• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Mar 28, 2005
9.1

1. KnightH.
    Mar 13, 2007
    Don't get me wrong but I do enjoy the stab in the back do a runner types of games but how the hell do I access versus mode on Splintercell Chaos Theory.
  2. MarkB
    Apr 1, 2005
    This game is amazing. I didn't think games could look this good.
  3. AndrewV.
    Apr 1, 2005
    There's nothing else this good in my collection.
  4. HarryG
    Shracking fantastic game.
  5. JoshF.
    Apr 2, 2005
    Absolute gaming heaven. Everything annoying about Pandora Tomorrow has been tweaked to perfection. I give it an 11.
  6. Jun 10, 2012
    Absolutely amazing game, the best installment in the series hands down. A huge step forward for the stealth game genre and since it's release very few games have even come close to the stealth mechanics of this game. If stealth isn't your thing, Chaos Theory is also an amazing action game, if you choose to play like a super soldier utilizing stunning new moves to take down your enemies.Absolutely amazing game, the best installment in the series hands down. A huge step forward for the stealth game genre and since it's release very few games have even come close to the stealth mechanics of this game. If stealth isn't your thing, Chaos Theory is also an amazing action game, if you choose to play like a super soldier utilizing stunning new moves to take down your enemies. I'm a hardcore gamer, playing virtually anything that comes out. Chaos Theory came out in 2005 and 7 years later, it still remains in my Top 10, no, make that Top 5 games of all time. Expand
  7. Nov 2, 2013
    It's strange for me to claim this, but I do profess that this is my favorite game of all time. It's hard to describe, but in my opinion Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is the perfect culmination of story, visuals, audio, and gameplay ever crafted. This is art, undeniably.
  8. JonS.
    Oct 31, 2005
    I love these games, and the coresponding book! there just the gratest game ever.
  9. Ednomynous
    Apr 1, 2005
    Great game. Beautiful visuals and wonderful gameplay.
  10. RobertL
    Awesome game.
  11. JamesK.
    Apr 1, 2005
    IT's better than the first two.
  12. TonyB.
    Apr 6, 2005
    It's the best stealth action game I've seen. Or heard, for that matter.
  13. JuhaM.
    Apr 7, 2005
    Never-before-seen graphics technology offers the best visuals ever to appear on any platform. THE best game on Xbox.
  14. JimmyJ
    IIiiiiiiitts GRRRRRRrrrrreat!
  15. MC
    Apr 1, 2005
    Yup, best graphics on the xbox to date. Not too much new, but if it ain;t broke.....don't fix it.
  16. JohnD.
    Apr 1, 2005
    I can't find anything to dislike about this game. Everything is top notch.
  17. ChipL.
    Apr 1, 2005
    Amazing visuals. Intuitive and slick gameplay.
  18. Bas
    Apr 3, 2005
    If you're a SC veteran, you'll love this game. The only bad thing I noticed about it was that they didn't include the SWAT turn.
  19. KurtB.
    Apr 4, 2005
    A stunning acomplishment. You won't believe it's not a PC game, it looks so good. There are very very few faults with this game. It would be perfect exept: 1. The sound: The music doesn't smoothly transition when an enemy becomes aware of you. For example, you shoot out a light, the sound of the light breaking will cut out...and then the music will start. Maybe it's A stunning acomplishment. You won't believe it's not a PC game, it looks so good. There are very very few faults with this game. It would be perfect exept: 1. The sound: The music doesn't smoothly transition when an enemy becomes aware of you. For example, you shoot out a light, the sound of the light breaking will cut out...and then the music will start. Maybe it's just taxing the Xbox too hard resulting in a small freeze. 2. Lighting effects. It's not as good as the older splinter cells. Your stealth meter will show that you are completely hidden, but it's obvious that someone should easily be able to see you. 3. Menus. Too many action menus. For example, I'm sneaking up on an enemy, and I want to grab him, but instead I push him off his chair and start using his computer instead! Of course, I navigated the action menu poorly. This is probably hard to fix on a consule, but you'll end up doing some pretty funny/stupid things accidently. This game isn't perfect. But it's closer than any other game I've ever played. It sets a new bar for AI, graphics, interactive environments, and the list goes on. This game will be the measuring stick for every new game in it's genre. It's gonna be really tough for them to measure up. Expand
  20. IMZ
    Apr 6, 2005
    The Co-op play in this game is amazing!!... with the screen split down the middle, if you have a wide screen T.V, you and a bussy will feel like you are each on your own screen. Although there are not enough missions for the Co-op play, I am hoping they will bring some out to down load, and this is by far the best feature to this new game, and they should improve on it. Mind you, the The Co-op play in this game is amazing!!... with the screen split down the middle, if you have a wide screen T.V, you and a bussy will feel like you are each on your own screen. Although there are not enough missions for the Co-op play, I am hoping they will bring some out to down load, and this is by far the best feature to this new game, and they should improve on it. Mind you, the graphics are absolutely amazing, and if you have HDTV, you will see what I mean... you really will feel like it is so real... you may just have an accident in your pants.. Expand
  21. BobS.
    Apr 6, 2005
    this game is the best game ever.
