Sudeki Xbox

8.3

1. Nov 10, 2012
    A fun and challenging RPG. It combines multiple genre's together to create a unique RPG that's worth your time. It's got some issues to keep it from reaching true greatness. The story is weak and has one of the worst endings of all time, probably the worst ending for an RPG, but the main characters are really likable so that's something. I also found the melee combat lacking thanks to aA fun and challenging RPG. It combines multiple genre's together to create a unique RPG that's worth your time. It's got some issues to keep it from reaching true greatness. The story is weak and has one of the worst endings of all time, probably the worst ending for an RPG, but the main characters are really likable so that's something. I also found the melee combat lacking thanks to a lack of any lock on system and the fact that enemies constantly stop your combo in the middle when they swarm you. The game takes some getting used to thanks to the awkward camera. It's got flaws for sure, and while the story doesn't pull you in the gameplay will. I found myself getting lost in this games unique world for hours at a time. So if you are looking for a great RPG for you original Xbox you should look this up. Expand
  2. HierM.
    Jul 21, 2004
    Iz good, ya!
  3. Anyanjia
    Jul 22, 2004
    Brilliant, the more I play the more I want to play cant wait for Sudeki 2. Played it twice finding more and more to do and see each time. NIce one Climax, at last a decent RPG for the X box :)
  4. AlexC.
    Excellent fun.
  5. CyphP.
    Jul 25, 2004
    I dont know what game 1UP was playing, they are way off. Sudeki is a fun and welcomed game to the Xbox lineup.
    Aug 6, 2004
    Well, I just completed it in under 15 hours. The ending was terrible. It doesn't even show what happened to the characters afterwards, or what happened to the whole world. The story was disappointing as well. The "puzzles" could be solved by a lobotomized chimp. Or maybe a well-trained dolphin. I'm very dissapointed overal, and hope that Sudeki 2 (which is apparently being made) Well, I just completed it in under 15 hours. The ending was terrible. It doesn't even show what happened to the characters afterwards, or what happened to the whole world. The story was disappointing as well. The "puzzles" could be solved by a lobotomized chimp. Or maybe a well-trained dolphin. I'm very dissapointed overal, and hope that Sudeki 2 (which is apparently being made) will be better. Not bad for your first RPG Climax, but this is certainly no Final Fantasy killer. Anyone claiming it does should be blade sparked by Tal. ;) Expand
  7. K-van
    Sep 10, 2004
    By now you probably realize that Sudeki is a disappointment. But most reviews fail to mention the real reasons. My biggest problem was the lack of freedom in Sudeki. Battles only take place in arena-like areas from which you cannot escape until all the enemies are defeated. While walking from town to town, you are confined to narrow paths (with various arena battles in between). In By now you probably realize that Sudeki is a disappointment. But most reviews fail to mention the real reasons. My biggest problem was the lack of freedom in Sudeki. Battles only take place in arena-like areas from which you cannot escape until all the enemies are defeated. While walking from town to town, you are confined to narrow paths (with various arena battles in between). In addition, there really is no customization of your characters other than their own individual statistics. You can't buy armor, and there is only one weapon you can buy per character (I didn't even purchase my first weapon until I was 16 hours into the game!). Basically, stores are useless in general. Everything you can buy in a store can be found on defeated enemies or in chests (and in large quantities!). You could honestly play the entire game without purchasing anything from the stores. Blacksmiths are more useful, but they all sell the same upgrades so there is no need to travel to a different city to get that awesome upgrade that you finally can afford. The list of design flaws for Sudeki can be quite long, but I'm sure you get the picture. The bottom line is that terrible design descisions were made that seriously detract from the fun. So what's fun in Sudeki? Combat. Once you get accustomed to the controls battles can be pretty exciting. The great part is that when you get tired of killing monsters up close, you can switch to a character with a ranged attack. As for the length, I finished Sudeki in 28 hours. No, I am not an inept gamer. But when I say "finished", I mean it. I completed all side-quests available. I'll never understand why people pay $50 for a game like Sudeki, then beat it in 10 hours. Overall, Sudeki just barely gets a 7/10. Get it if you really want a RPG with real-time combat....but wait for the price to drop. Trust me, it will. Expand
  8. Dave
    Nov 10, 2004
    I think this is a pretty solid game. I'd read some reviews and was expecting the worst, but I enjoyed the game thouroughly. The graphics are simply beatiful, and the gameplay's great. The ending was kind of a letdown, though.
  9. Artform
    Jul 22, 2004
    What's up with these medium reviews? well, i'm freaked out. i don't know, i think this game is genius. it's outstandingly beautiful. i haven't been able to pull away from it, and nothing is wrong with it. if you like big games, give it a whirl. if you like pretty graphics, put these in front of you. for me, sudeki is just the kind of game i've been waiting for.
