7.9

1. Feb 12, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Why is this port so bad, it could have been the best but it wasn't at all. This review will mostly be about the port of the game that I own (I wish I had the ps2 version) but I will talk quickly about the story and sound now. This game stars Marcus Reed, a generic ex gangster who becomes a generic police detective who is trying to solve his Mentor's death(in which spoilers, he's still alive and the final boss). The characters are stereotypes and the story is bland. The soundtrack is one of the redeeming qualities of this disaster in which it has many genres of music that I like. Now lets get to the gameplay, it is a Gta clone in which it is a 3rd person open world crime simulator(except your a cop). The cars and foot movement are clunky and slow. Now the graphics look nice, if they were finished. You can easily see threw character models. Now onto the the glitches, they are everywhere in this port. Especially progress stopping bugs towards the end of the game. Don't pick up this game or if you are curious then pick up sleeping dogs or the ps2 or gc ports of the game Expand

1. True Crime is a game looking to score the ultimate dope hit of Grand Theft Auto genius, and it has the contacts to make such a score, but fails to use them.
  2. Maybe it's because I just don't like the main character, maybe it's because the story is dafter than my opening paragraph, maybe it's because it's a third rate GTA wannabe. In any case, this one should be avoided unless you really liked the first one, although this is actually a step back from the original.
  3. By keeping it real, the game retains many of the things that make navigating the real city more of a pain than a pleasure: countless faceless skyscrapers don't make for memorable landmarks, and facing the wrong way down a jammed one-way street when you're in a hurry to get somewhere is the sort of challenge few will relish. [Jan 2005, p.91]