9.1

1. Jan 24, 2011
    This game made me buy the Xbox twice. I thought I had no use of the machine then I tried this game and just had to get another Xbox because I did not have a PC that could handle this game. I was introduce to this great franchise, a game that introduced me to what a real open world game looks like.
  2. Jun 10, 2011
    this is the best game I've ever played. I guess the modern gamers who complain about it don't want to spend so much time making their first character good.
  3. Jul 13, 2011
    This game is bloody amazing. This game is huge, and anyone not playing it is REALLY missing out. This is not even a game anymore, it lives on it's own.
  4. Aug 2, 2011
    After all these years, TES III Morrowind is still my all-time favorite game. Far better than Oblivion, it's world is more arcane with many more Houses and Guilds to explore, not to mention a far more alien world with 2 stellar expansions (Bloodmoon and Tribunal). Most other open-world games pale in comparison. I still manage to play an 80-hour character about once a year. Oh, and don't forget the new mods! :) Expand
  5. Aug 5, 2011
    This is almost a perfect RPG. Morrowind is open-ended, offers hundreds of quests, plenty of story lines, and the main plot is possibly the best I have seen in any game. In true RPG fashion you start with nothing but your shirt, pants and a stolen dagger, and you might end up as a force to throttle the heavens. The world is beautiful and varied - especially for a game of its age - and there is never a shortage of places to go, dungeons to explore, items to find and people to interact with. Regardless of where you go, you will be filled with a sense of wonder, and anticipation of possible rewards.

I would like to give Morrowind a perfect 10/10, but there are a few elements that needs to be improved upon for that (and fan-made mods have indeed been made). The most deterring aspect is combat, which severely lacks excitement, as you will find yourself chopping away with your sword or axe, smashing the same mouse button repeatedly until whatever is in your way is dead. There is no strategy to melee. Spell-casting would be fun as the spell book is far more varied than in the game's successor, Oblivion, but unfortunately you will find yourself lacking the mana pool to do prolonged combat with destructive spells and there is no mana regeneration.

