8.3

1. SteveM.
    Jun 5, 2005
    This Game is cool it has lots of cool moves and graphics better than the other kof. this ones the best.
  2. BlueFalcon
    Jul 2, 2005
    The transition to 3d is done nicely overall. Graphics and sound are weak, but not too offensive. There's many hrs of fun gameplay to be had here, so I'd recommend it.
  3. MasterBayShun
    Jul 12, 2005
    I will point out why it lacks in 2 places: 1. Character's win speech is annoying and often timed out of sync - it is noticable when played. 2. Cheap graphical character upclose 3D animation hurts looking up close, rather than compliments. 3. WTF is up with the ending. On to the good: 1. The adjust to the game is not too hard, but last boss AI is a cheap shot cheater, but I like a I will point out why it lacks in 2 places: 1. Character's win speech is annoying and often timed out of sync - it is noticable when played. 2. Cheap graphical character upclose 3D animation hurts looking up close, rather than compliments. 3. WTF is up with the ending. On to the good: 1. The adjust to the game is not too hard, but last boss AI is a cheap shot cheater, but I like a challenge. 2. Animation overall is pretty good ingame. 3. At least one BMG stage song is memorable. The opera/techno/speed type one. 4. Overall, it kept me playing, trying to kill that cheatin' bastard of a boss with different characters and their styles. 5. Mai Shiranui's jigglies distract from other downfalls. Good selection of female characters, I mean. Expand

1. You get the sense when playing King of Fighters: Maximum Impact - Maniax that you're not really supposed to explore that third dimension, since the first two dimensions are what SNK know intimately.
  2. For the most part, Maniax holds true to the KoF design, but it's also missing some of the style and heart that made previous iterations so successful.
    A fantastic purchase for long-time KoF fans.