• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Mar 28, 2005
9.2

1. Nov 2, 2013
    It's strange for me to claim this, but I do profess that this is my favorite game of all time. It's hard to describe, but in my opinion Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is the perfect culmination of story, visuals, audio, and gameplay ever crafted. This is art, undeniably.
  2. Jun 10, 2012
    Absolutely amazing game, the best installment in the series hands down. A huge step forward for the stealth game genre and since it's release very few games have even come close to the stealth mechanics of this game. If stealth isn't your thing, Chaos Theory is also an amazing action game, if you choose to play like a super soldier utilizing stunning new moves to take down your enemies. I'm a hardcore gamer, playing virtually anything that comes out. Chaos Theory came out in 2005 and 7 years later, it still remains in my Top 10, no, make that Top 5 games of all time. Expand
  3. Nov 29, 2011
    Very few games do stealth as beautifully as the Splinter Cell series, and this game is simply the finest out there. Immensely enjoyable, fantastic missions and damn good AI make this a terrific game with innovative gameplay.

1. In all things small and epic, from the palpable graininess of the game's predominantly poorly lit environments, to the endlessly thrilling second installment of the spies vs. mercenaries online competitions, Theory does not disappoint. [May 2005, p.44]
  2. It's simply brilliant. The modes, graphics, gameplay, sound, music, acting, dialogue, and every other little piece in between all come together to create a tense, sweaty-palm experience you can't find anywhere else. [Apr 2005, p.126]
  3. You can't be a serious game player and not have this game. It's simply a must buy. It is the perfect third in a near perfect game series.