8.7

1. Mar 2, 2012
    Started playing this game about six years ago and I still play it to this day. It's simply the best fantasy RPG in existence and it tops Skryim, Oblivion, and Fallout 3. Its beautiful landscape, style, and gameplay will affect you like no other game ever has. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is the greatest game ever to be released.
  2. MattF.
    Jun 7, 2005
    Great game, hours of game play, and never ending which is great.
  3. Prothoss
    Jul 7, 2003
    Mmm... Must play more! No but seriously it is one swet game!
  4. GodLovesU
    Jun 21, 2002
    This is the holy grail of open ended rpgs. The problem is only in the pc ish graphics and dodgey battles, but the 1000000 pluses make up for it.
  5. JMAN51
    Jul 8, 2004
    Myst with gameplay? This game is NOTHING like Myst. Myst: Linear Puzzle solving game without characters. Morrowind: Massive open ended RPG with thousands of characters, quests to complete, tombs to raid, and muc much more. Gabor you obviously gave this game no time. things wrong with Morrowind are an iffy framerate, jaggy character models (KOTOR did as well although not AS bad), and a Myst with gameplay? This game is NOTHING like Myst. Myst: Linear Puzzle solving game without characters. Morrowind: Massive open ended RPG with thousands of characters, quests to complete, tombs to raid, and muc much more. Gabor you obviously gave this game no time. things wrong with Morrowind are an iffy framerate, jaggy character models (KOTOR did as well although not AS bad), and a combat system that could use some tweaking. Definitely a must have if you have enough patients and give the game enough time to pull you in. Expand
  6. Apr 10, 2013
    The first time I played this game I absolutely hated it. It was too big the combat was clunky and I never had an idea of what I was supposed to do. I managed to stick with it and once I figured out what to do and how to fight and how leveling works, this game turned from unpleasant to incredible. I have been playing the same character since October 2009 and every 3 or so months i willThe first time I played this game I absolutely hated it. It was too big the combat was clunky and I never had an idea of what I was supposed to do. I managed to stick with it and once I figured out what to do and how to fight and how leveling works, this game turned from unpleasant to incredible. I have been playing the same character since October 2009 and every 3 or so months i will plug it in and play through a quest-line, with over 200 hours long and many more quest-lines to go I will be playing this character for many more years to come. Expand
  7. NamelessOne
    Aug 21, 2003
    Huge, but that's part of the problem. It takes too damned long to get anywhere.
  8. MarkK.
    Mar 24, 2004
    Overrated. Yeah it's big, yeah it's a RPG. But it's boring. Repetative quests, lackluster fighting, after level 15 your a god, and have to do something spectacularly stupid to die.
  9. GaborA.
    Nov 12, 2003
    Overrated garbage. Myst with a pathetic atempt at game play. No lie the game comprises of strolling around a painted world and avoiding fights because they are so hopelessly not fun and pointless.
  10. JimH
    Dec 13, 2009
    I really didn
  11. Jun 8, 2013
    Long before Oblivion and Skyrim took the Elder Scrolls series to the next level, both in terms of quality and popularity, the series third entry (Morrowind) found itself ported to the original Xbox. Many of the series features are already present but little to no effort is made to make it accessible to anyone other than experienced PC RPG gamers. As a result most console owners will reallyLong before Oblivion and Skyrim took the Elder Scrolls series to the next level, both in terms of quality and popularity, the series third entry (Morrowind) found itself ported to the original Xbox. Many of the series features are already present but little to no effort is made to make it accessible to anyone other than experienced PC RPG gamers. As a result most console owners will really struggle to get into Morrowind in any meaningful way. Expand
  12. May 18, 2014
    It is almost impossible to hit someone in combat. I try 10 times and only hit once or twice. After I tried to kill a simple spider and died, I decided to just quit the game.
  13. Dave
    Jul 29, 2002
    I bought an X-box game system when I found out someone was finally bringing out a RPG for it. The only problem I have with this "game" is that I don't get much of anything else done since I started playing. From someone who cut their teeth on the "Ultima" series of games, Morrowind is just simply incredible! I can hardly wait for the next installment.
