Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Xbox

8.5

1. LilBo
    Mar 10, 2003
    Two words. Practically PERFECT! This game is incredible, beautiful graphics, great gameplay, challenging yet not too hard. My only complaint is the camera. It's rather annoying.
  2. MattR.
    Aug 1, 2003
    At times infuriatingly difficult (CIA level, anyone), this game is also the most rewarding. The graphics are stunning, and arguably the best on any platform, ever. The lighting is incredible, and adds what Metal Gear lacks: realistic tension. I also enjoyed the real-life mood of the game, from the one-shot one -kill approach, to the concept of sound being a give-away, to the lack of At times infuriatingly difficult (CIA level, anyone), this game is also the most rewarding. The graphics are stunning, and arguably the best on any platform, ever. The lighting is incredible, and adds what Metal Gear lacks: realistic tension. I also enjoyed the real-life mood of the game, from the one-shot one -kill approach, to the concept of sound being a give-away, to the lack of idiotic level-end bosses. When will the Metal Gear series (and Nintendo, for that matter) grow up and realize that an espionage thriller loses all luster when after skulking around with your mullet, you have to shoot a certain character 243 times in the head in order to keep playing? That is SO 1988! Expand
  3. JesperN.
    Nov 19, 2002
    This is Game of the Year.
  4. J.Smile
    Nov 29, 2002
    Splinter Cell is o.k, but NOT exceptional!! The gadgets and the stealth actions are pretty cool. The game itself is quite linear to play..... Well, maybe I just have to wait for HALO 2....
  5. VitalyK.
    Dec 10, 2002
    One of the best games for X-box out there the visuals are awesome if not the best ever the story mode is complex and really deep once you get into the game. There are many gadgets and weapons that changes gaming in every espect possible. The levels are long if not huge and deeply designs along with the most beautiful lightning affects ever. You could play with the curtains for hours. The One of the best games for X-box out there the visuals are awesome if not the best ever the story mode is complex and really deep once you get into the game. There are many gadgets and weapons that changes gaming in every espect possible. The levels are long if not huge and deeply designs along with the most beautiful lightning affects ever. You could play with the curtains for hours. The control is easy and not hard to get everything alse about the game that i mentioned is also great. i think this is a must have game for the year and for the holiday season. Expand
  6. AlexP.
    Feb 24, 2003
    Amazingly fun game! Best graphics ever, neat gadgets. My only wish is that I wish I could save anywhere, but the current system is not too bad. Some parts took me days to complete. Wish more games looked and played this smoothly. The controls could be a little more intuitive.
  7. HoraceP.
    Apr 30, 2003
    This game was one of the best I've played on the XBOX. There were some missions that were not givin enough instruction, but overall it was an awesome game.
  8. BubbaFresh
    Apr 5, 2003
    8.4 user rating with 62 votes is an insult to this spectacular game.
  9. M
    May 30, 2003
    Ronald A., before you start rambling on about a game you dislike, use some DAMN periods. Everything you typed was practically gibberish.
  10. MatthijsOtterden
    Jun 1, 2003
    It's just a top game!!
  11. DerekO.
    Jan 11, 2004
    Awesome.
  12. CarloL.
    May 6, 2004
    If you give this game a rating lower than a 10, then you suck balls.
  13. R.Bradley
    Nov 22, 2002
    I hate to be one of the few that gives it less than a 10, but a 10 it isn't. The game is very linear and the only real options in solving a mission involve whether you kill those you encounter. Some portions require you to do some precision jumping, and this trial-and-error aspect makes the lack of a "save on demand" feature very annoying. HALO and Morrowind it is not, but it is I hate to be one of the few that gives it less than a 10, but a 10 it isn't. The game is very linear and the only real options in solving a mission involve whether you kill those you encounter. Some portions require you to do some precision jumping, and this trial-and-error aspect makes the lack of a "save on demand" feature very annoying. HALO and Morrowind it is not, but it is still a lot of fun, and is worth the purchase for the new elements the game introduces. Expand
  14. AdamR.
    Dec 2, 2002
    This game is really good. It is so realistic.
  15. TomC.
    Dec 3, 2002
    This is truly a great game!!! 2 bad I only have the demo. I am getting the real game very very very very very soon!!!I play the demo like 5 times a day!!!
  16. CraigP.
    Dec 4, 2002
    In one word: amazing.
  17. PatI.
    Dec 8, 2002
