Ultimate Spider-Man Xbox

7.5

1. Jun 24, 2017
    This game is amazing, and was easily one of my favorite games from my childhood. The novel style graphics are fantastic and make you feel as though you are playing a comic book, which is awesome for me. I have also played Web of Shadows and Shattered Dimensions (Which are also amazing), but this game has a special place in my heart.
  2. EvanM.
    Sep 15, 2005
    This game is probably one of the best superhero gaems out there. It combines the two storys of Spiderman and Venom seamlessly, while you play through both of them. The fighting system has been greatly improved from the one in Spiderman 2, while still keeping the basic formula. There are a ton of bosses, and you have to use your intuition instead of just brute force when you fight them. This game is probably one of the best superhero gaems out there. It combines the two storys of Spiderman and Venom seamlessly, while you play through both of them. The fighting system has been greatly improved from the one in Spiderman 2, while still keeping the basic formula. There are a ton of bosses, and you have to use your intuition instead of just brute force when you fight them. The graphics are amazing looking. Expand
  3. CharlesT.
    Sep 30, 2005
    An excellent and beautiful game, but I sure wish it were longer!
  4. MichaelB.
    Oct 27, 2005
    Incredibly fun. The cel-shaded animation looks awesome. Plenty of cool Spider-Man characters and locales. Playing as Venom is the most fun, of course. I only have a few major disputes with this one. The voice acting for certain characters is pretty bad (namely Peter Parker). And why can street thugs block my attacks but I can't block theirs?

#66 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005

1. The style and mood captures the spirit of the comics perfectly, and having two playable characters is a feature that turned out excellent. It's a shame that stomping through the streets as Venom while devouring civilians can't make up for the repetitive missions and the appallingly short time it takes to beat the game.
  2. AceGamez
    Ultimate Spider-Man may look very stylish and visually capture the essence of a comic perfectly, but the gameplay feels like a swing backwards in almost every department.
  3. Edge Magazine
    Did a purse-holder at Activision one day grapple fruitlessly with the last game's control system and scrawl in their subsequent notes "Make the next one so that I can play it"? Speculation aside, someone sure messed-up Spider-Man. [Dec 2005, p.108]