6.9

1. Nov 8, 2014
    I wish I still had my XBox. Oh, the fun I had. 8 yr old me had a beutiful time with this game, sometimes it got me in trouble with my older sister for hogging the system, other times my parents looked like they were gonna put my talent in the Guiness World Records book. Anyway...
    Gameplay: 7/10
    Gameplay: 7/10
    When I was younger, the gameplay was newest of the century. But when I got older, more free roam games got in my head, so I have to give it a 7
    Graphics: 10/10
    This game introduced a new graphical style where things looked like they were in a comic book. A good pat on the back to the creators
    Wish I could play this game: 20/10
    Sold my XBox, and it went to my friend, Erin. I've been thinking about just getting another one

1. The style and mood captures the spirit of the comics perfectly, and having two playable characters is a feature that turned out excellent. It's a shame that stomping through the streets as Venom while devouring civilians can't make up for the repetitive missions and the appallingly short time it takes to beat the game.
  2. Ultimate Spider-Man may look very stylish and visually capture the essence of a comic perfectly, but the gameplay feels like a swing backwards in almost every department.
  3. Did a purse-holder at Activision one day grapple fruitlessly with the last game's control system and scrawl in their subsequent notes "Make the next one so that I can play it"? Speculation aside, someone sure messed-up Spider-Man. [Dec 2005, p.108]