The Warriors Xbox

8.2

1. JK
    Mar 16, 2007
    Extremely fun if you watched the movie the game almost serves as a prequel and play through the movie bit as well fights are brutal graphics aren't the best but they represent gritty environments good and co-op is very fun game isn't shortend or different you just play as a fellow gang member fighting is fun recommended this anyone who loved the movie or people looking for a Extremely fun if you watched the movie the game almost serves as a prequel and play through the movie bit as well fights are brutal graphics aren't the best but they represent gritty environments good and co-op is very fun game isn't shortend or different you just play as a fellow gang member fighting is fun recommended this anyone who loved the movie or people looking for a good fighting game and team A.I is good for big brawls definitely recommend this game. Expand
  2. TravisG.
    Oct 18, 2005
    If you are at all a fan of the movie, get this game. If you are not familiar with the classic movie, you might not be able to see through some of the flaws that plague this otherwise superb game. The story-telling is top-notch. The fact that the game goes all the way back to the formation of the Warriors as a gang and works its way forward (achromatically, even) just makes this a If you are at all a fan of the movie, get this game. If you are not familiar with the classic movie, you might not be able to see through some of the flaws that plague this otherwise superb game. The story-telling is top-notch. The fact that the game goes all the way back to the formation of the Warriors as a gang and works its way forward (achromatically, even) just makes this a fantastic add-on to the movie rather than just having the whole game be about the events of the film. The visuals, sound and overall style of this game are spot-on as well. However, there are the same flaws in this game that Rockstar games always have - too much going on in the background leading to repetitive comments from NPCs that take you out of the game. I swear if I hear "This isn't the American Dream, this is the American Nightmare!" one more time I'm going to scream. There are the usual camera issues, and the control scheme could have been more intuitive. But seriously, I'm willing to put up with these minor irritations to live as a Warrior through this amazing game. Even with its shortcomings, who really needs more than a solid story with great dialogue and good (but not perfect) gameplay? This game is FUN and it does the movie justice, and that's all that matters, right? Collapse
  3. Chris
    Oct 20, 2005
    If you're a fan of the movie this is an absolute must have!
  4. RageAHolic
    Oct 20, 2005
    Not so much a video game based on a movie as much as it is an interactive companion to the movie. This is one of the most entertaining games I've played in recent years. I love the mini-games and the combat is as fun as it is brutal. Crappy graphics as usual (from Rockstar), but they excel at gameplay so that's easily forgiven. If you love the movie, you'll love the game.
  5. MattC.
    Dec 3, 2005
    Great game. Has well balanced difficulty and good graphics as well as a superb fighting system. I would recommend taht you dont watch the film before you play this though, as the game copies its final third directly from the film. Another piece of brilliance from Rockstar. Can You Dig It?
  6. RagingRed
    Excellent, Wicked.
  7. Rick
    Feb 10, 2006
    From Rockstar but not as large scale as their GTA series however just as enjoyable. So much fun beat em up which does justice to fleshing out the gangs from the movie. Done to a scale only Rockstar seem to produce it includes original cast members voices (those that are still alive). Played it straight through in 2 days but I was putting in long days as it was just so enjoyable. Anyone From Rockstar but not as large scale as their GTA series however just as enjoyable. So much fun beat em up which does justice to fleshing out the gangs from the movie. Done to a scale only Rockstar seem to produce it includes original cast members voices (those that are still alive). Played it straight through in 2 days but I was putting in long days as it was just so enjoyable. Anyone not scoring above an 8.5 wouldnt have a gaming clue let alone any real taste. Fans of the movie - what are you waiting for? Those who havent seen it should rent the movie NOW and buy the game immediately. Like the movie the game has fantastic pace. Sure its simple but it just does everything so well. Bravo Rockstar another classic. Expand
  8. FredrikM.
    Nov 13, 2005
    Excellent. Rockstar rocks!!
  9. cleonandajaxruleblakaka
    Jul 17, 2007
    Wow, greatest game i have ever played in my whole entire gamming life, I love the warriors i have the movie (which makes the game seem even better once you play it after you watch the movie) the soundtrack in the game is exelent, the gameplay is unbeliveably awesome, you can use everyhting as a weopon. greatest game of all time. wow.
  10. MikeL.
    Nov 17, 2005
    I don't know about the movie, because I've never seen it. But I rented this game and couldn't put it down. Great game, and I'm going to go rent the movie now. I loved this game. The graphics could use a little help, but the fighting is great, you actually feel the blows that you deal out.
  11. KoOlNerDKiD
    Nov 12, 2005
    Nice Gang Violence Game.
  12. TommiK.
    Dec 21, 2005
    I have never liked GTA serie, but this game changed the way i think beat em ups. This game is one of the best games out there.

#47 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005
#23 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2005

1. Edge Magazine
    It's when the game is at its most GTA-like that it comes alive, conjuring up scenarios that take in whole city boroughs and throwing at you groups of adversaries and challenges you have to juggle on the fly… and then you get to a tediously engineered boss encounter and it all begins to get tiresome again. [Christmas 2005, p.109]
    The game's free-flowing scuffles are akin to your toilet experience after a night of over-beering: In other words, both are shockingly big, messy, chaotic, scary, surprising, and usually a little bloody.
  3. The fighting system is remarkable with a number of combo potentials and variety of moves that keep the combat from getting old.