9.3

1. MarkR.
    Mar 16, 2004
    Now don't get me wrong- I am an Xbox fan, and I don't hate Star Wars- I do, on the other hand, greatly dislike rubbish Star Wars games- hence the rating of '4' that I have nominated. The graphics are distictly average, the pace of the game, mediocre, and the plot tiresome. Granted, I haven't completed the game- its length and tediousness preventing me from doing Now don't get me wrong- I am an Xbox fan, and I don't hate Star Wars- I do, on the other hand, greatly dislike rubbish Star Wars games- hence the rating of '4' that I have nominated. The graphics are distictly average, the pace of the game, mediocre, and the plot tiresome. Granted, I haven't completed the game- its length and tediousness preventing me from doing so. It is odd that this has recieved 'rave reviews' from many websites that I normally would trust unflinchingly- perhaps it was some Jedi mind trick? In conclusion, this game is as its combat system: uninspiring, dissapointingly weak- need I say more? Expand
  2. DavidS.
    Jul 15, 2003
    This game blew big time mostly because of the big hype that is leading up to its release and the lack of gameplay that the actual game delivers.
  3. JoseC.
    Jul 17, 2003
    Wow what a dissappointment. Just another bad Star Wars game.
  4. Sep 17, 2014
    I found the game boring at times. I've played three of the stories and found them pretty boring. The game play is basic no new foundation. Animation is stale and unoriginal,found some to be rigged. Enemies have bad AIs, they don't adapt to you they just basic and spam their spells when cool down is off. I had a lot of hope for this game but comparing it to the finished product its small inI found the game boring at times. I've played three of the stories and found them pretty boring. The game play is basic no new foundation. Animation is stale and unoriginal,found some to be rigged. Enemies have bad AIs, they don't adapt to you they just basic and spam their spells when cool down is off. I had a lot of hope for this game but comparing it to the finished product its small in comparison to other mmos out there. Like WOW,Global Agenda, and rift. Expand

1. The battle system rocks. Not quite real-time, not quite turn-based, but somewhere in-between, KOTOR's battle engine offers tremendous depth while being intimately adjustable. [Sept 2003, p.78]
    It's a luminous use of an indelible vehicle, and it deserves to be held aloft; suitably accorded the very best nomenclature in Gamestyle's vocabulary. A Ten, then.
  3. It isn't one thing that makes Knights of the Old Republic such a masterful RPG, but a remarkable amalgamation of brilliant gameplay elements, jaw-dropping presentation and a huge helping of that special Star Wars magic.