However the problems with the combat system barely deters from the overall enjoyment of the game, as the story will leave you hungering for more. Whenever you complete a quest you will want to continue unto the next one, and whenever you travel the world - which you will be doing a lot - you explore every canyon crevice hoping to find something new, which you often will.
    The expansions have equally impressive story-lines. Bloodmoon offers a new, enormous landmass to explore, but sacrifices story quality (although it is still fantastic and engaging), whereas Tribunal is confided to one large city and its sewers, but with a story rivaling that of the original. Further the difficulty of the expansions is high, making them great for characters that have already completed the main quest. Unlike Oblivion there is no scaling, and the game does not hold your hand. You can fail quests, and you can kill ANYONE, meaning a particularly malicious player can mess up his own progress, by slaughtering important NPC's. This is not a critique, but an applause, as the game lets you experience the consequences of your own actions in a believable way. The game is fantastic and once you start, you might never stop playing. Eight years after its release and I still enjoy it as much as any game I've tried since.
  6. Oct 6, 2011
    This game will forever be in my top 10 favorite games off all time. If you are a big fan of open world games with complete freedom as to what you can do and where you can go this is the game for you. You want to to kill a key NPC and effectively end the game's main story? Sure! You want to enchant a ring that can make you fly? Why not! You want to become a vampire and feed on people? Go right ahead! Some people complain that the travel system is slow and it takes forever to walk places. I think this is a good thing. Walking from place to place makes the game feel more authentic and mystical. There is a mass transit system that can get you between the main settlements on the map. There is so much to do and see in this game it's unbelievable. This is the first Bethesda game I ever played and I have played every single one they've produced since. This game opened my eyes to a genre of games I didn't know I liked and now I play almost exclusively. Give it a shot even if though it's old now. Expand
  7. Oct 25, 2011
    From the time you step off of the boat, Morrowind will sink its claws into you and never let go. The combat and graphics have not held up well over the years, but the incredible adventure filled land of Morrowind has.
  8. Nov 15, 2011
    Morrowind is easily one of the best games available on XBOX. The absolutely epic scale of the game, in and of itself, was enough to get me to shell out $50 for it many years ago, and recently repurchased a used copy ($4 on Amazon). Even after the countless hours I've already spent in this game when it was new, there are still many more unexplored avenues for adventure, untold stories of my exploits, and an unexplainable craving to leave no rock unturned, no cave unexplored. Infinite replay value aside, nearly every facet of this game made an impact on me as a gamer. The loading times are long, more bugs than I would normally tolerate, companion pathing is a pain, and the combat system is simplistic, however, for it's time, you cannot find a more involved, open ended RPG. Period. This game was developed for the PC, and runs much better on more powerful hardware than the XBOX has to offer, however, Bethesda did a wonderful job tailoring Morrowind so console gamers could enjoy this game. With everything it has to offer, any flaws in the game are completely blown away by the sheer amount of content. This game has a special place on my top 5 games of all time. Expand
  9. Jan 20, 2012
    Morrowind is the first Elder Scrolls game I played. Simply put, it is incredible. In fact, I would venture to say that it is vastly superior to its predecessor, Oblivion. Morrowind is the first in the series to introduce a truly open and vast world that not only takes hours to see and explore, but manages also feel very much alive. It is filled to the brim with interesting scenery, characters, quests, monsters, lore, and so on. I honestly cannot place exactly why this game was more fun than Oblivion besides to say perhaps the overall all "mood" and design of the continent. Skyrim managed to return to the series' roots while still taking several steps forward, and it is superior to Morrowind, no doubt, but if you get the change to try out this amazing, epic game that paved the way for Skyrim, do not hesitate. I give this game an easy 10 out of 10. Expand
  10. Jan 21, 2012
    One of my top 10 favorite games of all time. Sure, it's a little buggy at times and you have to swing your first weapon about fifty times at a cliff racer to hit it, but this game isn't for the average gamer. It's for explorers--people who enjoy going wherever they want and doing whatever they want. It's for those who enjoy putting hours and hours into their character & leveling up skills so you can become the most powerful force in the game. It also allows you to progress with the main quest whenever you darn well feel like it while providing ample opportunities to advance with other organizations. This game is more "real" than any other I've played, including Oblivion & Skyrim. You can go into a house in the middle of nowhere, murder the occupants, steal them blind, and sell all their wares at a nearby village. The guards won't know a thing, as they shouldn't..they weren't there and you left no survivors. This is NOT the case in Oblivion or Skyrim, where every guard nearby seems to know the moment you stole that little silver cup. That's not real to me, but BS. Expand
  11. Mar 31, 2013
    This is by far one my favorite games. The game will keep hooked for many hours at a time with it vast amount of quests and stories. Some of the guilds my lack a little bit in story, but overall the game is worth buying on the PC since load times on the Xbox are insane. The best Elder Scrolls game yet.
  12. May 27, 2013
    Great game, large world, beautiful landscape. While quests get boring and some of the monsters you encounter may be dull, the game provides a thrilling time for all ages.
  13. Aug 10, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. The storytelling is amazing, the depth is just astonishing, the NPC interactions make the NPCs feel alive, and you can do whatever you want to do. Your choices actually matter, the people recognise your good or bad deeds, the DLC is great. I could go on and on about this game, but play it for yourself and experience the full beauty of a real RPG.
  14. Sep 18, 2013
    Not bad at all, great compared to the PC version, has minor bugs when playing it on the original Xbox, but on the xbox 360 I have yet to see any bugs
    a pure RPG game, the combat is a little unbalanced, but its because the game adds into effect your attributes and your luck, and your skill with your current weapon.
  15. Oct 24, 2013
    Morrowind changed the RPG game. It provides an immersive and gigantic world to get lost into. One of the few games where the content actually surpasses the cost.
  16. Nov 11, 2013
    One of my most favorite game of all time. I've played this game for over 8 years now & there are a lot of missions I haven't done & locations I haven't been to yet. This is one of those that I would be ok with if this was the only game I am allowed to play for the rest of my life. The only problem I have with this game is the horrible combat mechanics & hit box.
  17. Dec 18, 2013
    Quite simply the best and most immersive RPG to grace any console. If you own an original Xbox or 360 its worth your time seeking out this game. I have been playing this game for years. I get some time per week to indulge in my gaming and always go back to this one. Its amazing, OK the graphics might be a little dated compared to its sequels, Oblivion and Skyrim, but the shear size of the game is astounding and puts the other two to shame. Get out there and find a copy, you will not be sorry. GOTY copies are a little pricey though. If you own a half decent PC then seek out the main game and copies of the expansions as this is a cheaper option. Brilliant game, just brilliant. Expand

1. These new options are perfect for the hardened "Morrowind" veteran, adding just the right amount of innovation to an already solid RPG, and fortunately, this edition is compatible with old save files. [Mar 2004, p.91]
  2. The depth of Morrowind's gameplay and overall design is matched by the audio-visual presentation. Hands down, Morrowind's soundtrack should be released on CD – once you've heard the opening chords you'll be humming it for hours after first booting it up.
  3. I love you, Bethesda. I eagerly await Elder Scrolls 4 and Call of Cthulu. Marry me.