The Matrix: Path of Neo Xbox

7.3

1. TomL.
    Dec 2, 2005
    I was expecting one of the greatest games of the year. The matrix films should make fantastic computer games and a "Best of" collection would of been great. But instead, all it is is a thinly disguised average game with fancy moves.
  2. Mick
    Nov 14, 2005
    I've given this game 10! Because I love the Matrix and am having so much fun playing it. However if I wasn't a fan of the Matrix I would still give this game a 7, as it is lots of fun to play.
  3. PuckW.
    Nov 29, 2005
    This is a solid game. A lot of fun to play. The moves are great and the graphics are very good but have problems with frame rates at times. The script is lacking but it is pretty fun to be Neo and run on walls, dodge bullets, and jump around the matrix kicking butt. Hopefully Atari can refine on this for the next iteration. Good to see the Matrix franchise going in the right direction.
  4. JustinT.
    Nov 8, 2005
    Awesome. Simply awesome. Great controls (though the gun combat could use a little work) make this a supremely satisfying beat-em up.
  5. SephX.
    Nov 9, 2005
    The graphics engine needed a good polishing before its release, lots of texture hiccups make a lot of characters look really fake (including the hole in Morpheus's head). The gaemplay can be a little twitchy, the music is too quiet and doesnt match the tempo of parts of the game not to mention its prone to cut on and off or downright stop playing. Path of Neo also uses the Havok The graphics engine needed a good polishing before its release, lots of texture hiccups make a lot of characters look really fake (including the hole in Morpheus's head). The gaemplay can be a little twitchy, the music is too quiet and doesnt match the tempo of parts of the game not to mention its prone to cut on and off or downright stop playing. Path of Neo also uses the Havok physics engine so like all other Havok-run games before it, there are lots of physics glitches that can occur in the game. And the alternate Matrix ending is quite frankly worse then the 10 minute "Oracle in th Park" scene from the original Revolutions leaving a sickening feeling in your mouth from what originally was a pretty decent game. Dont be fooled, this game isnt nearly as horrible as Enter the Matrix was.. but its short length and blatantly obvious errors make it a rental only. Expand
  6. MichaelB.
    Dec 17, 2005
    Graphics are sub-par, controls are sloppy, there are framerate problems with more than 4 npc's on the screen, and the game isn't half as fun as it should (or could) be. Not worth your 50 bucks and barely worth a rental. It's sad to see a franchise that had so much promise after the first movie totally dug into the ground like this. They have yet to make a halfway decent Graphics are sub-par, controls are sloppy, there are framerate problems with more than 4 npc's on the screen, and the game isn't half as fun as it should (or could) be. Not worth your 50 bucks and barely worth a rental. It's sad to see a franchise that had so much promise after the first movie totally dug into the ground like this. They have yet to make a halfway decent Matrix game (the three they have made are all pretty horrible). Expand
  7. Mr.Bauer
    Nov 11, 2005
    To all those people that are complaing about refined graphics. SHUT UP. the game looks just fine you would really have to be looking for what some of these guys are saying. I thought the game was very entertaining and worth while to rent. I beat it in 7 1/2 hours so its not a long game. The shooting in the game does need a little work you stay locked on a target even after he is dead whichTo all those people that are complaing about refined graphics. SHUT UP. the game looks just fine you would really have to be looking for what some of these guys are saying. I thought the game was very entertaining and worth while to rent. I beat it in 7 1/2 hours so its not a long game. The shooting in the game does need a little work you stay locked on a target even after he is dead which kinda made me mad. otherwise the crazy extra worlds were just irratating but still a good game. Expand
  8. BobH.
    Nov 12, 2005
    I loved Enter the Matrix. I would still be playing it after 2 years if I hadn't traded in my PS2 for an xbox. So who cares if the graphics aren't perfect? Its ETM + Neo. What could be bad?
  9. Cyn
    Nov 20, 2005
    Game is a great game in the 3rd Person world. Campagin is great. The upgrade RPG sytem is decent, and the fighting is amazing. And if you say the graphics suck, then just bare with them until you get Code Vision and use that the rest of the game. And if you truly consider everything the game is dealing with at one time (bullets, Neo's coat, the "bullet time", the slowed down bullets, Game is a great game in the 3rd Person world. Campagin is great. The upgrade RPG sytem is decent, and the fighting is amazing. And if you say the graphics suck, then just bare with them until you get Code Vision and use that the rest of the game. And if you truly consider everything the game is dealing with at one time (bullets, Neo's coat, the "bullet time", the slowed down bullets, and even watching agents turn back into whatever they were) the graphics are pretty dam impressive. Expand
  10. IliyasH.
    Nov 28, 2005
    this game isn't all that great. infact it's just average or maybe even below average. the graphics are stale and bland which bothered me alot. also, frame rate isn't good either . sound however was top notch. all in all, rent the game. it's not worth 50 bucks.
  11. IanM.
    Nov 8, 2005
    Graphics could have been better for the xbox. Story is to linear. Overall game play is fun.
    Nov 9, 2005
    People this is one of the best ass-kicking games out there but there is somthings that need inprovement. 1stly there are the glitchis on one leavel i found Neo transporting the Poshion Maker I found myself falling throw the floor witch realy made me mad. 2ndly the grafics are not as well refind as i had hoped like it looked like Neos jugiler(a vain in the neck) looked like a rectangle, People this is one of the best ass-kicking games out there but there is somthings that need inprovement. 1stly there are the glitchis on one leavel i found Neo transporting the Poshion Maker I found myself falling throw the floor witch realy made me mad. 2ndly the grafics are not as well refind as i had hoped like it looked like Neos jugiler(a vain in the neck) looked like a rectangle, but once u get pasted that this game could rival God of War and what is also nice about this game is that it has alot of humor in it like Smith (the bad guy) takes over Seniter Jo and u get to fight him witch i thought was cool but over all this is a fun game and u should go buy it infact get off ur butts and get it right now. Collapse
  13. MattL.
    Dec 7, 2005
    To much that was in the movies was skipped. Not enough movie action. But its pretty awsome with the bullet time and wal running. Better than Enter The Matrix but not by much. It's a good game to rent but not to pay $50 for. Overall, an average game.
  14. ApocalypseBrown
    Nov 21, 2005
    One sweet and simple word........... average! Average graphics, gameplay and apalling script which is worthy of the last two movies. Rental please sir.

#40 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005

1. AceGamez
    The levels add further dimension to the film, depicting Neo's journey in detail that the movies never could have gone into and also help you to understand the films and the overall plot of The Matrix much, much better.
  2. Edge Magazine
    As chaotic and unrefined as it is, however, it motors on with a definite sense of purpose and provides a solid sense of fulfilment, if not necessarily one of accomplishment. [Christmas 2005, p.110]
  3. Although Path of Neo is an improvement from Enter the Matrix, it should have been much better than it turned out. I have a feeling this is going to be one of the final nails in the once lucrative and respectable Matrix franchise.