Steel Battalion Xbox

• Release Date: Nov 21, 2002
8.5

1. MechMan
    Jan 23, 2004
    This game is great!!! a bit pricey, but kinda worth it ... i have to disagree with "lord fudgington" on the best thing since sliced bread .. since when was sliced bread the best thing????? what ever happened to the wheel ??? anyway fudgyman go back to eating your sliced bread, i will play steel battalion!!!! like a real man!!! !
  2. EricT.
    Jan 10, 2003
    Steel Battalion is the best simulator (for fictional vehicles or not) I have ever played. The audio/visual experience is nearly flawless (short draw distance my only complaint), and the gameplay is intense, totally immersive, addictive, and brutally hard (which I like). And it's definitely the coolest, most unique game you will ever own. I give it two thumbs up. :)
  3. BrandonB.
    Mar 28, 2003
    The coolest mech game ever. I bought it and its well worth the money. Dolby surround sound and a big screen tv is a must! Contrary to popular belief, the controls are actually very easy to learn, and it only took me about 20 min. to become really quick with the controls, not having to look down at the controller every time i wanted to do something. Realism is great as you can tip the mech The coolest mech game ever. I bought it and its well worth the money. Dolby surround sound and a big screen tv is a must! Contrary to popular belief, the controls are actually very easy to learn, and it only took me about 20 min. to become really quick with the controls, not having to look down at the controller every time i wanted to do something. Realism is great as you can tip the mech over at high speeds and sharp turns. Tipping the Mech and engaging in battle may get the window dirty so they come standard with winshield washers too ;) Expand
  4. OmidM.
    Dec 21, 2002
    This should be an incredible game, i heard it was. But right now i don't have the means to buy one, but im thinking over that and a ps2.
  5. JonathanD.
    Jan 8, 2003
    I have not actually played Steel Battalion (ain't got the cash), but I was wondering if there was any way I could rent it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  6. Lordfudgington
    Jul 26, 2003
    I love this game its the best thing since sliced bread.
  7. ArnoldK.
    Nov 24, 2002
    The graphics, sound, controller, and interface are perfect. The only flaw with this game is the AI. Squadmates seem braindead, and the enemy is difficult but predictable. Otherwise this would be a perfect 10.
  8. MarkR.
    Mar 27, 2004
    This is a fantastic simulation- despite the fantasy/ sci-fi/ futuristiky premise. The graphics are perfectly suited to the game, and the grainy, video-feed style adds to the incredible immersion that the game offers. This is a rewarding title, that gets better as the user's skills progress. I would thoroughly reccomend this game to fans of *proper* mech sims- not for the Phantom This is a fantastic simulation- despite the fantasy/ sci-fi/ futuristiky premise. The graphics are perfectly suited to the game, and the grainy, video-feed style adds to the incredible immersion that the game offers. This is a rewarding title, that gets better as the user's skills progress. I would thoroughly reccomend this game to fans of *proper* mech sims- not for the Phantom Crash die hards- the pace is deliberately cumbersome. In a word, awesome. Expand
  9. Sep 17, 2011
    I bought Xbox only for Steel Battalion and the sequel online version. I admit that the game design is maniac with its fps-style pilot seat with the outstanding gun turret aiming and driving system. Although the bulky huge controller looks so stupid, I have never had that feeling of depth being a robotic pilot. It is a futuristic humanoid simulator in favor of middle and close combatI bought Xbox only for Steel Battalion and the sequel online version. I admit that the game design is maniac with its fps-style pilot seat with the outstanding gun turret aiming and driving system. Although the bulky huge controller looks so stupid, I have never had that feeling of depth being a robotic pilot. It is a futuristic humanoid simulator in favor of middle and close combat tactics. Tekki (Steel Battalion) is almost 10 years old next year in 2012. The concept is still unique and vivid even today. I am ready for 2nd coming to xbox360. Expand
  10. Mar 24, 2016
    At first glance, the game is no big deal, but when you play with mecha control when it gets good. Playing with that thing is indescribable being one of the best Xbox games. It is a great pity that this saga is ruined by the horror that was kinect.

#20 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2002
#8 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2002

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    The best mech simulator ever made, embarrassing even de facto favorites like the "Mechwarrior" series on the PC. [Winter 2002, p.86]
  2. GMR Magazine
    For those with the cash, it's well worth it. [Feb 2003, p.95]
  3. You can't escape the technical limitations, the little niggles, the frustration of having to start over every time your flick-and-tap skills desert you, and having to perform that boot-up sequence every single time, and the stupidity of Daytona-level pop-up in an Xbox-exclusive game.