  22. Adam
    Apr 6, 2005
    Splinter cell 3 is the best splinter cell game out yet, all the other ones I have played but never finished the game but this one is so good that I can't stop playing it. I rate this game 10/10.
  23. SPYBREAK
    Apr 7, 2005
    Chaos Theory has a lot going for it: great single player and co-op mode (with enhanced gameplay); awesome sound and good music. The graphics are truly incredible, pushing Splinter Cell: CT above its predecessors! Worth purchasing.
  24. E.T.
    Apr 9, 2005
    Greatest game on xbox. Period. Online play is amazing, the frustration is gone thanks to the new save option on the pause menu. I keep on surprising myself with all the things I can easily do in this game. Very cleverly made. Oh and by the way Efe, I read your novel and I have to say this is a STEALTH shooter....hitman and punisher aren't exactly what you would call stealth. Blood Greatest game on xbox. Period. Online play is amazing, the frustration is gone thanks to the new save option on the pause menu. I keep on surprising myself with all the things I can easily do in this game. Very cleverly made. Oh and by the way Efe, I read your novel and I have to say this is a STEALTH shooter....hitman and punisher aren't exactly what you would call stealth. Blood doesn't matter unless you have no life and would like to see people die in pools of their own blood in real life. And why would you want to move furniture when you don't want anybody to know you've freaking BEEN there? 10. Greatest game I've ever played, even better than Zelda on 64. Expand
  25. Luc
    May 2, 2005
    Excellent great move great storie the best played game ever.
  26. JacobH.
    May 9, 2005
    It is a very godd game.
  27. ArmandilloD.
    Sep 7, 2005
    I am not the biggest fan of these sneaking games... but Splinter Cell :chaos theory is really a awesome game... Graphics are top quality (with this quality, i dont need xbox360 in couple of years)... gameplay is fantastic. This game really has the right "feeling"... Only "-" is, that it's pretty hard to get used to controls.
  28. JohnM.
    Jan 6, 2007
    The gameplay is absoloutely fantastic. It has great graphics and stealth movement. The controls can take some time to get used to though.
  29. DanielL.
    Mar 28, 2005
    This is a very good game. This has a great multiplayer set up.
  30. JohnS.
    Mar 28, 2005
    AWESOME!
  31. Ryencoke
    Mar 31, 2005
    Single player is awesome. Mutliplayer is so confusing though.
    Mar 30, 2005
    This is the greatest game in the series and one of the greatest games ever made this is a must have to any stealh-action fan.
  33. DarrenM.
    Apr 2, 2005
    Incredible. Slice and Dice.
  34. Derek
    Apr 23, 2005
    I think this splinter cell is perfect. Im new to the series and i still think this game is one of the best games i have ever played. the thing i really love the most is the new co-op mode. My friends and I have a blast with the co-op and the verus mode also the online mode to. I really think this game is perfect.
  35. WesE.
    Apr 24, 2005
    Utterly incredible. Right from the start, the graphics and audio (including Amon Tobin's stellar soundtrack) will grab you by the throat, much like one of Sam's new moves. Where Doom 3 proved that graphics don't make a good game, Chaos Theory proves to be that exception th the rule. But it throws so much new mechanics into the mix and ups the anty on storytelling with Utterly incredible. Right from the start, the graphics and audio (including Amon Tobin's stellar soundtrack) will grab you by the throat, much like one of Sam's new moves. Where Doom 3 proved that graphics don't make a good game, Chaos Theory proves to be that exception th the rule. But it throws so much new mechanics into the mix and ups the anty on storytelling with it's compelling plot, that it completely reinvents the stealth genre. I have nothing bad to say. This is the best game on the Xbox, without a doubt. Expand
  36. MichaelW.
    Apr 6, 2005
    Dark and gritty. The atmosphere of the game is great, and the voice acting is awesome.
  37. RobertL.
    Apr 6, 2005
    The best stealth action around. Not only is it a killer single player game, but the multiplayer is amazing as well.
  38. Alex
    Apr 6, 2005
    I'm going to go ahead and say it: Chaos Theory is one of, if not THE best game on Xbox. the graphics are absolutely stunning, and the gamplay is unmatched. i wasn't the biggest fan of the first two games, but i'm completely sold for this one. it deserves a place among any stealth-action/shooter fan's game library.
  39. JeffreyN.
    May 22, 2005
    This game was the best out of all three! I bought it about a month ago and I loved it! But I am still wondering why it is M because I don't see anything too violent! I just can't wait for the 4th Splinter Cell game comes out. I also just can't wait until the movie Splinter Cell comes out! Which comes out next year in 2006! I like this game, but I am not in love with this one.
  40. RamoW.
    Aug 27, 2005
    This is a very very very very very very ausome game I love online play.
  41. JohnI.
    Aug 28, 2005
    The most thrilling game i'v ever played, with cutting edge graphics and gameplay. Sam hasn't lost his attitude which is great but i think that it has lost a bit of the stealth flare it used to have. Really really looking forward to the next installment.