  14. X
    Sep 4, 2002
    I love this game, though when they made it, they sacraficed some of the cooler things that were in Daggerfall. The world isn't AS big, though it is huge, and there are not as many people/cities. But it surpasses Daggerfall on so many other levels, especialy in the graphics.
  15. LazyL.
    Jul 7, 2003
    At first I thought I had been ripped off! I wanted my money back! The fighting system was hella lame! And the fact I could be killed by a rat really pissed me off! But in time I realized that fighting is not the key component of this game! And when I had given up trying to hit that god dam rat I managed to explore a huge world of magic, people and objects (most of which I stole) a really At first I thought I had been ripped off! I wanted my money back! The fighting system was hella lame! And the fact I could be killed by a rat really pissed me off! But in time I realized that fighting is not the key component of this game! And when I had given up trying to hit that god dam rat I managed to explore a huge world of magic, people and objects (most of which I stole) a really top RPG, and a very, very time consuming game. Expand
  16. ChristineB.
    Sep 8, 2007
    If you can look past the various technical flaws and the poor combat system, you will find yourself in a world with all the time in the world and anything to do. You can literally do anything and everything that pops into your head. This game does not hold your hand in any fashion and while some people may find that daunting, it is the ultimate in freedom. If games that force you to go If you can look past the various technical flaws and the poor combat system, you will find yourself in a world with all the time in the world and anything to do. You can literally do anything and everything that pops into your head. This game does not hold your hand in any fashion and while some people may find that daunting, it is the ultimate in freedom. If games that force you to go from point A to point B are too restrictive for you, then Morrowind may be the game for you. Try it for 15-20 hours and you'll be hooked for years! Expand
  17. ElliottK
    Jan 23, 2010
    In my opinion this one of the best RPGs there are and while it does not have the best graphics or combat system the open ended quests and very good questline easily makes up for it. This is better then Oblivion and Fallout 3 because this is a real RPG. If only Bethesda had made them like Morrowind...
    Jun 28, 2002
    I have been totally addicted to this one... I'm normally not a big RPG fan, but the immersiveness of Morrowind is incredible!
  19. PhilipW.
    Jun 30, 2002
    Great Game, if you feel overwelmed by the game dont worry; the missions are supposed take that long.
  20. JayF.
    Jul 28, 2003
    This game is so frustratingly awesome. Embarking on one quest to find treasure or to solve a murder is quite interesting. The graphics lack inspiration because of the PC users slow graphics. The game plays like a novel only you choose the path to take.
  21. GregoryP.
    Sep 3, 2004
    Brilliant just brilliant.
  22. MarkA.
    Dec 30, 2002
    The number of possible paths through the game is nothing short of staggering. Only some fairly significant technical shortcomings keep Morrowind from receiving a perfect 10.
  23. JohnnyAppleseed
    Jun 14, 2002
    This title is beyond words, if you have 50 bucks and an Xbox buy this game! (not to mention the strategy guide which will help new players learn to pick classes, weapons, spells, etc) The only problem I could possibly come up with is that some times there are too many choices and can become confusing!
  24. JeffA.
    Jun 17, 2002
    I waited and waited for the arrival of this game and when it came out, it was the best day of my life... I don't know how i pryed myelf from the game to write this! If i could tell u one thing it would b to BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!! it is def worth it.
  25. Don
    Jun 21, 2002
    The game I waited my whole life for.. THIS is what RPG's are all about and will define the GENRE till Project Ego ships.. at least.
  26. MattR.
    Jun 24, 2002
    Amazing experience, even for a non-RPG devotee.
  27. Char
    Jul 25, 2002
    Action is a little boring but the environments are absolutely massive and incredibly detailed. I've never seen anything like it. I hope this is where RPG's are headed!
  28. DonI.
    Aug 24, 2002
    I tried to like this game, but, it crashes during loading, it is aimless wandering, graphics are so-so and I don't feel nice in Morrowind. But, I recognize the great amount of time spent working on that game.
  29. Gizmo
    Aug 8, 2002
    SWEET best RPG ever.
  30. jelwood01
    Oct 31, 2003
    An engaging open RPG where you can be and do anything.
