9.0

1. DarrenM.
    Sep 20, 2004
    Morrowind is currently enjoying an undue resurgence in popularity because it's suddenly become cool to compare Fable (unfavorably) to this game. So, to clarify: Morrowind has a huge scope and pretty nicely rendered large environment to screw around in. But the story is awful, the game has no end, there are (I think) like four main NPC scripts that get really, really boring in about Morrowind is currently enjoying an undue resurgence in popularity because it's suddenly become cool to compare Fable (unfavorably) to this game. So, to clarify: Morrowind has a huge scope and pretty nicely rendered large environment to screw around in. But the story is awful, the game has no end, there are (I think) like four main NPC scripts that get really, really boring in about four minutes, more statistic jibberjabber than anything not called dotHACK, really boring gameplay after about the first two hours, LOTS OF WALKING to get to anywhere, absolutely no humor at all, and once you begin to progress through the game there are constant load times and slowdown. and that's not an exaggeration-- if you've completed the main game, and are working on the expansions, and have a character equipped with legendary artifacts and maxed-out stats, the game will literally take five minutes to load from the hard drive. and if you've equipped the Boots of Blinding Speed with the Cuirass of the Savior's Hide?, you seriously can't move two feet without a load pause. it's absurd that this flaming pile of a game was ever released, I don't care how good the concept was. The execution is terrible. Expand
  2. Uter
    Jan 5, 2004
    It's really long which is great, but what's the point of being long when it isn't fun?
  3. SamM.
    Apr 11, 2006
    Worst game I have ever played this game is for losers.

1. These new options are perfect for the hardened "Morrowind" veteran, adding just the right amount of innovation to an already solid RPG, and fortunately, this edition is compatible with old save files. [Mar 2004, p.91]
  2. The depth of Morrowind's gameplay and overall design is matched by the audio-visual presentation. Hands down, Morrowind's soundtrack should be released on CD – once you've heard the opening chords you'll be humming it for hours after first booting it up.
  3. I love you, Bethesda. I eagerly await Elder Scrolls 4 and Call of Cthulu. Marry me.