Top Spin Xbox

8.2

1. ChrisE.
    Sep 11, 2004
    This game is so much fun I can't stop playing it i want to stop but i can its too much fun best game ever EVER!
  2. JakeK.
    Jul 3, 2004
    Great game: the incredibly detailed create player is genius, and the real-life sponsors are a nice touch. It is also just SO fun to pick up and play for hours at a time.
  3. DaveR.
    Feb 21, 2004
    Top Spin combines a simulation type approach with an arcade feel. It really sucks you into the matches and leaves you wanting more. It is quite challenging as you work your way up the ranking ladder. A definite buy for sports enthusiasts.
  4. NickR.
    Feb 18, 2004
    Great game, a must have for any tennis fan! Gameplay couldn't be better. Only problem is where's Roddick...
  5. T.Green
    Jan 24, 2004
    Excellent! The closest thing to a complaint that I have about it is that the contrast is a little too low on some courts (glaring brightness makes it hard to see the ball). Superb in all other areas.
  6. TomL
    Jan 14, 2004
    Hey man, Top Spin is not a bad drop hey? I didn't create and model a player on myself though cause I couldn't be bothered. However, I still managed to reach number 2 in the world, just quietly. I think you'll find that Gustavo Kuerten is quite a difficult player to beat though if you decide to try and become number 1 on the pro circuit. Guga mate!!! Nah man, seriously Hey man, Top Spin is not a bad drop hey? I didn't create and model a player on myself though cause I couldn't be bothered. However, I still managed to reach number 2 in the world, just quietly. I think you'll find that Gustavo Kuerten is quite a difficult player to beat though if you decide to try and become number 1 on the pro circuit. Guga mate!!! Nah man, seriously though, it is quite a decent effort for a tennis game. Expand
  7. BigD.
    Jan 5, 2004
    Very Nice, and about time another tennis game hits the shelf!
  8. Uter
    Dec 23, 2003
    I think this is the best tennis game ever made gameplay wise. The players have great animation, but their likenesses could look a little better. Also more than just the standard gameplay modes would have been nice.
  9. AkhilK.
    Dec 7, 2003
    What an awesome tennis game. With its solid presentation, sweet graphics and utterly astounding gameplay, it is THE game to own.
  10. ShaneB.
    Dec 5, 2003
    I HATE SPORT GAMES> yet this game, i am scared to say is amazingly fun to play. The single player is a fun diversion but get 4 friends together and this is just about the most fun you will have on you xbox. Great stuff.
  11. JJ
    Dec 1, 2003
    I am a huge golf and tennis buff...I have gotten about 5 hours into topspin....great game....i ENJOYED virtua tennis A LOT....it is just amazing how alike it is with VTENNIS...(which is better on GBA...i am not kidding...many great minigames...and indepth world circuit) but if you want another great game....I WAS SKEPTICAL BUT LINKS 2004 IS JUST ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE...if you like ARCADE I am a huge golf and tennis buff...I have gotten about 5 hours into topspin....great game....i ENJOYED virtua tennis A LOT....it is just amazing how alike it is with VTENNIS...(which is better on GBA...i am not kidding...many great minigames...and indepth world circuit) but if you want another great game....I WAS SKEPTICAL BUT LINKS 2004 IS JUST ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE...if you like ARCADE GOLF...go with TIGER...if you like realistic play with touchy controls and difficult putting....GO WITH LINKS...it would be the GRAN TURISMO of Golf Games. xbox live is kinda corrupt in my mind...when i attempted to play unreal....i didnt just get my butt kicked...i think i got something in my eye...i feel...i dont know if modified boxes are being used but in my opinion THE ONLY PURE GAME LEFT IS TETRIS WORLDS... ;) Expand
  12. VirgilJ.
    Nov 26, 2003
    Super tennis! No.1.
  13. EdI.
    Nov 6, 2003
    1. Incredible, deep create-a-player mode. 2. Stunning graphics...it makes good use of the Xbox's power. Trust me, I'm a graphics whore. 3. XBox Live compatible. >>One downside are the loading times. Avg. load time was about 10-15 seconds...?
  14. MarcusB.
    Nov 4, 2003
    I can't stand people who think that online gaming is and should be the focus in any game (I'm talking to you J.D.). The depth of this game is not in the online aspect, which is fun if you like playing against people who disconnect continuously, but rather the deep career mode which allows you to craft your player from the ground up. Great game.
  15. MatthieuR.
    Nov 4, 2003
    Very addictive! Takes the Virtua Tennis formula to new levels with better graphics and -never thought I'd say this- gameplay. Cool career mode as well. The only downer is the interminable loading times.
  16. J.D.
    Nov 3, 2003
    While a more in-depth Career and Player Customization mode would be appreciated, I understand the need to simplify these steps in order to get to the real meat of this game: XSN. If you haven't taken Top Spin online then you have neutered your gaming experience. Best. Xbox. Sports. Network. Title.
  17. JLo
    Nov 1, 2003
    As a tennis player, and gamer I can say that Top Spin is by far (for now) the best tennis video game...more realistic than any other on the market, and it shows in the gameplay....which can be seen as a flaw by non-tennis players. I read the multiple reviews concerning the difficulty of actually hitting "risk" shots, I am here to say that after a little practice you can start hitting the As a tennis player, and gamer I can say that Top Spin is by far (for now) the best tennis video game...more realistic than any other on the market, and it shows in the gameplay....which can be seen as a flaw by non-tennis players. I read the multiple reviews concerning the difficulty of actually hitting "risk" shots, I am here to say that after a little practice you can start hitting the risk shot with some consistency...it's not as tough as they all make it to be...if you use it properly. It's true load times are a little long, and occur pretty often (such as loading between menus)...and the CPU controlled characters are really insane at the higher levels... But the graphics, gameplay, and overall detail are top notch...great game! Expand
  18. LauriN.
    Oct 27, 2003
    Four words: The complete tennis experience.

#17 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Weekly Famitsu
    7 / 7 / 6 / 7 - 27 [Vol 814; 23 July 2004]
  2. Xbox Nation Magazine
    The best tennis videogame ever made. [Dec/Jan 2004, p.93]
    It joins the ranks of "Winning Eleven" as a title that can be truly decreed master of all it surveys. With the significantly improved gameplay over its peers and additional online elements, it must be considered as an essential purchase.