  31. RayM.
    Feb 24, 2003
    This game is awesome. Being a fan of RPGs with good character development, this game sunk it's hooks into me. What other game can you totally customize your class and be submerged into a freaking huge world like this? Every Xbox owner should have this title right next to Halo.
  32. JavierF.
    Nov 12, 2004
    A true example of how real rpgs should be. This game is freaki'n awesome!!!!
  33. JoshB.
    Jan 2, 2005
    This is how all RPG's should be made! I am a motorhead.Not a real RPG fan.I have to make a this one a Ten .It is the cooler then any game I've ever played!Thank you Myst!
  34. [j]The
    Apr 4, 2005
    Good fun. takes a while to cover large distances within the map but has enough variation to keep playing.
  35. NajA
    Jul 2, 2005
    This is possibly the greatest game i have ever played. the world is gigantic, you almost literally fall of the face of this earth and into that when you start up the game. this game is a work of art. you just get lost in it. there a trillions of quests, you'll never have nothing to do. sometimes i would even just spend hours exploring, there are so many hidden things. it'sThis is possibly the greatest game i have ever played. the world is gigantic, you almost literally fall of the face of this earth and into that when you start up the game. this game is a work of art. you just get lost in it. there a trillions of quests, you'll never have nothing to do. sometimes i would even just spend hours exploring, there are so many hidden things. it's hilarious at times, i've found npcs in the middle of no where, they look so freaky and say the craziest things. it's so amazingly suspenseful. and the music! it fits so perfectly. this is the greatest game of all time. i get gooesbumps playing it. spend hours and horus exploring an infinite world full where nothing is impossible or make history in morrowind lore. everyone must play this game. if there is one person who says this game is less than amazing, this game is underrated. play it! Expand
  36. JamesP.
    Nov 25, 2002
    This game is a great game. It has everything: freedom, love, murder, ect. The makers got it all right. The only qualm I have is the loading but judging the mere size of the game I can understand. Best RPG. Its up there with with Halo and GTA3.
  37. Zeb
    Feb 16, 2002
    This game ROCKS!
  38. ElvisPresley
    Apr 23, 2003
    The King Says It's Awsome, The Best Game Ever, Totally Sweet, Off The Chain, And What Else Is There To Say!!!!
  39. EricHilly
    Aug 19, 2003
    Superp. i m 37 level in the game.
  40. MickT.
    Jan 13, 2005
    Absolutely brilliant, even if combat kinda silly and after play for a while u become invincible, even if u dont fight back! pity enemies cant get half as good as u can.
  41. LowievanGend
    Jul 29, 2005
    Best rpg ever. I've never had this much fun with any game before morrowind.
  42. MatthewL.
    Dec 31, 2002
    OMG !!! If this game absorbed me anymore I would be forced to become a hermit and wander around an imaginary world looking for a shred of peace in the universe. At first the game seems too open and you feel lost (that soon passes). After a couple of hours you can feel your concience telling you to turn off the console but your hands refuse. That is how much you get lost in this game! The OMG !!! If this game absorbed me anymore I would be forced to become a hermit and wander around an imaginary world looking for a shred of peace in the universe. At first the game seems too open and you feel lost (that soon passes). After a couple of hours you can feel your concience telling you to turn off the console but your hands refuse. That is how much you get lost in this game! The graphics aren't as bad as may people make out but they are the only detracting factor in an otherwise excellent game! Expand
  43. Frostbolt
    Nov 27, 2005
    The first time I played Morrowind, I didn't really get into it all that much, basically just stealing things, picking fights, and getting killed by the various wildlife animals. But I wanted to actually start playing Morrowind seriously and try to accomplish the goals, and I found the game to be excellent. The sheer variation of quests to undergo, the sights to see, and basically the The first time I played Morrowind, I didn't really get into it all that much, basically just stealing things, picking fights, and getting killed by the various wildlife animals. But I wanted to actually start playing Morrowind seriously and try to accomplish the goals, and I found the game to be excellent. The sheer variation of quests to undergo, the sights to see, and basically the open-ended vast world is incredible. You can really get immersed in this game, and that should always put a smile on ones face. Unfortunately it isn't perfect. ( but what game is?) The combat seems to lack the very foundation of fun, as it is frustrating to constantly miss the foe, and yet recieve great amounts of damage. Though as you become more powerful, there is joy from killing weaker enemies. Overall though, after a time the combat sinks in, and you don't mind it all that much. With that said the game isn't the greatest, but surely is one of the best RPGs of the year and I would recommend it to anyone who seeks a fun experience and wishes to be immersed in a world unlike many to come in years. =) Expand
