Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Critical Hour Xbox

• Release Date: Mar 14, 2006
3.6

1. CharlesK.
    Mar 20, 2006
    Return to tactics is what you get with Critical Hour. More involving than Lockdown was, Rainbow is back with a vengeance. One shot one kill is something you'll want to keep at the forefront of your mind, just like the good 'ol days of R6. It works both ways, so you'll get thrills when YOU make the kill and you'll sweat bullets knowing that one shot will take you out as Return to tactics is what you get with Critical Hour. More involving than Lockdown was, Rainbow is back with a vengeance. One shot one kill is something you'll want to keep at the forefront of your mind, just like the good 'ol days of R6. It works both ways, so you'll get thrills when YOU make the kill and you'll sweat bullets knowing that one shot will take you out as well. The graphics on my Xbox version are pretty damned sharp too. A worthy new R6 game! Expand
  2. GeroldR.
    Mar 21, 2006
    For lovers of the first R6 games, this latest is for YOU! I'm no good at this reviewing thing, but I CAN simply tell you that this game feels much more like Rogue Spear or Raven Shield than it does the newer Lockdown. I have enjoyed all of the games in the series so far, but this one is one of the best!
  3. DoofusM.
    Mar 22, 2006
    Lockdown was a great dissaopointment to many R6 fans, but this time Ubisoft gets it right and puts this stellar series back on track. I hear that the next R6 game will be closer to this one than to Lockdown and that's all I need to hear. I'll get it without hesitation. This one shreds!
  4. Killdozer
    Mar 21, 2006
    Snarl! Oh yes, this game makes me feel MEAN! It's so awesome I just can't tell you! Very much a return to roots, this chapter kicks much ass. One of the very best of the series, this one brings back the use of tactics and has the feel of the old games with the look of the modern game. Rainbow Six, I salute you!

#21 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2006

1. It's bound to happen sooner or later. Critical Hour serves up an uninspired gameplay and dull visuals, which had all the signs of a rushed title.
  2. Critical Hour just isn't going to get much playtime from me anymore. It's fine to rent for a weekend, but you're doing yourself better by getting an Xbox 360 and playing "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter" in wait for "Rainbow Six: Vegas."
  3. The emphasis was put back on "one shot kills", but it is still too easy to run-and-gun with this level of enemy intelligence. Commanding squad mates is cool, but this just doesn't feel like the Rainbow Six we once knew.