  42. BrunoB.
    Jan 15, 2006
    for me this game is perfect, i love splinter cell.
  43. SteveP.
    Jun 8, 2006
    A lot better than splinter cell one. They made all the things that were two hard in splinter cell one easier, and all the things to easy more challenging. First of all you have a knife, which makes hand-to-hand combat a lot smother and more fun, better than that gay elbow hit thing from the first. The hacking ability, EEV and the thingy on you gun that messes up cameras and stuff, allows A lot better than splinter cell one. They made all the things that were two hard in splinter cell one easier, and all the things to easy more challenging. First of all you have a knife, which makes hand-to-hand combat a lot smother and more fun, better than that gay elbow hit thing from the first. The hacking ability, EEV and the thingy on you gun that messes up cameras and stuff, allows for more options in completing the mission. The biggest improvement is the flow of the game, the last game felt kind of well I don Expand
  44. RedRose
    Apr 11, 2005
    EDGE magazine get it right every time. Ignore all the 10/10's and the 99%'s. However you cut it this game is splinter cell with improved graphics and some interesting multiplayer options. In other words it is still fairly linear. It is a technically good but has a greater propensity than most games to be a little bit on the dull, slow side. It is very dark and dare I say it - EDGE magazine get it right every time. Ignore all the 10/10's and the 99%'s. However you cut it this game is splinter cell with improved graphics and some interesting multiplayer options. In other words it is still fairly linear. It is a technically good but has a greater propensity than most games to be a little bit on the dull, slow side. It is very dark and dare I say it - not that fun (not a criticism per se but a compelling reason not to play the single player campaign through again). The single player campaign is not massively long and the storyline is arguably the weakest part of the game. For these reasons I would only give the single player campaign 7/10 and certainly would not buy it if I was not able to experience the full benefits of LIVE. A lot has already been said about the multiplayer aspects of the game and this is where I believe the game has its true value. Therefore, overall as a "package" SCCT represents probably the best game of 2005 so far for xbox. Solid (albeit not spectacular) single player and great multiplayer components. Overall 9/10. Expand
  45. JosephV.
    Apr 11, 2005
    Man this is the best Splinter Cell Game ever and one of the best games overall! The graphics make me wanna stare at the screen all day long.
  46. DavidD.
    Apr 17, 2005
    Perfect!
  47. MikeD.
    Apr 17, 2005
    This game is on beilive able.
  48. PeteP.
    Apr 25, 2005
    Best graphics, gameplay, storyline, soundtrack,features, player ability, realism. The bvest game i ever seen, on the best console ever seen, the x-box!
  49. R.Clark
    May 23, 2005
    After many weeks of play it still deserves top marks. It deserves the reviews it gets unlike jade empire.
  50. Nov 29, 2011
    Very few games do stealth as beautifully as the Splinter Cell series, and this game is simply the finest out there. Immensely enjoyable, fantastic missions and damn good AI make this a terrific game with innovative gameplay.
  51. Jul 19, 2014
    This is among my top 3 favorite games of all time. Easily the best game in the Splinter Cell series. The game play is fluid and nuanced, the story is engaging and the graphics are impressive for a game developed a decade ago. The soundtrack and voice acting are amazing as well (Michael Ironside is perfection). Love the overall aesthetic. If you've only played generation seven Splinter CellThis is among my top 3 favorite games of all time. Easily the best game in the Splinter Cell series. The game play is fluid and nuanced, the story is engaging and the graphics are impressive for a game developed a decade ago. The soundtrack and voice acting are amazing as well (Michael Ironside is perfection). Love the overall aesthetic. If you've only played generation seven Splinter Cell games, you've been missing out. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is the crown jewel of the stealth genre. Expand
  52. Jun 9, 2015
    One of my All-Time Favorites and certainly one of the best stealth Games ever created. The Gameplay offers so many opportunities to access an area and handle a situation. That is what i really miss in more modern stealth Games. The Game also wonderfully arouses the feeling of being a spy. Since then there was no other Game on the market that could accomplish that in this form.
  53. Dec 9, 2014
    Too good. I recommend this one instead of the ps2 game. This is just a masterpiece and a very good improvement since the last one. I love this game and the franchise
  54. Mar 22, 2015
    Tom Clancy's Splinter cell chaos theory sets the player as a spy of Third Echelon, Sam Fisher currently investigating a string of events leading towards a major terrorist. All made by a very intellectual person. Its up to you, to ghost your way through highly dangerous missions, to put an end to this "chaos theory," and prevent world war 3.

1. In all things small and epic, from the palpable graininess of the game's predominantly poorly lit environments, to the endlessly thrilling second installment of the spies vs. mercenaries online competitions, Theory does not disappoint. [May 2005, p.44]
  2. It's simply brilliant. The modes, graphics, gameplay, sound, music, acting, dialogue, and every other little piece in between all come together to create a tense, sweaty-palm experience you can't find anywhere else. [Apr 2005, p.126]
  3. You can't be a serious game player and not have this game. It's simply a must buy. It is the perfect third in a near perfect game series.