  44. Mar 22, 2011
    i loved this game if it wasnt for the bugs and glitches it would get a score of 10 from me . the 2 biggest and annoying are the game freezing up once you get about half way done with it but you can cut it down alot if you deleate your save every so often and make a new one . the other one is one of the main quests is glitched and i got all the way to the end but got stuck in a glitch andi loved this game if it wasnt for the bugs and glitches it would get a score of 10 from me . the 2 biggest and annoying are the game freezing up once you get about half way done with it but you can cut it down alot if you deleate your save every so often and make a new one . the other one is one of the main quests is glitched and i got all the way to the end but got stuck in a glitch and could not finish it >< . that aside ive never seen a game that gives you so much to do in it and can be so fun . like being a thief is just a blast (even better then oblivion) . i love how you never know whats in any place you explore . it could be some low level thiefs or a nast deadrich cult . the thrill of exploration is just addicting and finding cool and rare items and gear . i love the fact you can fly in this game . the level up system is alittle goofy but after you play it abit and adjust its a real easy system and leveling up is a synch . its just a shame about the bugs and glitches . Expand
  45. Jun 10, 2011
    this is the best game I've ever played. I guess modern gamers don't like it because the combat system is bad, also they want lots of action and don't want to wait very long in order to get a character that cannot miss enemies. for me the story is interesting and rich. the feeling and the adventure are best parts of this game.

you should find help in the unofficial elder scrolls pages

you should find help in the unofficial elder scrolls pages website if you need help with this game
  46. Jun 27, 2012
    The open-world RPG that was miles ahead of its time. Being a simple teenager, I first played morrowind a few good years after it came out. So far in fact that the game was beginning drastically to show its age, but that didn't stop me from loving it and becoming a fan of the genre in general (a fandom that i still hold today). Thanks morrowind!
  47. Sep 7, 2013
    ---Rating---
    Design: 4 /5 (slightly weak combat system, but otherwise interesting mechanics and narrative)
    Polish: 2 /5 (mediocre graphics and an abundance of bugs, some more serious than others) Value: 5 /5 (standard price, but sets the standard for replay value with its huge in-game world) ---Review--- There are many concrete aspects in regard to which Morrowind isn't all that
    ---Rating---

---Review---
    There are many concrete aspects in regard to which Morrowind isn't all that exceptional, but in terms of the intangibles the game provides an excellent experience. It may not be the prettiest game, even for its time, but the mood and ambiance of the setting feels truly immersive, as much as the Ashlands could really use more color. There are many bugs and glitches to suffer through and/or exploit (depending on how you look at it), and the combat system is a bit underdeveloped, but the game's depth provides the player with countless hours of play. For newcomers looking for something a bit more manageable, I'd recommend the Bloodmoon expansion, but Vvardenfell itself is certainly worth exploring even without taking the many possible questlines into account.
  48. Sep 18, 2013
    Not bad at all, great compared to the PC version, has minor bugs when playing it on the original Xbox, but on the xbox 360 I have yet to see any bugs
    a pure RPG game, the combat is a little unbalanced, but its because the game adds into effect your attributes and your luck, and your skill with your current weapon.
    has the journal system that the GOTY edition got, so that's good

1. Morrowind will please both serious role-playing fans as well as anyone looking for a technically stunning adventure that will hold their attention longer than your average hack-and-slash title. This is the good stuff.
  2. Ultimately, Morrowind's biggest selling point - its expansive scope - is also its undoing.[Fall 2002, p.112]
  3. An exhaustive open-ended RPG that essentially allows you to make it up as you go along, with hundreds of people to talk to. [Feb 2003, p.95]