4.3

1. DanM.
    Dec 11, 2004
    The art direction is spot-on as far as recreating the look of the movie and the music is good when it keeps to Wendy Carlos' themes from the film, but otherwise, I was genuinely dissappointed with this title. The game-play is so-so, the character system is gimmicky, the level design is linear like a bad mid-nineties title ( everything must be done in order or doors won't open, The art direction is spot-on as far as recreating the look of the movie and the music is good when it keeps to Wendy Carlos' themes from the film, but otherwise, I was genuinely dissappointed with this title. The game-play is so-so, the character system is gimmicky, the level design is linear like a bad mid-nineties title ( everything must be done in order or doors won't open, etc ), cutscenes cannot be skipped even though they rarely do much for immersion. Perhaps worst of all is that load-screens are both ubiquitous and never-ending. And since death comes swiftly and often, expect even more load-screens. In other words, forget about any feeling of narrative momentum. I wouldn't get this unless you have Buddha-level patience, feel like doing your taxes between levels, or are OCD about the Tron franchise. Expand
  2. Lucas
    Dec 10, 2004
    Longing for an experience similar to the first time I watched TRON on the big screen 20 plus years ago; I found myself disappointed and dumbfounded by the 1997graphics weak story, even weaker voice acting, and horrible camera controls.
  3. Buried-In-The-Box
    Nov 20, 2004
    This attempt to bring back a 20 year old movie into game form is just sad.

1. The texture quality has been noticeably reduced, but the keen glow effect on all the characters and environments is meticulously preserved. [Jan 2005, p.86]
  2. It's just a little too late for a reboot from last year. [Feb 2005, p.87]
  3. We've used the word a few times during the review, but "chore" probably sums up TRON 2.0 if we were to plunge to our most uncharitable.