Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Xbox

8.5

1. LazyLewis
    Jul 7, 2003
    Yes the graphics are great! But the game play is Very, Very straight forward! I felt as if I was playing a movie, not a game. Were have the games that allow a bit of choice gone? This game left you a corridor and you had to go straight ahead! All doors locked! But graphics are still eye popping and sound is also up to scratch! Over all nice to look at! Boring to play!
  2. Mark
    Jul 14, 2004
    I dont know what is so amazing in this game. I think Splinter Cell is good game, but not so good what everybody say.
  3. Josh
    Aug 24, 2003
    Very nice looking game. Best in stealth ever,but I'm not real happy with games that a player has to have a strategy guide before the 3rd level. Very hard, probably because you have to do what the exactly what the game allows, nothing more nothing less!!!!!!
  4. JayZ.
    Feb 3, 2004
    A spectacular piece of eye candy, no doubt, but the AI was either too smart for humans or too incompetent for 3-year olds. Good storyline but way too much trial and error. Its just too bad there isn't an online co-op mode too play around with like Socom. Great game that just lacks depth.
  5. LesliePoo
    Jun 24, 2003
    What is the hype all about, it isn't that ''special''... the graphics are (compared to other games) not as good and astounding, it also got a lot of bugs wich don't give splintercell that ''special'' award, but its one hell of a spy game, its just that I really don't like way it's so lineair and boring... the sound reaaly makes What is the hype all about, it isn't that ''special''... the graphics are (compared to other games) not as good and astounding, it also got a lot of bugs wich don't give splintercell that ''special'' award, but its one hell of a spy game, its just that I really don't like way it's so lineair and boring... the sound reaaly makes me pissed because it is always the same shite the german-like voices say, "Get out, there must be arbeit" or something dopey they say, damn get it right with your games now!!! Don't get mad and looney because it isn't my type of game, end of story Expand
  6. JeremyC.
    Nov 17, 2003
    Very nice graphics and an excellent idea for a game. But it stops there. First of all all the levels are ridiculously linear, and this is meant to be a stealth game? This game is full of try, die, and load again. It got very frustrating having to do the same things over and over again just to get killed in the same place. The A.I. is ridiculous. Sometimes you stand practically in broad Very nice graphics and an excellent idea for a game. But it stops there. First of all all the levels are ridiculously linear, and this is meant to be a stealth game? This game is full of try, die, and load again. It got very frustrating having to do the same things over and over again just to get killed in the same place. The A.I. is ridiculous. Sometimes you stand practically in broad daylight and they don't see you, other times when it is pitched dark they turn and put a bullet through your head. One time i had a gun to one guys head, i aimed at his comrade, over the guys shoulder, who began firing with an ak-47 at full blast I fell back dead while the guy i was using as a human shield walked away. Also it seems that if you throw a grenade at a group of guys if they notice it then it does no damage. More then a dozen times i saw a group of three or four guys so i threw a grenade they say 'GRENADE' and it blows up in their faces but they aren't hurt. Also this game is stuck in the middle of two worlds. I wish they had either made it more stealthy where their is very little action or else more SWAT like with infiltration and assassination. As is, it is ridiculous, in one mission you sneak through the entire level only to be confronted at the end by having to fend off an attack of over ten well armed guys while you are stuck with Mr. Cantaim Sam and his pathetic weaponry. Meanwhile three American soldiers stand at the back and wait for you to finish. The objectives and missions were more suited for an RPG or FPS, Splinter Cell needs to get some better designed levels and AI. Expand

If ever there was a game to show off the Xbox, this is it.
  2. This is a very linear game, and... one can't but feel it's a wasted opportunity to limit the player's freedom in choosing how to approach a situation.
    Realistic scenarios in realistic environments add to Splinter Cell’s tantalizing world of covert operations. With a strong overall package of incredible features, the stealth/action genre has a new hero.