Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Xbox

9.2

1. AchemendonB.
    Jul 26, 2006
    The story line was crap. people who say it rocks need to figure out the problem. And the missions were repetive. The graphics are ALRIGHT. And the lightsaber combat was'nt that good!!. capture the flag,holocon FFA ect are waayy to easy i would just stand their and kill whoever went by!. The combat is lame and there is no use of strategy what so ever. dissapointment. another starwars game.
  2. RickB.
    Jan 7, 2005
    This might have (there i say it) been the best game to ever come out on any station. For all those who have played this or knows a lot about the game will know what i'm taking about. Imagine the combat of Devil May Cry with this story and graphics, or Metal Gear, What i'm really trying to say is that, every aspect of this game is flawless, could not have been better, but do i This might have (there i say it) been the best game to ever come out on any station. For all those who have played this or knows a lot about the game will know what i'm taking about. Imagine the combat of Devil May Cry with this story and graphics, or Metal Gear, What i'm really trying to say is that, every aspect of this game is flawless, could not have been better, but do i really wanna watch 4 people(jedi,droids etc..) just slash and shoot at each other based on what your rank is. I mean Final Fantasy X had the best, best combat system for an RPG. But this game is like push a button see what happens(not including force powers). If the creaters would have let you really use a lightsabar or gun with real style and combat, it would have pulled you in more to the beautiful would of Star Wars. But instead its like watching the last 2 movies that Lucas did, you don't really care whats going on(Combat wise i mean) other than the story and the choices you make. Am i crazy for giving this game a 6,no, you know why? cuz its gameplay, and that at the end of the day is the most important aspect of a game. I just wish and hope that a Stars Wars game can come out with a character that has style/combat/movement like Dante(devil may cry) only with a Lightsaber in his hand. Expand
  3. MonsterMe!
    Aug 10, 2003
    If it wasn't for the fact that it is star wars, i would not have picked this up (a fact of life: star wars fans will buy anything star wars). the main problem: graphically it sucks big time. choppy animations and slow frame rate on some particularly basic outer environments. and way too linear. environments are also basically closed to you. you should be able to go anywhere and doIf it wasn't for the fact that it is star wars, i would not have picked this up (a fact of life: star wars fans will buy anything star wars). the main problem: graphically it sucks big time. choppy animations and slow frame rate on some particularly basic outer environments. and way too linear. environments are also basically closed to you. you should be able to go anywhere and do anything. you can't. the responses you are able to give don't have much intuitive variation that would make for a richer environment. not deep at all as an overall experience. and the predictability as a player: oh, gee look, they made your droid blow up after haggling over it just like in the movie. how dull and unimaginitive. i can't wait till i get to the part where my character is called farm boy and he loudly exclaims "what's that flashing!" while hanging out in a cockpit. i am assuming it will get worse so i will just have to sucker an even more die hard fan to buy it off of me. Collapse
  4. MDo
    Feb 1, 2007
    Gasp, as you funny walk around the dull levels. Laugh, as your character wriggles his eyebrows like Roger Moore after too many Martinis. Cry out in disbelief, as you miss the Sith bloke with your gun (even though he's stood right next to you). Finally, weep, as you realize the returns policy has expired.
  5. John
    Aug 8, 2003
    Game looks great! It looks deep. Too bad it is virtualy unplayable on my XBox. This game locks up my XBox and when it does play the CD-ROM does excessive reading. Before you ask; My game is brand new. I keep my games and XBox in imaculate condition and have no children, meaning there are no sticky fingers to factor into the equation :)
  6. KelR.
    Aug 13, 2003
    I don't understand why this game go such good reviews. Perhaps I didn't play it enough, or perhaps, I've just been playing too many GOOD games on the PC, but I found this game boring and unrealistic, I couldn't get involved with it at all.
  7. RyanH.
    Sep 25, 2003
    I was somewhat disappointed by this game. First, there is no great challenge. Any characters who "die" in combat are miraculously resurrected after each fight. A simple push of a button from the PAUSE menu returns you to base to completely replenish health, then a second push of the same button returns you back to the combat screen. Second, the amount of interaction between your character I was somewhat disappointed by this game. First, there is no great challenge. Any characters who "die" in combat are miraculously resurrected after each fight. A simple push of a button from the PAUSE menu returns you to base to completely replenish health, then a second push of the same button returns you back to the combat screen. Second, the amount of interaction between your character and others is greatly overrated by other reviewers. Most characters are clones who say nothing pertinent and do not interact realistically. Third, combat is terrible. There is no use of strategy, no chance of your gunners to get behind cover or take any precautions against charging monsters--which I may add--are not incredibly diverse, as you fight clones upon clones of similar enemies. All in all, this is not a flagship game for the XBOX console. It is being overblown by the George Lucas hype machine. It is nothing but mediocre. Expand
  8. ZachB.
    Nov 8, 2005
    The game was good don't get me wrong but, it was too easy.

#1 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003
#1 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2003

1. GMR Magazine
    The battle system rocks. Not quite real-time, not quite turn-based, but somewhere in-between, KOTOR's battle engine offers tremendous depth while being intimately adjustable. [Sept 2003, p.78]
    It's a luminous use of an indelible vehicle, and it deserves to be held aloft; suitably accorded the very best nomenclature in Gamestyle's vocabulary. A Ten, then.
  3. It isn't one thing that makes Knights of the Old Republic such a masterful RPG, but a remarkable amalgamation of brilliant gameplay elements, jaw-dropping presentation and a huge helping of that special Star Wars magic.