  10. JimH.
    sudeki rocks!
  11. PlapP.
    Beautiful graphics!
  12. BertF.
    Jul 22, 2004
    Finally a game that can truly utilize the full power of the XBOX's Graphics. The story could use some work but overall it's a must have game.
  13. LeonW.
    Jul 23, 2004
    Sudeki is a great game. I am amazed at how well this game plays. The graphics are outstanding and the camera does not take away from the game play. I played numerous rpg's that were good but this game is in a league of its own. This game is much better that a turn based rpg. The battle scenes are great. Great game!
  14. BuriedintheBox
    Jul 29, 2004
    For those of you that have been eagerly awaiting an RPG on XBOX, you might enjoy this one. Only thing is, it looked like it was going to be more like BG or CON with mostly fighting and minimum story. Don't get me wrong, story is good, but for those of us who don't have enough time to get into this, it can get boring. The fighting is all that was shown in all demos and it looked For those of you that have been eagerly awaiting an RPG on XBOX, you might enjoy this one. Only thing is, it looked like it was going to be more like BG or CON with mostly fighting and minimum story. Don't get me wrong, story is good, but for those of us who don't have enough time to get into this, it can get boring. The fighting is all that was shown in all demos and it looked good, especially it having blood, which for this kind of graphic engine, is rare. So for those of you that thought melee was going to finally be done only on XBOX with its graphic powerhouse, be warned, there is a lot of talking and walking around too. Felt like Aidyn Chronicles on N64. Camera wasn't that good either. Expand
  15. KarlK.
    Aug 20, 2004
    I just rented this game 3 days ago, it was worth the rent, but i wouldn't recommend buying it. The Graphics in the game are great, as is the sound (every character you talk to speaks), but the combat and storyline is why I gave it a 6. In the game you will get 4 playabul characters, 2 use melee wepons and 2 use projectile. The melee fighters use combos to attack, and preforming the I just rented this game 3 days ago, it was worth the rent, but i wouldn't recommend buying it. The Graphics in the game are great, as is the sound (every character you talk to speaks), but the combat and storyline is why I gave it a 6. In the game you will get 4 playabul characters, 2 use melee wepons and 2 use projectile. The melee fighters use combos to attack, and preforming the combos isnt fun. The combat for the projectile people just involves running in circles and pressing the right triger. The sroryline got really confuseing about 1/4th way through the game, and the little I did understand was boring. The game had to mutch (pointless) running, Run to point A, then runing to point B, then run back to point A. But if you dont mind the semi decent combat and the... odd story line, u should at least give it a rent. Collapse
  16. Vicissitude
    Jan 24, 2007
    This game surprised the hell out of me! Great game! More FPS-RPGs please! The melee combat is pretty meh, and the art style is a bit questionable. Overall though, very fun!
  17. LouiseL.
    Jul 22, 2004
    This game looks so gorgeous. I want to live in that world! The combat is fantastic and the spells amazing. Wow
  18. Dprime
    Jul 25, 2004
    Another great innovative RPG for Xbox. Real time combat with your choice of hack and slash or even FPS action! Great story.. gorgeous graphics.. Not as deep or as long as any FF game ( except FFx-2) but defintely a satisfying and unique RPG experience.
  19. LeighM.
    Jul 29, 2004
    This game once you play it for a bit, will see how well and fun this game is. I can't put the controller down!
  20. Aug 9, 2015
    Developed by Climax. Women dressed as cock-teases... It's no coincidence. Advertising this game with the phrases "full frontal assault", "you're going to love her killer moves" and "will leave you breathless" is crass and pathetic. What sells? Sex. Who buys it the most? Het guys. No doubt this stuff made many people feeling like vomiting, and then mailing it to he developers. It's anDeveloped by Climax. Women dressed as cock-teases... It's no coincidence. Advertising this game with the phrases "full frontal assault", "you're going to love her killer moves" and "will leave you breathless" is crass and pathetic. What sells? Sex. Who buys it the most? Het guys. No doubt this stuff made many people feeling like vomiting, and then mailing it to he developers. It's an attempt to really manipulate the majority of gamers, and an insult to those of us who are not obsessed with sex. Expand
  21. Apr 5, 2017
    Pas vilain techniquement, artistiquement c'est une autre affaire : le mauvais goût prédomine. Dans cette japoniaiserie, de la niaiserie à profusion bien entendu et du combat en temps réel ennuyeux. VF très correcte.

#17 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#6 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. Despite being set in another dimension, Sudeki feels believable and somehow real.
  2. Solid in all departments. It has some great RPG elements but nothing that is going to catch the gaming market's eye quite like "Knights of the Old Republic."
  3. Think of Sudeki as a trip to the Renaissance faire with your crystal loving anime fan friend from the new age bookstore. You can choose to either drink in the experience, enjoy it for what it is and not scratch too deep; or you can over analyze it, shatter the illusion and trudge around miserable all day.