    Can't imagine a much better game. It's the game I've been waiting for - Stealth, action, and realistic environments. I thought Metal Gear Solid 2 was the King of Stealth/Action but Splinter Cell has definitely unseated it - - very convincingly I might add. Whilt Halo was an excellent shooter, this game hits all the right buttons. (I like the dark environments and story line Can't imagine a much better game. It's the game I've been waiting for - Stealth, action, and realistic environments. I thought Metal Gear Solid 2 was the King of Stealth/Action but Splinter Cell has definitely unseated it - - very convincingly I might add. Whilt Halo was an excellent shooter, this game hits all the right buttons. (I like the dark environments and story line better -But Halo is great for multiplayer) Expand
  18. Mike
    Apr 14, 2003
    Splinter cell is a verry cool game only sometimes a bit to difficult. and bullits...... there must be more bullits in the game because i only found bullits once in the game and i am at the third or fourth mission (government building at the elevator)
  19. AndrewZ.
    Apr 29, 2003
    Perfect game. Stealth simulation taken to the extreme! Definitely a "must have".
  20. ChristianO.
    May 1, 2003
    The only almost-meaningful problem with the game is the limbs going through walls. Love everrything else. OPSAT isn't in color, and I wonder why. My PDA is in Color.
  21. J.Hill
    Jul 25, 2003
    It is awesome, pure and simple. Those who complain about the clipping and physics (bodies going through walls) are ignorant as to software development. Is it irritating? Yes. Is it a worth-while trade off for what the devs spent their time and energy on? ABSOLUTELY! Same thing with the linearity issue. I don't like it either, but I am educated enough on games and software in general It is awesome, pure and simple. Those who complain about the clipping and physics (bodies going through walls) are ignorant as to software development. Is it irritating? Yes. Is it a worth-while trade off for what the devs spent their time and energy on? ABSOLUTELY! Same thing with the linearity issue. I don't like it either, but I am educated enough on games and software in general to understand that it was a design choice, not a short coming. When you see what the designers and devs have done in this game, it is pretty obvious to anyone with common sense why they had to design it in a linear fasion (perhaps to release it sometime this decade?). If you are tentative and may not like stealth/spy genre, go rent it. If you are into the black-ops genre, quite thinking and go get this game, you will not be disappointed. Expand
  22. JeffM.
    Dec 8, 2004
    This game rocks it changed the way I look at stealth gaming and I still have yet to play Pandora Tomorow but I know it will be good.
  23. HitmanD.
    Apr 18, 2004
    Awesome game, all the people rating it below 9 are doing so cos they sucked at it and find it too hard.
  24. MaccaMan
    Nov 15, 2002
    What a great game this is. The graphics are far superior to any game on any console. This game rocks. It?s better than mettle gear solid easily. This is a must buy for any XBOX owner. I love the fact that this game uses stealth excellently in conjunction with brute force. You are able to meddle with anything in the game, from radios to walls. Amazingly realistic and incredibly fun and What a great game this is. The graphics are far superior to any game on any console. This game rocks. It?s better than mettle gear solid easily. This is a must buy for any XBOX owner. I love the fact that this game uses stealth excellently in conjunction with brute force. You are able to meddle with anything in the game, from radios to walls. Amazingly realistic and incredibly fun and thinking game-play. :) Expand
  25. BradS.
    Nov 18, 2002
    Thanks a lot gamespot! I can't beleive you published that review! I am very disappointed in you, please go unf.... yourselves.
  26. HarryJ.
    Nov 18, 2002
    Splinter Cell is just MAGNIFICENT!
  27. JordanC.
    Nov 20, 2002
    I played the demo, best game I have ever played.
  28. BurnBit
    Nov 22, 2002
    Amazing! This is better than any James Bond movie!!
  29. MikelK.
    Nov 23, 2002
    This game is so cool.
    Nov 25, 2002
    Deeper, more satsifying stealth experience than MGS. Unreal graphics and sound. Highly reccomended.

#1 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2002
#1 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2002

If ever there was a game to show off the Xbox, this is it.
  2. This is a very linear game, and... one can't but feel it's a wasted opportunity to limit the player's freedom in choosing how to approach a situation.
    Realistic scenarios in realistic environments add to Splinter Cell’s tantalizing world of covert operations. With a strong overall package of incredible features, the stealth/action genre has a new hero.