than stellar visuals, the fact that following the dark side makes no real difference to the game, and the overall feeling that it's just not that exciting.
  3. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Academy isn't so much a first-person shooter (although there are nifty rayguns) as it is a third-person lightsaber hack-em-up, and the laser sword combat here is about as graceful as that tubby Star Wars kid (Google hime for a preview). [Mar 2004, p.98]